“Loved it. Perfect for business or romantic weekend away.”

PARKROYAL Darling Harbour Sydney
Ranked #23 of 178 Hotels in Sydney
Brisbane, Australia
“Loved it. Perfect for business or romantic weekend away.”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

I stayed here recently for 5 nights for a conference and shopping. Stayed on the 8th floor in a Club room (can't recall the specific name). Thought that the Club rooms were excellent value - the room rate includes free wireless, free buffet breakfast either at the hotel restaurant or in the Club Room on the 9th floor (quieter, nice views, smaller selection). Also includes 2 items laundered per day, free newspapers and free access to the Club Lounge on the 9th floor. The Club Lounge has tea, coffee, juice and biscuits / fruit available all day, also 5.30-8.30 (I think it finishes at 8.30) it has free drinks (plentiful supply of alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks) and appetisers. Appetisers actually means choice from a few hot dishes, salads, antipasto, small slices of cake and a huge cheese platter. This meant I could go up with my husband before dinner, but also that when I was on my own I could eat enough there to not need to go out to dinner. It was a lovely space and I often sat up there in the day for a while with a coffee.

The hotel all looked very new. There was no sign of ongoing refurbishments, I think the renovation is all finished. My room was spotless and new. Nicely furnished. No bath in the bathroom but that didn't bother me. The shower was great.

It was 3-5 minutes easy walk across a few crossings to get to Darling Harbour (I had an excellent view from my room) and about 7 minutes walk to the QVB shops and 10 minutes to Pitt Street mall.

All of the staff were lovely and attentive. I'd highly recommend this place and intend going again as soon as the opportunity arises!

Room Tip: Look into Club Rooms, which I think are 8th and 9th Floor. Get a room with a view for sure.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Craig B, General Manager at PARKROYAL Darling Harbour Sydney, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Dear brisbane_familyof5,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with the comments and feedback from your most recent stay at the PARKROYAL Darling Harbour. The responses our guests provide us with are an invaluable source of information and allow us to improve our standards and service.

I was pleased to hear of your positive experiences at the hotel. As part of our ongoing commitment to Creating Memorable Hotel Experiences we completed a multi-million dollar refurbishment in February. The refurbishment included enhancements to our guestrooms, restaurant, bars, event spaces, gymnasium as well as our PARKROYAL Club Lounge and lobby.

Thank you for highlighting our central location. The PARKROYAL Darling Harbour is close to some of Sydney's best attractions, bars and restaurants.

I was also pleased to read that you took advantage of our Club Lounge and its benefits.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future for any of your business or leisure travels.

Kind Regards

Craig Bond

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (619)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed May 28, 2013

what a great Hotel. Very quiet, very clean and service was excellent. Would go there again. Our bags were taken from us on arrival. We ate at the restaurant and the food was excellent. A very comfortable bed and great service overall. Location suited us as we were only there for a day but we seemed close to all shopping in Sydney

Room Tip: We had a corner room with excellent views of Sydney
Dear PenguinCruisers,

Thank you so much for highlighting our excellent location - PARKROYAL Darling Harbour is close to some of Sydney's premier attractions, as well as bars and restaurants.

I was pleased to note that you found our facilities and services excellent, we have an ongoing commitment to Creating Memorable Hotel Experiences for all of our guests.

Once again, I was delighted to hear your feedback, I will make sure that this is communicated to all of our teams.

We do look forward to welcoming you back to PARKROYAL Darling Harbour in the near future.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Staying in a King Harbour View room on the 10th floor as I write. Really disappointed with the room. If this room has been refurbished I hate to think what it was like before. For the price paid for a Monday and Tuesday night this room is small and cramped. I often travel from Melbourne to Sydney, and have stayed in many nice hotels, this being the first time at the Park Royal. The location is great but as stated previously, for the price, stay at the Sheraton, Marriott or Intercontinental.

1 Thank Clare L
Craig B, General Manager at PARKROYAL Darling Harbour Sydney, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Dear Hatcher1,

Thank you for taking the time to write an online review from your most recent stay at the PARKROYAL Darling Harbour. These reviews are an invaluable source of information and allow us to improve our standards and service.

I was sorry to read that you were disappointed with our facilities and that it didn't meet your expectations.

We are very much a 'gay friendly' hotel and I do apologise for any confusion that was made from our front office staff.

I do hope that we can welcome you back to the PARKROYAl Darling Harbour soon.

Best Regards

Reviewed May 26, 2013

I was very disappointed when I was asked by Stanley the check in gentleman if my partner and I had two booking. Sydney is apparently the 'gay capital' of Australia.

The rooms are expensive but not well maintained. The surfaces need a good clean! The bath has dents in the bottom.

Not impressed.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Hatcher1
Solomon Islands
Reviewed May 26, 2013

What i loved about this hotel:
1. Location: Close to darling harbour (obviously!), close to paddy market, close to the Sydney tower, close to train station.
2. The corner room: we got lucky, the room has good space as it at the corner, two big window over looking (the bridge to) darling harbor.
3. The surrounding: per-kg-laundry, convenient store, take-out Japanese-food, nice cafes are near by.

What i liked:
1. Free Magazine
2. Wifi
3. The rate, which is quite reasonable IMO
4. His and her sink
5. Breakfast: order to eat in the room, surprised to get more than what we ordered..i think we only ordered one menu but it was enough for all 3 of us.

What i didn't particularly like:
1. The toilet position in the bathroom....it is open and right next to the bath tub, opposite the sink. It needs a glass door or else, moved to different spot.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Craig B, General Manager at PARKROYAL Darling Harbour Sydney, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Dear cheerfultwinkle,

Thank you for reviewing your most recent stay with us here at PARKROYAL Darling Harbour.

I am delighted to read that you appreciated our great location as well as our newly refurbished rooms which we are very proud of.

We hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future. Thank you once again for providing such a positive review.

Perth
Reviewed May 26, 2013

We were warmly greeted when we rocked up in our cab, check in was prompt and our bags were delivered to our room not long after we settled in. Our room was very spacious with 2 double beds, and an upmarket, spacious bathroom with fantastic products for use. There was a nice deep bath (which we didnt use) and a separate large shower.
We were only there for a night but I have been to Sydney before and know the location is fantastic. Just a short stroll to darling harbour, just around the corner from many great (and cheap!) asian restaurants (Chinatown is not far away) and maybe a 15min walk to circular quay. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear bullcat24,

Thank you so much for highlighting our excellent location - PARKROYAL Darling Harbour is close to some of Sydney's premier attractions, bars and restaurants.

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed May 26, 2013

It's great value to book a Club room. Access to exclusive Club lounge, free smorgasborg breakfast in Club lounge or the restraunt & free drinks and food from 5.30pm to 8pm. All this for a few extra dollars.
The rooms are excellent, very clean and have all the amenities you need. We loved the experience and will definitely go there whenever we travel to Sydney.

1 Thank Bryan035
Dear Bryan035,

I was pleased to hear of your positive experiences at the hotel. As part of our ongoing commitment to Creating Memorable Hotel Experiences we completed a multi-million dollar refurbishment in February 2013. The refurbishment included enhancements to our guestrooms, restaurant, bars, event spaces, gymnasium as well as our PARKROYAL Club Lounge and lobby.

It was great that you took advantage of our Club Experience. The Club Lounge is the premier lounge in Sydney offering guests that little bit of luxury with many benefits including evening canapes and drinks, late check-out and an intimate breakfast.

Kind Regards