“Excellent stay, professional and friendly staff.”

PARKROYAL Darling Harbour Sydney
Ranked #28 of 179 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed December 24, 2012

We weren't expecting anything when we chose to stay in this hotel. But since we are a member of GHA discovery, my wife and I thought we'll give this hotel a try. It turned out it's the best decision that we made.

The hotel kindly upgrade our room to Club Suite, with access to its Club Lounge, with great canapes and breakfast selection. The room was big and equipped with comfortable big bed and big bathroom with big shower head. We also requested an early check in and late check out on our booking which the hotel happily to honor that.

From check-in until check-out all the staffs have been very friendly and professional. On one occasion, we would like to change the channel in our TV to HDMI, but the remote in our room didn't give us the option to do that. James from concierge happily assisted us by changing it using the master control. Thank you for the personalised service James.

The location of the hotel is very convenient. It only took us 10 - 15 mins to go to QVB, Westfield, Chinatown, Darling Harbour and many yummy restaurant around the area.

Overall, it's really a relaxing and memorable stay in this hotel. If we come back to Sydney, we'll give this hotel a second visit. Thank you ParkRoyal Darling Harbour.

Room Tip: Room that facing Darling Harbour has great view. We lucky enough to be able to see fireworks lit up...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed December 22, 2012

Stayed 2 nights at the ParkRoyal Darling Harbour and was originally booked into a standard double room but was upgraded to a Club room when we experienced some problems with the air-conditioning. We received excellent service from the hotel staff throughout; they were very accommodating and thoughtful and made us feel really welcome. I had requested for a room with a harbour view so that we could see the Darling Harbour fireworks and it turned out to be quite splendid as we got amazing views of the entire display! The rooms were tastefully furnished although I did feel that the Club rooms seemed a tad less spacious than the standard rooms because of the additional fittings and its layout. Having 2 highly active young children in tow, I would actually have preferred the space afforded in the standard rooms. We also found that housekeeping had not been very thorough and had left some crumbs behind from a previous occupant, but nothing a simple call to the hotel staff couldn't solve. We liked the hotel for its location as it was a short walking distance away from Darling Harbour, the subway station, the QVB shopping mall and numerous eateries. Very convenient indeed! All in all, a very pleasant stay!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 22, 2012

A friend and I had three nights here in a Superior Twin Room. Room was clean and very spacious and beds were comfortable. The staff were friendly and helpful.

Would highly recommend this hotel for its location - close to everything - but also because the staff were always cheerful (even the cleaner) and the rooms and hotel itself were immaculate.

Loved staying at the ParkRoyal, Darling Harbour.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 21, 2012

Our actual stay at this hotel was fine. The bed was comfy, the room was clean and it was in a great location.

I wish I could say the same about our arrival!!! My friend and I had just flown in from London on a 23 hour flight. We arrived at the hotel about 9am and were told our room was not ready. When I asked when it would be ready we were told 3pm. I explained we had been on a long haul flight and very jet lagged. I wanted a shower, a change and we were in a city we did not know our way around - yet. All we got were shrugged shoulders and not even an apology. In fact his response was "it's not our fault we're full'. To say I was pissed off was an understatement.

When we resigned to the fact we had to wait I asked what there was to do in Sydney. We were told to speak to the concierge who was "more than happy to help" - when we went to the next desk we were given a map of the city and told to "follow it". Cheers for the mighty fine help there!

Then to top it off when we did go back to the hotel at 3pm our room was not ready and had to wait in the busy reception (with very limited seating) for 45 minutes!

I reckon hostels give their guests a better welcome than what we got!

Room Tip: Don't have the breakfast. Really overpriced!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 19, 2012

Have stayed here before and always been happy with everything.
The hotel is undergoing renovations at present.
I was upgraded to a superior king room with harbour views, including breakfast for 2, for $169 per night.
I have stayed at several other hotels in Sydney and feel that the Parkroyal represents great value.
The rooms have been refurbished and are large and very comfortable.
I have no hesitation in recommending this hotel as a great place to stay.
The location is walking distance to Pitt Street and Darling Harbour.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 14, 2012

I recently stayed at the new renovated PARKROYAL Darling Harbour. I elected to book an Executive Club room. The room was excellent but the real highlight was the Club Lounge. The food offering in the Club Lounge was outstanding. Not just your normal limited breakfast and a few nuts and Canapés in the evening. The breakfast offering was very extensive, with the added option of ordering freshly made "eggs" plus at night the selection of food was more like a light meal offering rather than canapés. Yes the hotel is still under final stage of renovations but dont let this put you off as all the major work has been done. In fact the new lobby was unveiled during my stay and looks terrific. This is not the hotel is used to be. If you going to Sydney I would recommend this hotel and if you can afford it go for a Club Room it make for a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank msks2882
Reviewed December 11, 2012

We booked directly with the hotel quite a few months ago for an overnight stay in December.
Never, Never again will I stay in this hotel.
I rang to confirm the booking on the Friday prior to our arrival as the room had been already charged to my credit card and was told that there was no booking - after a frantic search of my diary notes located a confirmation and amazily the room was booked! It gets worse.

We had asked for a midday checkin as we were flying from interstate. On arrival we were told to go for a walk as the room was not ready and we could not book in, there is no coffee shop open in the hotel and there is inadequate seating in the foyer as they are refurbishing. The front reception area was congested and staff look bewildered and did not want to help, a cleaner was polishing the counter as all the guests stood around waiting for help!!!
After two hours we could still not get into our room and when I said we needed to change to go out, the staff shrugged their shoulders and advised that we had to wait for housekeeping. We eventually got into the room at 2.45pm!!!
The room was basic and the bed had not been made correctly - little things but at $250 you would expect better!!!
The next morning, checkout was midday, on three occasions starting at approx 8am housekeeping knocked on the door asking us to checkout!!! We checked out at 11am, very unsatisfied and will never return to this hotel.
Ther management of this establishment need to stay in their own hotel and see what it is like for guests.

Room Tip: Close to Darling Harbour
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple