“Rip off”

PARKROYAL Darling Harbour Sydney
Ranked #25 of 178 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed June 11, 2014

Upon arrive I paid $300 security bond for the 3 nights I stayed and 3 weeks on I'm still waiting on it to be returned to my account. After numerous phone calls to the hotel asking what is going on, they reply with it should be in there. I've spoke to the bank. And gone over and over my accounts with the bank and no money has been returned. Asked for a simple email twice to two separate email accounts with the details on when the money was returned. And still have not received an ounce of detail about it. I will never stay at this hotel again. I had no problems paying, but when I don't get my money returned that's not on it's stealing.

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank Wales1194
Paul F, General Manager at PARKROYAL Darling Harbour Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2014

Thank you for the review of your most recent stay with us here at PARKROYAL Darling Harbour.

With regard to your security bond, I would like to apologise for the delay and invite you to contact myself directly if the issue has not yet been resolved.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future for any of your travels.

There are newer reviews for PARKROYAL Darling Harbour Sydney

Reviewed June 11, 2014

We recently did the Hiltons executive level and found the Park Royal had one too. So we were only going to be here for a couple of nights and treated ourselves to their Executive Level. Obviously we had a benchmark to measure it against and what we found was far better than you would first think, the room was stunning, huge bed, plenty of space, great view of the harbour ( Darling ), we were on level 8 in room 817. The bathroom was also huge, large Shower with two options the large shower head above or the handheld one. We had too very comfortable nights, the bed was lovely, cosy and comfortable. Now we normally bring a couple of bottles of wine with us to have a tipple before we go out but the fridge here was a problem, we had to rearrange it to get the bottles in! Having said that you have access to the Lounge for free drinks and nibbles, so don’t bother bringing any. The lounge is very nice, on the 9th floor. Usual selection of wines and beers but what made this different was the volume of cooked foods, the Hilton may have one and sometime two but here there was large pots of different meals, the best was a Seafood Chowder / Stew with Barra and prawns, it was to die for, so fresh, Fish cooked perfectly. The other major difference was the Breakfast, streets ahead of the Hiltons, gourmet products, plenty of options, artisan breads and pastries. I would however suggest you maybe ask for a room not directly under the Lounge, because the chairs are being dragged around, cutlery dropping on the floor, cleaning in the wee small hours tends to wake you up. The place is close to the Shopping Malls and Chinatown, we arrived by Train at the Town Hall station which was a short downhill walk to the Hotel, the staff are very friendly and helpful, I would definitely come to this hotel again and I would recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: Request a room that is not directly under the Club Lounge
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Paul F, General Manager at PARKROYAL Darling Harbour Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2014

Thank you for reviewing your most recent stay with us here at PARKROYAL Darling Harbour.

I am delighted to read that you appreciated our fantastic Club Lounge and facilities. We take great pride in the refurbishments to our guest rooms and Club Lounge, and am pleased that you enjoyed the variety of food and drinks available, as well as the size of the room.

We hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future. Thank you once again for providing such a positive review.

Warm Regards

Reviewed June 10, 2014

Stayed at the Park Royal on the 16th & 17th of May. Booked 2 club rooms. Location was great- walking distance to entertainment, shops etc. The rooms were large & clean.The club lounge was an added plus. Breakfast was substantial( five stars to the chef that cooked us some very yummy omlettes). The best part of our stay, however was the exceptional service provided by all staff. It more than made up for the lack of swimming pool, sauna etc. A very special thank you to the manager who gifted us with a bottle of champagne to celebrate our wedding anniversary. Would definitely stay again!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with the comments and feedback from your most recent stay at the PARKROYAL Darling Harbour. The responses our guests provide us with are an invaluable source of information and allow us to improve our standards and service.

I was delighted to hear of your positive experience with us. We take pride in the refurbishment and enhancements to our guestrooms, restaurant and Club Lounge.
I am also very pleased to note that you enjoyed dealing with our staff. Our dedicated staff work diligently to cater to as many individuals’ needs as possible. I hope that you enjoyed the complimentary bottle of champagne. It is always a special treat to be able to help celebrate an anniversary.

Warm Regards

Reviewed June 9, 2014

We stayed at Parkroyal at Darling Harbour on a Sunday to see Vivad.Our room looked over Darling Harbour,so we saw the lights and fireworks from our room,what a treat.We came with a one year old and we where very impressed the way the staff talked and treated her.We will return because it's so handy to everything and the great service..

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

I was delighted to hear that you chose our hotel for your visit to Sydney for the Vivid light festival. Our location is in prime position for the Vivid light and fireworks display.

I am also pleased that you found our staff to be so friendly and helpful to you and your family. We work hard to cater to as many individuals needs as possible and enjoy meeting and dealing with all of our guests and their children.

Reviewed June 9, 2014

We stayed here for vivid ,the location was great the rooms were big and clean ,stocked great, .the breakfast was good and they didn't rush you out.checking in was excellent and very helpful, but connecting rooms noisy if loud family next door . Pillows soft and rooms nice .

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Paul F, General Manager at PARKROYAL Darling Harbour Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2014

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed all the local attractions and festivities around the hotel and that your stay coincided with the Vivid Festival. The hotel is in prime position for the light display at Darling Harbour.

I am also pleased that you enjoyed your room and amenities. We take pride in the refurbishment and enhancements to our guestrooms and restaurant.

With regard to the noise coming through the interconnecting rooms; yes, it is unfortunate when you are staying next to noisy visitors. However, I am pleased to let you know that the hotel is in the middle of a soundproofing project on all of the interconnecting rooms. This will reduce the level of noise and improve the overall experience.

Reviewed June 8, 2014

We stayed at the Parkroyal on Friday night , I went in early and the weather wash horrible( I was a drowned rat) , on arrival I couldn't have been greeted by a more warm and welcoming front of house staff.
I was quickly informed of all the extra's I was entitled too, all the hotels amenities , what new paper I would like the next day etc. The receptionist lady was lovely and smiled , asked me of my plans and would I need a umbrella.
The hotel foyer had a nice clean smell , uncluttered and plenty of helpful staff.
The lifts were a bit slow but as there is renovations going on and one lift was out not too bad.
Our room was on the 5th floor , a Darling Harbour view , although there is a lot of traffic below the view was fantastic, as it is the Vivid festival all the buildings were lit up and colourful.
The room is large , well appointed , King size bed , coffee and tea ( 4 selections) , wine and drink glasses ,complimentary water and robes.
the bathroom has a full bath and a separate rain shower . Ample supply's for your stay, shampoo etc. 3 large and fluffy towel always like an extra towel.
The bed is very comfortable , pillows are good and fluffy. I really liked that there was a light switch at the side of the bed for the bathroom , so you don't need to struggle around in the dark a single dim light comes on so you can find your way and back without disturbing your partner.
Buffet breakfast was very nice ( on floor R for restaurant haha) , plenty of choice, my only gripes are that I couldn't find the juice glasses which were below the station and as there wasn't many they were right at the back and I would have to get down on my knees to reach them. there is an egg station , on asking the chief for a poached egg he said the ones he had were for someone else not offering to make me some fresh ones. But overall very nice.
Check out was easy ,the same lovely lady checked me out and remembered me from the day before asking me about my night and stay.
This hotel is an easy walk from Town Hall station , to Darling harbour and China town great location.

Room Tip: well worth a Darling view room , our room was 518 , perfect .
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jujuspillane
Paul F, General Manager at PARKROYAL Darling Harbour Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2014

I was delighted to hear of your positive experience with us and that you were pleased with your room. We take pride in the refurbishment and enhancements to our guestrooms.

I would also like to thank you for mentioning our staff on Trip Advisor. Our team members work diligently to cater to as many individuals needs as possible. The weather has not been particularly kind lately, but I am glad that our friendly team was able to make you feel so welcome upon your arrival.

Reviewed June 7, 2014

We had an excellent stay in Sydney at the Parkroyal Darling Harbour recently. The service and all the staff were outstanding. With tickets to Strictly Ballroom the location for us was perfect with an easy walk to Sydney Lyric Theatre.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

I was delighted to hear of your positive experience with us and that you were pleased with our location. We take great pride in our proximity to the local attractions around the Sydney CBD. I hope that you enjoyed your night out watching Strictly Ballroom.