“Beautifully renovated hotel”

PARKROYAL Darling Harbour Sydney
Ranked #25 of 178 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed February 3, 2013

we stayed for one night in the club twin room.
we were suprised by the luxury of this hotel especially considering its reasonable price!
the bathroom was AMAZING with the waterfall showehead and size for a hotel bathroom.
we had club lounge benefits which included evening canapes and champagne, free internet access, executive breakfast etc.
the 'city view' was a little dissapointing as it was literallly a view of the balconies of the next building and a construction site, not what i was expecting, but with so many other benefits it rea,ky didnt matter!
very close to city, cbd and darling harbour

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Craig B, General Manager at PARKROYAL Darling Harbour Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

Dear jules2186

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with the comments and feedback from your most recent stay at the PARKROYAL Darling Harbour. The responses our guests provide us with are an invaluable source of information and allow us to improve our standards and service.

I was pleased to hear of your positive experiences at the hotel and rest assured your comments have been passed on to the relevant managers in order to congratulate them on a job well done. As part of our ongoing commitment to Creating Memorable Hotel Experiences we are currently embarking on a multi-million dollar refurbishment scheduled to finish early 2013. The refurbishment will include enhancements to our guestrooms, restaurant, bars and event spaces as well as our PARKROYAL Club Lounge and lobby. The refresh will reflect the individuality of its location and provide a modern, comfortable and supportive guest environment. Also as part of our product upgrade, we will be implementing new pillows, duvets and beds to ensure extra comfort for all of our guests.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future for any of your business or leisure travels.

There are newer reviews for PARKROYAL Darling Harbour Sydney

Reviewed February 2, 2013

Me and my partner stayed here for our last night in Australia. We travelled from Cairns and needed to be back in Sydney ready for our international flight home.

The hotel has a very good location, just a few minutes walk to Darling Harbour and around 15-20 minutes walk to the harbour, sydney bridge and the opera house although I was very dissapointed with the hotel itself. I was not advised of the on going building work on the site. The hotel is a complete building site inside.

I had paid extra for a late check out and I was dissapointed to find that the building work was going on in the room next door to us. It was very loud and we complained twice but nothing was done. I felt good service could of least offered another room further down but nothing was said, not even an apology.

Room was fine. I was dissapointed to find that there is a charge for the wi-fi and bottles of water unless you sign up to their membership which I was not happy with doing as I found the hotel and service dissapointing.

I would not recommend this hotel. I would advise to stay at the Four Points further down the road.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 1, 2013

Overall good and I would stay again, as mentioned in title. So close to the town hall tram stop and not far from George and Elizabeth Streets where the buses run. Room was comfortable and nice view of the Sydney Tower. Linens good. Clean. Quiet inside. Both Chinatown and Darling Harbour are 5 mintue walks. Despite the renovations, the place is a bit lacking in that the structure is still a bit old. A/C was not quite right, TV wasn't much larger than computer monitor, business center consisted of 2 computers without a printer. I needed some work done, though, and the staff was helpful to scan documents and print. I was looking at staying in the Rocks and Quay, and I was glad I stayed here instead.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear PENNsational,

Thank you so much for highlighting our excellent location - PARKROYAL Darling Harbour is definitely in the heart of Sydney.

I was pleased to note that you found our facilities and services excellent, we have an ongoing commitment to Creating Memorable Hotel Experiences for all of our guests.

Once again, I was delighted to hear your feedback, I will make sure that this is communicated to all of our teams.

We do look forward to welcoming you back to PARKROYAL Darling Harbour in the near future.

Reviewed February 1, 2013

We had a great stay on our family vacation despite the ongoing renovations. Spacious double bed room with complimentary wifi and bottled water. Thankfully I read about the rewards programme while reading the reviews here.
Location is my main concern as we travelling with 2 young children. We visited Sydney Wildlife and Sydney Aquarium which are just walking distance. Townhall train station is also nearby and its easy to get around other places just by train.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Dear Ayu46,

Thank you for reviewing your most recent stay with us here at PARKROYAL Darling Harbour.

Firstly, I would like to say that I was delighted to read that you found our location perfect to explore Sydney, we are certainly close to most of Sydney's premier attractions.

I was also pleased to read that you enjoyed the hotel's amenities and that you joined up as a GHA member.

We hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future. Thank you once again for providing your review on TripAdvisor.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

When i looked for a hotel in Sydney, i wanted it to be in the centre, near transports and the most popular attraction(s). i managed to get an excellent deal for ParkRoyal and enjoyed every single bit of it for 3 nights.
The hotel is very strategically placed, at walking distance from Chinatown, the opera, the beautiful gardens, the shopping district, Bondi beach and the central station. A very good transport hub (Town hall) only 5 minutes walk.
The hotel is modern, clean and staffed with very efficient and courteous personnel. Breakfast is good and overall it makes a very good bargain if you want to be in the heart of Sydney. The only negative are the ongoing restaurant refurbishing works that naturally come with some noise (in any case not before 10am), and a noisy room fridge that i had to unplug to sleep. Warmly recommended.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Dear zeno c,

Reviewed January 28, 2013

We had 3 rooms booked here. 2 rooms for families of 4, 1 room for a couple.

The room for the couple was on the "Club" floor (level 8) and had a view over Darling Harbour which turned out to be perfect to view Australia Day fireworks! It also had a view of the freeway but it wasn't at all noisy. This room felt fresh and very modern. Being a Club room, it had no bath in the bathroom.

The other 2 rooms for our group were on level 10 and you could tell they were in need of a little TLC. These rooms were of an average standard but were still suitable for our needs. As we had to accommodate families, these rooms had 2 very comfortable double beds. TV was a little on the small size (compared to the other room on the Club level) and we did not notice an ipod docking clock. Not a big deal for us though. Our rooms were facing towards the city and besides a police siren which we heard in the early hours of the morning, the rooms were rather quiet.

We had a buffet breakfast at Connections, which is only meters from the hotel's entrance as the hotel's restaurant is still under renovations. The breakfast had a great selection and the juice bar and coffee machines were extremely popular. Staff in Connections were very attentive and friendly.

The Parkroyal is a great location. A close walk in to Darling Harbour, China Town and the city centre. If you're driving to the hotel, I recommend using the valet. If you choose to park your car yourself, you need to drive to a parking station on Sussex St.

We found the staff to be very helpful. The rooms for the families were not actually available until 4pm (we had arrived just before 2pm) and reception staff kindly waived the valet parking fees for our troubles.

I'd happily return once renovations have been completed but I would recommend staying in the Club rooms with a view of Darling Harbour!

Room Tip: Pay the extra and book a Club room with a view of Darling Harbour!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Dear RandBMc,

Reviewed January 26, 2013

A nice refurbished room, the hotel is well located for darling harbor with plenty of restaurants to choose from in the area. It's also a close walk to town hall station, china town and George street (QVB) Join the rewards program to get free bottled water and wifi for your stay :)
Very good value for a Sydney hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rohan E

Dear RPKE,

As a new GHA member, I am sure that you will see the added benefits of being with the program that is recognised world-wide.