“Short Break”

PARKROYAL Darling Harbour Sydney
Ranked #25 of 178 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed March 15, 2013

We splurged and went for a room with access to the VIP Lounge. The hotel was still being renovated, but there was no noise or disturbance. Before booking it would have been good to know that the fitness facilities were out of commission, being renovated. The room we has was OK - nothing really special. Clean, renovated and serviceable. No views except a derelict building next door. Location was great. Short walk to Darling Harbour and easy walking distance to Circular Quay and Chinatown.The real bonus of this stay, though was the VIP lounge. Breakfast good quality, great food; and night time the drinks and snacks/light meals were so good that we didn't end up eating out, despite initial plans to do so. Great views from the lounge as well. All up we really enjoyed our stay, mainly because of the VIP Lounge and location. PS Air conditioning was also very cold.

Room Tip: Specifically ask for something overlooking the Harbour. Our room looked out onto a building site/old...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Craig B, General Manager at PARKROYAL Darling Harbour Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Dear Kim R,

Thank you for reviewing your most recent stay with us here at PARKROYAL Darling Harbour.

I was most delighted to read that you discovered the PARKROYAL Club experience. The PARKROYAL Darling Harbour is the only 4.5 star hotel in Sydney to have an Executive Lounge that offers a residential feel and packed with benefits, which include an exclusive check-out, intimate breakfast and twilight drinks and canapes each evening.

I do apologise that our gymnasium wasn't opened when you stayed here. The hotel underwent a multi-million dollar refurbishment, which included the gym. You will be happy to know that the refurbishment is now completed and our gym is now open, which is full of state-of-the-art equipment , complete with the latest technology.

I do hope that we can welcome back at the PARKROYAL Darling Harbour soon.

Best Regards

Craig Bond

There are newer reviews for PARKROYAL Darling Harbour Sydney

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Only had an overnight but what a most enjoyable stay. Perfect location, very efficient, friendly and helpful staff. On arrival upgraded to a club room with beautiful views of Darling Harbor. Excellent buffet breakfast.Very close to Town Hall train station and very easy to get around the city from the Parkroyal. I would definitely recommend this hotel and hope to have the pleasure of another stay in the near future.

Room Tip: Book a Darling Harbour room on a higher level.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Craig B, General Manager at PARKROYAL Darling Harbour Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2013

Dear PamaSydney,

I am delighted to read that you appreciated our great location and its close proximity to some of Sydney's premier attractions.

It was great to see that you took advantage of upgrading to one of our Club Rooms which offer sweeping views of Darling Harbour and enjoyed your breakfast in Barkers Restaurant.

We hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future. Thank you once again for providing such a positive review.

Warm Regards,

Craig Bond

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Didn't start too well with the "valet only" parking option, which is a hassle having to traipse through a busy reception carrying bags and children who are asleep. The $50 premium was also annoyingly not mentioned on their website. The room was adequate and recently refreshed, all bar the bathroom.

New building going up adjacent, so only builders to look at through the windows. Breakfast buffet is the absolute highlight and to my mind was its only saving grace.

Checkout crowded and slow, credit card fee in excess of $6 and the car encircled by a ring of smokers puffing away in their assigned area. Not at all inviting, healthy or child friendly.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 14, 2013

2 weeks before we arrived emailed to find out if renovations completion was on time - was told they were by Park Royal themselves - our Travel agent then informed us that this was not so - I once again emailed on the 22.01.2013 and a reply came back on the 24.01.2013 from Mark Fogarty - Assistant Manager stating that "the gym and main restaurant would be completed 30 - 31st Jan " we arrived 2nd February 2013 3 days later - what a JOKE they were still bashing and crashing around the week we were there !! completion no where in sight. Other than this inconvenience the hotel is in an excellent location and the staff were very helpful.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 14, 2013

As you would expect after a major refurbishment everything in my room and those parts of the hotel I visited were all wonderful. Rooms were large (twin queen beds in my room) and plenty of room to work and place luggage.
Staff on checking were wonderful, and the concierge parking my car made an easy transition into the hotel looby.
The most beneficial part of the hotel is its location; within easy walking distance to Darling Harbour and all its attractions.

Room Tip: The hotel has an open centre, highlighting the restaurant. Being on level two the sound of the resta...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Ok...I'll admit, part of why I had such an amazing experience at this hotel was because I was in a suite on the club level and therefore had club access, but that being said...this hotel was great. The staff was very helpful and friendly. I had questions for the concierge nearly every day (sometimes multiple times a day) and they never steered me wrong. The club access was great...they told me there would be breakfast as well as cocktails with canapes each day, but I had no idea the spread would be so great. One night that was my dinner (as I was working late in my room) and all the days it was my breakfast. Additionally it was an easy walk to the pier where you could grab the ferry or any of the various tourist boats. The room was beautiful and very clean...everything was very new. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling for work or pleasure.

Room Tip: If you can swing it, get a suite on the club level...huge and lots of added value.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 13, 2013

What can I say.
I stayed at the Parkroyal while attending a conference at another venue. I work in the industry so I can be particularly fussy when it comes to different hotels. After reading the great reviews on trip advisor I really didn't have and hesitations in booking my stay here. When I arrived, all of my requests had been met (High floor, 2 x double beds, renovated room etc). I wont go into detail but there were a couple of hiccups with our rooms air conditioner and condensation. All in all, the issue was not rectified to my liking at the time. However they did offer my friend and I complimentary on both mornings as well as other great value compensation for the inconvenience that it did put us through. Since Checking out of the hotel, I filled in the electronic feedback form they emailed to me one night at about 11pm, to my shock, the Assistant Manager phoned me back the next morning at 9.05 to discuss and apologise the issues that occurred during my stay. For someone who works in the industry - this is a huge positive. Managers of hotels are generally very busy with many other things - but to phone back a guest and spend 30+ minutes on the phone really did make me feel valued.
I would definitely recommend staying here, I know I will again despite my hiccups. You won't find friendlier management in all of Sydney in my opinions.
Happy Travelling!
P.S The beds were AMAZING! Possibly the most comfortable beds I have ever had in a hotel!

Thank You Parkroyal Darling Harbour!

Room Tip: The Breakfast is definitely worth it! Room Service Food also very tasty and LARGE portions
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business