“Clean, Comfortable, Convenient. Would come back!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Victoria Court Hotel Sydney

Victoria Court Hotel Sydney
Ranked #13 of 64 Sydney B&B and Inns
Appleton, WI
“Clean, Comfortable, Convenient. Would come back!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

Booked by the big H.com, this was a last minute booking. I arrived very early on my check-in date. I was accommodated which was very nice after a 24 hour travel day. The room was small for my taste... (I'm from the Midwest... everything is bigger here!) but was clean and very comfortable. The bathroom was also small, but not too small to be uncomfortable or inconvenient. When you arrive, you have to buzz in to be let in.. keeps the riff raff out. You walk down a hallway to the reception desk, where you check in and be given a key to your room and the outside door. I was in a room on the lower level, which was a walk through the breakfast room/conservatory and around the corner.

Thankfully, because I was an early riser due to jetlag, I wasn't disturbed because of the breakfast noise. Even when I was in my room during breakfast, it wasn't enough to wake me. During my stay, I had the same gentlemen as my host which was nice.

Anyway, bullet points: Good location in Kings Cross/Potts Point/NSW. Great room (abit small), good breakfast, friendly staff. I would come back in a heartbeat. Thanks Sir... I mean Chris~!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank starblazr

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Potts Point
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

I think there was the king-size bed in the double room. It was very comfortable. Staffs ware very kindness. I had to go out earlier than breakfast. However the staff provided breakfast for me in early morning. Thank you very much.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Canberra, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

I've stayed in many hotels in the area on business over the last few years but Victoria Court is the one I come back to the most.
I does so remind me of Fawlty Towers; just the building, not the experience. The staff have always been delightful (to the point where I even bothered to email the management to compliment them on it). The rooms are lovely. Not opulent but more than adequate. Comfortable, so quiet and clean. There is handy and secure parking on site. Great restaurants literally steps from the door. Close to everything but just far enough out of the bustle to be quiet and homely.
If I was trying to impress my partner, Id be off to somewhere like QT, Medusa or Simpsons.
But traveling alone, Victoria court has everything I need in a great location with consistent comfort, quality and friendly, attentive hosts.
Highly recommended.

Room Tip: You will need to book parking before you arrive. Better yet, leave your car at home, you wont need i...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Badwolf3
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

My family and I (3 rooms in total) stayed here over the past few days and enjoyed it very much. From the overall cleanliness to the friendly service and the lovely continental breakfast, we enjoyed it all. A very quiet hotel. One negative was no bar fridge in the room, they could do with a small bar fridge. Would recommend it to anyone visiting Sydney. Thank you Rudi for your professionalism and caring manner.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

This is a delightful B & B and the owners are amazing. The pictures on the website certainly do not do it justice. It's a couple of notches above a B & B, well, I can't say enough about it. We stayed for 1 week in Sydney. It's in a great location and easily accessible to transportation. The breakfasts are delightful, especially the freshly baked croissants! If I ever go back to Sydney again (and one day, I hope to) there is no doubt I would want to stay here again. Their website is pathetic -- needs a serious update and a tab with the pictures of the interior and rooms. Isn't that the most important things? And use a wide-angle lens.

Room Tip: Our room overlooked the courtyard where breakfast was served, so it was very quiet except for a few...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Katoomba
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2013

We were very pleasantly surprised at the value for money. Warmly welcomed, everything laid on without a hitch. And very quiet. Considering the number of backpacker hostels in the area, one would expect some noise from outside. But we had complete silence in our very comfortable room. Great spot to get to know Sydney without being in the actual CBD.

Room Tip: Our room at the back was comletely silent.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank RashidbinMostafa
Canberra, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

My wife and I have stayed many times at this hotel over the past few years, and we strongly recommend it to visitors. Location is good: about 20 minutes' walk to the NSW Art Gallery and around 30 minutes' walk to the CBD, a lovely meander that take you around Garden Island and through the Domain (or the Botanical Gardens, even better). It is in Potts Point, which boasts a lot of restaurants and cafes; it's a much better place to stay than the centre of Sydney's CBD, which tends to be a bit dead after dark. The fleshpots of Kings Cross are only a few hundred metres away, yet the hotel is very quiet . The rooms are variable in size, all nice and clean; the bathrooms are tiny but perfectly adequate. No bar fridge, unfortunately. Breakfast is continental and quite reasonable. Two of the staff have been there for years; they are very helpful and nice, so it's like visiting old friends. (I once made a booking error and they went out of their way to fix it.) Onsite parking is available, although it's a tight squeeze; spaces are limited, so reserve a park early.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple