“Great Location and Great Service”

PARKROYAL Darling Harbour Sydney
Ranked #28 of 182 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Stayed here for a weekend away with friends. From check in till check out could find very little to fault this hotel with. Friendly, helpful staff, very clean rooms and great breakfast catering to all tastes. The location here is wonderful - easy to get to Circular Quay to access ferries etc, easy walk to city shopping, Darling Harbour and attractions. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Newcastletraveller56
Craig B, General Manager at PARKROYAL Darling Harbour Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2013

Dear Newcastletraveller56,

Thank you so much for highlighting our excellent location - PARKROYAL Darling Harbour is close to some of Sydney's premier attractions, bars and restaurants.

We have an ongoing commitment to Creating Memorable Hotel Experiences for all of our guests and I was pleased to note that you found our facilities and services excellent.

I do hope that we can welcome you back to PARKROYAL Darling Harbour in the near future.

Warm Regards

Craig Bond

Write a ReviewReviews (3,009)

Reviewed September 19, 2013

The ParkRoyal in Darling Harbour provided an unexpected pleasant surprise for my son and I after we made a (very) last minute dash to Sydney to attend a game of footy. My bed was super-comfortable and with the curtains truly blacking out the morning light, the Sunday morning sleep in was just bliss. I used the Gym (twice) and all of the gear is practically brand new. It has plenty of space to spread out. Personally I can do without a TV on the bike or cross trainer (you can turn them on and off from the control panel) but I can see this would be a hook for some. The Hotel is a short walk from the Town Hall train station and this access to the public transport hub was perfect for our situation. My small gripe (in a follow up survey) about the WOTIF TOS - where my license was photocopied rather than just sighted - was promptly responded to by Management - impressive in itself. I will definitely be going back. PS Our team lost the footy!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Craig B, General Manager at PARKROYAL Darling Harbour Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2013

Dear Chris M,

I do hope we can welcome you back to PARKROYAL Darling Harbour in the near future and that your footy team does better next season.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

Perfect locations within walking distance to almost everywhere downtown, darling harbour,a short ferry/train ride to Sydney Opera House and Sydney Harbour Bridge. I got a nice room with the Darling Harbour View which make my stay perfect in the day and night while in the room. I'll come back again and recommand friends when I next visit Sydney. Thank you for the excellence service and the efficient team which make the stay welcome and pleasant.

Room Tip: Room with a view of the darling harbour is good to have (if lucky)Corner room gets more sun which ma...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Dear Marina S,

We do look forward to welcoming you back to PARKROYAL Darling Harbour in the near future.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

This is a great place to stay and so close to all amenities specially on business it was short stay and it was all so easy reception staff to porters the rooms were clean and bed are fantastic best sleep ever, the only down turn was when you go for a shower the taps are on the bottom underneath the shower head so your all body has to be in the shower before it can be turned on.
In all great place to stay thanks

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank JR230463

Dear JR230463,

Thank you for reviewing your most recent stay with us here at PARKROYAL Darling Harbour.

I am delighted to read that you appreciated our great location as well as our refurbished rooms which we are very proud of.

I have passed your comment about the taps in the shower to our Engineering Department for review.

We look forward in welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

Someone has seriously thought about the rooms in this hotel. Power points everywhere including at desktop height, on the bedside table and in the bathroom. This is a vast improvement on 99% of the hotels in the world which make it almost impossible to power up anything. Loads of lighting, hallelujah! Finally we can see what we are doing, be it working on our computers, reading in bed, or, oh trying to read the in room menu. And the bathroom is laid out properly. The hand towel rails are where you'd expect them to be, the toilet paper is in a position where you don't have to be a contortionist to get to it, and there is plenty of bench space. The mini bar is hidden nicely in a cabinet that can double as a counter top and it doesn't have a backing mirror. Who the hell decided mini bars needed a backing mirror? Who wants to watch themselves have another drink or chocolate bar they know they don't need? I had room service dinner which was quick, beautifully presented and delicious. All hotels should be this good. Well done Parkroyal!

Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Angelry_1
Craig B, General Manager at PARKROYAL Darling Harbour Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

Dear Angelry,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with the comments and feedback from your most recent stay at the PARKROYAL Darling Harbour. The responses our guests provide us with are an invaluable source of information and allow us to improve our standards and service.

I was pleased to hear of your positive experiences at the hotel and thank you for your feedback in regards to our refurbishment. As part of our ongoing commitment to Creating Memorable Hotel Experiences we completed a multi-million dollar refurbishment in February. The refurbishment included enhancements to our guestrooms, restaurant, bars, event spaces, gymnasium as well as our PARKROYAL Club Lounge and lobby.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future for any of your business or leisure travels.

Kind Regards

Reviewed September 15, 2013

Stayed at this hotel before and loved the location but found staff not very friendly. Stayed for 2 nights for our anniversary and booked a premium room with access to the club lounge. The hotel has all been refurbished and the room was first class. It was very large, and lovely decorated and a huge luxurious bathroom. Could not fault the room at all. The club lounge is excellent and worth paying the extra to use it. The food and service was excellent and the staff very attentive. Liz one of the staff members was on both night and she was so lovely . We will definitely be back. The check in and out was very quick and also staff very nice and friendly and took the time to ask if we enjoyed our stay. All in all well done to the park royal cant wait to return.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Craig B, General Manager at PARKROYAL Darling Harbour Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2013

Dear JackD459,

Firstly, I would like to congratulate you on your anniversary and thank you for taking the time to provide us with the comments and feedback from your most recent stay at the PARKROYAL Darling Harbour. The responses our guests provide us with are an invaluable source of information and allow us to improve our standards and service.

I was pleased to hear of your positive experiences at the hotel. As part of our ongoing commitment to Creating Memorable Hotel Experiences we completed a multi-million dollar refurbishment in February. The refurbishment included enhancements to our guestrooms, restaurant, bars, event spaces, gymnasium as well as our PARKROYAL Club Lounge and lobby.

Thank you for your feedback regarding your Club experience and I was pleased to read that you enjoyed yourselves in our luxurious surroundings.

Kind Regards

Reviewed September 14, 2013

Stayed at Parkroyal Darling Harbour for several nights with my family in August. The rooms are quite big and have very comfortable beds. Families with young kids would love the fact that the twin rooms have double queen beds. Room amenities were of good quality as well. Wifi connection was also pretty strong. Staff are friendly. Tom at the concierge was indeed very helpful in finding various options we could use to get to Paddington market. Breakfast was excellent - good selection of food. Egg counter was looked after by a very cheerful lady chef who cooked up very delicious egg variety dishes. Extra points for their DIY juice counter! I looked forward to breakfast every morning.
Hotel location is good as well. My family and I practically walked everywhere - to QVB, China town, etc. And of course, the beautiful Darling Harbour is just a link bridge away. There are convenience stores very near the hotel so if you need any last minute or emergency things, you don't have to worry much.
Overall a great experience and I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Craig B, General Manager at PARKROYAL Darling Harbour Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2013

Dear hydrangeasandroses,

Thank you so much for highlighting our excellent location - PARKROYAL Darling Harbour is located to some of Sydney's premier attractions, bars and restaurants.

We have an ongoing commitment to Creating Memorable Hotel Experiences for all of our guests and I was pleased to note that you found our facilities and services satisfactory.

Thank you for highlighting our extensive breakfast offering in BARKERS Restaurant and for your feedback on Tom. I will ensure that Tom receives this as well as his manager.

Thank you again for your feedback and I do look forward in welcoming you back to PARKROYAL Darling Harbour in the near future.