PARKROYAL Darling Harbour Sydney
Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
$138
$156
Hilton
$211
  • Pool
Hyatt Regency Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
$144
$157
$141
Marriott Hotels
  • Restaurant
The Grace Hotel Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
$123
$111
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Amora Hotel Jamison Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
$287
$138
$217
$158
Agoda.com
3,173 results
All reviewsdarling harbourclub roomgreat locationbuffet breakfasttown hall stationshort walkqueen victoria buildingroom was spaciousan upgradean easy walkgeorge streetcentral locationopera housechinatownconciergeghafreeway
Reviewed June 15, 2013

This trip to Sydney was a first for my partner and I, both never being there. Since we're in Brisbane and Sydney is a cheap flight away, we thought we must head there. We arrived in Sydney late on a Thursday night, we caught the train into the city where we then walked to the hotel. At this point it was late at night, we were both so impressed with the city and how it was still vibrant even late on a weeknight - not something you see in Brisbane.

When we arrived at the hotel, we were far from disappointed. We were greeted by friendly staff and a very nice hotel. We've found in a fair few places we have stayed that the foyer and hotel can appear very nice, but then the room could be dated or average, however in this instance, we weren't let down. The room and the harbour view was amazing.

We woke up on Friday to me being pretty unwell which we aren't sure why. My partner went to find me something to help ease the sickness in which he found the staff very helpful on the front desk pointing him in the right direction. This was clearly helpful as we were both new to Sydney/Darling Harbour.

All in all, I would say this is a lovely place to stay and a definite recommendation. Very hard to fault!

Room Tip: Get a Harbour View room
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Craig B, General Manager at PARKROYAL Darling Harbour Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2013

Dear Becccca,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with the comments and feedback from your most recent stay at the PARKROYAL Darling Harbour. The responses our guests provide us with are an invaluable source of information and allow us to improve our standards and service.

I was pleased to hear of your positive experiences at the hotel. As part of our ongoing commitment to Creating Memorable Hotel Experiences we completed a multi-million dollar refurbishment in February. The refurbishment included enhancements to our guestrooms, restaurant, bars, event spaces, gymnasium as well as our PARKROYAL Club Lounge and lobby.

I was also pleased to read that our staff acted quickly to assist you when you fell ill and will pass on your positive feedback to the team.

I thank you again for your comments and hope that we can welcome you back to the PARKROYAL Darling Harbour in the new future.

Best Regards

Reviewed June 12, 2013

My husband and I stayed 1 night as I had appointment at st vincents hospital the next day. The lass that booked us in is a great asset to your staff. Friendly polite and nothing was an issue to her. We had booked a secret room and was so happy with the room and the availability to darling harbour. We have to come back to st vincents hospital in 6 months and will definately be booking in again.

• Stayed: June 2013
Craig B, General Manager at PARKROYAL Darling Harbour Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

Dear bevkay50,

Thank you for reviewing your most recent stay with us here at PARKROYAL Darling Harbour.

I was delighted to read that you had a pleasant stay and that our staff were attentive to your needs.

I look forward in welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

I chose this hotel due to reviews from others. Thank you contributors! Staff were polite, professional and helpful, room was clean, fresh with beautiful views and even a bath! The bed was super comfy too. We thoroughly enjoyed the buffet breakfast that was superb. Thank you Parkroyal for making our stay special.

• Stayed: June 2013

Dear Away-We-Went,

I was pleased to hear of your positive experiences at the hotel. As part of our ongoing commitment to Creating Memorable Hotel Experiences we have completed a multi-million dollar refurbishment in February 2013. The refurbishment included enhancements to our guestrooms, restaurant, bars, event spaces, gymnasium as well as our PARKROYAL Club Lounge and lobby.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future for any of your business or leisure travels.

Kind Regards

Reviewed June 11, 2013

A pleasant stay a this hotel for 1 night over the long weekend. The decor is modern, & perhaps a bit on the dark side in the rooms, with some walls & cupboards done in black. The room was on the smaller side but still adequate, even with a rollaway bed. Found bedding a pillows comfortable. Check-in & out was a little slow with only one reception desk open at 2pm, but still friendly & efficient. Valet parking & bag check was much appreciated as we were travelling with children.
The only complaint I would have was the view of Darling Harbour from the 5th floor was interrupted by both the Imax theatre & the expressway. Couldn't see much of the water or surrounding walkways.

Room Tip: View from the 5th floor not that crash hot.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Dear houseofjoanne,

I was pleased to read that you had a good overall stay and I hope that we can welcome you back to the hotel in the near future. Thank you again for your review.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

We stayed the Queen's birthday weekend, had 3 nights and enjoyed every minute.
We have previously stayed there when it was called the Crowne Plaza in 2010 and I must say the upgrade is fantastic. The rooms are large, modern, very clean. The staff were very friendly, smiling and very welcoming. Nothing was too much trouble and the care and attention was 1st class. The location of the hotel , is in walking distance of the Town Hall railway station less than 5 mins and its approximately a 3 minute walk to Cockle Bay Wharf. We even walked to the Sydney Tower. National Maritine Mueseum, Sydney Aquarium are very close also. We had a fantastic weekend and we will be back.The harbour view is fantastic, we watched the fireworks adn the light shows from our room.

Room Tip: The harbour view rooms are worth paying the extra.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear LauncestOn_13,

Thank you so much for highlighting our excellent location - PARKROYAL Darling Harbour is close to some of Sydney's premier attractions, bars and restaurants.

We have an ongoing commitment to Creating Memorable Hotel Experiences for all of our guests and I was pleased to note that you found our facilities and services excellent.

Once again, I was delighted to hear your feedback and will make sure that this is communicated to all of our teams.

We look forward to welcoming you back to PARKROYAL Darling Harbour in the near future.