“horrific choice”

Vibe Hotel Rushcutters Bay Sydney
Ranked #72 of 186 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed December 3, 2013

From Check in to Check out this hotel was a horrific experience. Staff are ignorant. House keeping is poor. Bar is below today's standards. Management are the ruination of the experience.The picture of the pool on the website does not reflect the actual size. Rubbish bins not emptied. Noise from the hallways at night/ smell of stale beer / parties into the middle of the night. All in all, do not stay at this hotel

Room Tip: do not stay here
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank daisybuckl
Kristina D, Manager at Vibe Hotel Rushcutters Bay Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2013

Dear daisybuckl,

Thank you for your feedback regarding Vibe Rushcutters, we do appreciate your time and feedback.

I am sorry your stay was disappointing and does not reflect on our usual high standards. I would like to discuss your stay further and find out some more information so please contact me directly on (02) 8353 8988 or kdundovic@vibehotels.com.au to discuss your stay. I look forward to hearing from you.

Kristina Dundovic

Write a ReviewReviews (2,262)

Reviewed December 1, 2013

Check in was a little slow and I don't know if he was a trainee or not but two people were checked in next to us while we were still being checked in! I will always forgive someone if they're new but he didn't have a badge stating this so check in was a bad first experience. Upon entering level 2 where our room was, music was literally filling the hallway from a room and it seemed there was a party going on - although the housekeeping people around did not seem to mind and were saying hello to us. As well as this the hall stunk of stale alcohol and body odour - from the room mentioned. I must say the only thing that made me give this hotel 2 stars is that the beds are comfortable and the roof top pool. Housekeeping does need to keep an eye on pool though as there was rubbish everywhere! Other than that room was small and basic and from the arrival impressions this hotel was not worth the $300 we paid for one night!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Kristina D, Manager at Vibe Hotel Rushcutters Bay Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

Dear Matt W,

I would like to discuss your stay further so please contact me directly on (02) 8353 8988 or kdundovic@vibehotels.com.au to discuss your stay. I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

Hi, Just returned from a three night stay. DO NOT STAY HERE IF YOU HAVE CHILDREN WITH YOU or you like to go to bed before 11pm. The hotel is very noisy at night - there were lots of inconsiderate tour groups arriving at all hours of the night and the most disappointing evening was on Saturday where the hotel was holding a function with a live band! We were on the second floor and it was like the band was in your room. There is no sound proofing and although the Hotel Reception staff said they would ask the band to turn it down at 10pm they carried on at the same level until 11pm. We had to be up at 5 am for an early flight so it was very frustrating for me and my 11 year old daughter.

There were also lots of teenage groups coming back in the early hours of the morning - drunk and shouting down the hall ways.

In terms of amenities - the pool was nice and the gym was ok. The breakfast was average and the reception staff were average. Overall this was like a low 3 star hotel. Not great for families and too close to Kings Cross.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a garden view
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Slater74

Dear Slater74,

Reviewed November 25, 2013

Left out the front for 20 mins no assistance in parking the car or even being shown where to put it - they charge you extra to park it!
Room was being dehumidified they told us whilst hastily removing some equipment. In fact I would say it should have been professionally cleaned and no one should have been given the room. It smelled like a wild party had gone on and they had checked booze everywhere. It was the lying about it that peed me off more than anything.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Paul19781
Kristina D, Manager at Vibe Hotel Rushcutters Bay Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2013

Dear Paul19781,

Thank you for your post regarding Vibe Rushcutters, we do appreciate your time.

I am sorry to hear that your stay was disappointing and would like to discuss this further with you so I can get clarification on the points you have raised. Please contact me directly on (02) 8353 8988, I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed November 24, 2013

This place was great. Spent four days with my new wife in this hotel. The staff was friendly. My only compliant was the price of food in the restaurant. $30 for breakfast buffet is a little pricy. The food was no different in food from a free hot breakfast in hotels back in the states. Lucky We found an awesome cafe a block down the street called Bay 88 with great breakfast and coffee, we spent $20 for both of us. The location of the hotel is a little far from downtown so bring cab money.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jason B

Dear Jason B,

Thank you for your feedback regarding Vibe Rushcutters, we do appreciate your time and will share your suggestions with our team.

If you would like to discuss this further please contact me directly on (02) 8353 8988 to discuss your stay. I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed November 21, 2013

We spent three nights at the hotel.
Surprise : Internet access is highly charged ! 12,50 $ an hour !!! For a hotel of this type and the relatively high rates this is a scandal.
The staff is "clinical". Neither generous in smiles nor in information.
Tea and coffee bags in the room are only provided the first day, never refilled. Neither are soaps, shower cap (one for all, once).
Good point : the roof top pool is great and the view over Rushcutter's bay is awesome.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Karin T

Dear Karin T,

Thank you for your post regarding Vibe Rushcutters, we do appreciate your time and valuable feedback and it means a lot to the team to get your suggestions.

I am sorry to hear that your stay was disappointing and would like to discuss this further with you. Please contact me directly on (02) 8353 8988.

Reviewed November 14, 2013

The Vibe in Rushcutters is well located and generally, I enjoyed my stay. The staff are friendly and helpful and are well trained and eager to please. The room was clean and perfectly suitable. Dinner in the restaurant was tasty and enjoyable. However, breakfast was terrible. At 8am in the morning, there wasn't even one clean table. All the tables were left with the previous diner's dirty plates, with nobody available or willing to clean them up and re-set the table. The eggs were tasteless (lots of water added???), there was a poor choice of cereals, and the fruit was either over ripe (watermelon) or raw (melon). It seemed to me that they were hopelessly understaffed and the food quality showed a distinct intent on cost cutting. This breakfast "experience" was not only felt by me as I heard 2 other parties complaining. Such a pity that this marred an otherwise great stay

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank howards2010
Kristina D, Manager at Vibe Hotel Rushcutters Bay Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2013

Dear howards2010,

Thank you for taking your time to comment about Vibe Rushcutters. We are thrilled you had a great stay and dinner meal.

I am sorry to hear that we did not follow through with our service in all aspects for breakfast and I will be sure to share your comments with our team, I do apologize for this. If you would like to discuss further, please do not hesitate to contact me directly and thank you once again for your time.