“Great location, good price, nice staff”

PARKROYAL Darling Harbour Sydney
Ranked #23 of 177 Hotels in Sydney
Adelaide, Australia
“Great location, good price, nice staff”
Reviewed February 1, 2013

Overall good and I would stay again, as mentioned in title. So close to the town hall tram stop and not far from George and Elizabeth Streets where the buses run. Room was comfortable and nice view of the Sydney Tower. Linens good. Clean. Quiet inside. Both Chinatown and Darling Harbour are 5 mintue walks. Despite the renovations, the place is a bit lacking in that the structure is still a bit old. A/C was not quite right, TV wasn't much larger than computer monitor, business center consisted of 2 computers without a printer. I needed some work done, though, and the staff was helpful to scan documents and print. I was looking at staying in the Rocks and Quay, and I was glad I stayed here instead.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Craig B, General Manager at PARKROYAL Darling Harbour Sydney, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Dear PENNsational,

Thank you so much for highlighting our excellent location - PARKROYAL Darling Harbour is definitely in the heart of Sydney.

I was pleased to note that you found our facilities and services excellent, we have an ongoing commitment to Creating Memorable Hotel Experiences for all of our guests.

Once again, I was delighted to hear your feedback, I will make sure that this is communicated to all of our teams.

We do look forward to welcoming you back to PARKROYAL Darling Harbour in the near future.

Craig Bond

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (619)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Singapore
Reviewed February 1, 2013

We had a great stay on our family vacation despite the ongoing renovations. Spacious double bed room with complimentary wifi and bottled water. Thankfully I read about the rewards programme while reading the reviews here.
Location is my main concern as we travelling with 2 young children. We visited Sydney Wildlife and Sydney Aquarium which are just walking distance. Townhall train station is also nearby and its easy to get around other places just by train.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Ayu46,

Thank you for reviewing your most recent stay with us here at PARKROYAL Darling Harbour.

Firstly, I would like to say that I was delighted to read that you found our location perfect to explore Sydney, we are certainly close to most of Sydney's premier attractions.

I was also pleased to read that you enjoyed the hotel's amenities and that you joined up as a GHA member.

We hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future. Thank you once again for providing your review on TripAdvisor.

Beirut, Lebanon
Reviewed January 30, 2013

When i looked for a hotel in Sydney, i wanted it to be in the centre, near transports and the most popular attraction(s). i managed to get an excellent deal for ParkRoyal and enjoyed every single bit of it for 3 nights.
The hotel is very strategically placed, at walking distance from Chinatown, the opera, the beautiful gardens, the shopping district, Bondi beach and the central station. A very good transport hub (Town hall) only 5 minutes walk.
The hotel is modern, clean and staffed with very efficient and courteous personnel. Breakfast is good and overall it makes a very good bargain if you want to be in the heart of Sydney. The only negative are the ongoing restaurant refurbishing works that naturally come with some noise (in any case not before 10am), and a noisy room fridge that i had to unplug to sleep. Warmly recommended.

Dear zeno c,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with the comments and feedback from your most recent stay at the PARKROYAL Darling Harbour. The responses our guests provide us with are an invaluable source of information and allow us to improve our standards and service.

I was pleased to hear of your positive experiences at the hotel and rest assured your comments have been passed on to the relevant managers in order to congratulate them on a job well done. As part of our ongoing commitment to Creating Memorable Hotel Experiences we are currently embarking on a multi-million dollar refurbishment scheduled to finish early 2013. The refurbishment will include enhancements to our guestrooms, restaurant, bars and event spaces as well as our PARKROYAL Club Lounge and lobby. The refresh will reflect the individuality of its location and provide a modern, comfortable and supportive guest environment. Also as part of our product upgrade, we will be implementing new pillows, duvets and beds to ensure extra comfort for all of our guests.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future for any of your business or leisure travels.

Kind Regards,

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed January 28, 2013

We had 3 rooms booked here. 2 rooms for families of 4, 1 room for a couple.

The room for the couple was on the "Club" floor (level 8) and had a view over Darling Harbour which turned out to be perfect to view Australia Day fireworks! It also had a view of the freeway but it wasn't at all noisy. This room felt fresh and very modern. Being a Club room, it had no bath in the bathroom.

The other 2 rooms for our group were on level 10 and you could tell they were in need of a little TLC. These rooms were of an average standard but were still suitable for our needs. As we had to accommodate families, these rooms had 2 very comfortable double beds. TV was a little on the small size (compared to the other room on the Club level) and we did not notice an ipod docking clock. Not a big deal for us though. Our rooms were facing towards the city and besides a police siren which we heard in the early hours of the morning, the rooms were rather quiet.

We had a buffet breakfast at Connections, which is only meters from the hotel's entrance as the hotel's restaurant is still under renovations. The breakfast had a great selection and the juice bar and coffee machines were extremely popular. Staff in Connections were very attentive and friendly.

The Parkroyal is a great location. A close walk in to Darling Harbour, China Town and the city centre. If you're driving to the hotel, I recommend using the valet. If you choose to park your car yourself, you need to drive to a parking station on Sussex St.

We found the staff to be very helpful. The rooms for the families were not actually available until 4pm (we had arrived just before 2pm) and reception staff kindly waived the valet parking fees for our troubles.

I'd happily return once renovations have been completed but I would recommend staying in the Club rooms with a view of Darling Harbour!

Room Tip: Pay the extra and book a Club room with a view of Darling Harbour!
Dear RandBMc,

Kind Regards,

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed January 26, 2013

A nice refurbished room, the hotel is well located for darling harbor with plenty of restaurants to choose from in the area. It's also a close walk to town hall station, china town and George street (QVB) Join the rewards program to get free bottled water and wifi for your stay :)
Very good value for a Sydney hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Rohan E
Dear RPKE,

As a new GHA member, I am sure that you will see the added benefits of being with the program that is recognised world-wide.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Park Royal Darling Harbour has been fully refurbished and so it looks really nice inside and much more upmarket than you would expect from the outside which still looks very 50's old and tired. And if you are really, really keen on being close to Darling Harbour, then the location might work for you, but be aware that you won't actually see Darling Harbour but just a motorway bridge. Staff is nice and the breakfast buffet included in the price is great as well. So far the positive things.

The hotel has three minuses:
a) very close to freeway so if you are one of the unlucky ones facing east you will hear trucks and cars. The sound is muffled but you can still hear it quite clearly.
b) the hotel has many interconnecting rooms. So if you happen to have one of those (the chance is high) and if you happen to have a loud, talkative, very social and nocturnal neighbour as we did, then you might be in for a tough night.
c) the last one is not a big one. The hotel doesn't have a pool. Not a big deal, but would still be nice if it did.

Room Tip: Ask to face the west so you won't face the freeway and ask to avoid a room with a interconnectin...
1 Thank Heather_12345678
Dear Heather_12345678,

I was saddened to see that you weren't happy with our location though. I believe that the PARKROYAL Darling Harbour is well positioned within the Sydney CBD and close to Sydney's premier attractions. We are also in close proximity to some of the city's finest dining establishments, offering a smorgasboard when it comes to cuisine and transport is also on our doorstep.

I was pleased to read that you approve of our refurbishment, which is expected to be completed by the end of Febuary 2013. The refurbishment has included enhancements to our guestrooms, restaurant, bars and event spaces as well as our PARKROYAL Club Lounge and lobby.

Again, thankyou for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. I do hope that we will see you again at the PARKROYAL Darling Harbour sometime soon.

Kind Regards

sydney
Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

Hi looking forward to a lovely night in a city hotel after a hard day at work and the rest of the family walking around the city all day. A hot bath and glass of wine to watch the fireworks I was so looking forward to. I went on online to check out the views and best deals to make very one get what they wanted.as I checked in the room smaller than I expected but nice but No bath enough room for one but quite shocked not having on. You see we have no bath tub at home and there is nothing like a hot bath and a glass for wine to de- stress after a hard day. I did go and ask if I could change rooms as its it was one my list as a the high light of my stay. The hotel was full it was far too late to start at 4 pm looking for another hotel on a sat night. I know the rooms are for quote business men but family's also use the rooms, I'm sure if you made it known that baths are not in the room it would be a lot more help ful as we would have found some were else. Also the the fact I had tried to call the hotel on a number of times to ask questions about the parking and what the hotel aminaties but I got people from another country which is none to help full if there in a different country.....lovely view of the fireworks but sad about room

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear kslena,

I was sorry to hear that you were allocated a room without a bath. I understand that our staff worked quickly to try and accomodate you elsewhere.

I also apologise that you experienced difficulties in trying to contact the hotel. I have relayed your comments onto the relevant manager and have requested that they review their customer service procedures to ensure we don't miss any important calls in the future.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to write an online review. I sincerely hope that we can accommodate you in the future here PARKROYAL Darling Harbour.

Best Regards