“Not enough positive adjectives to use for this excellent hotel!”

Vibe Hotel Rushcutters Bay Sydney
Ranked #71 of 186 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

There is not much that you can fault when it comes to this Vibe hotel. Below are a few of the many highlights.

Location is unbeatable. Heart of Sydney yet right near a beach at the same time. It is beautiful and easy to find.

Rooms were great for what we were paying, and I had no complaints whatsoever. Nothing is better than a clean, spacious, functioning room when you just want to wind down.

Finally, and most important to me, is the terrific service. Front reception was everything they needed to be to produce 5 star service. It is people like them that make your stay most memorable.

I definitely recommend this hotel to all, whether it be for business or leisure, without any hesitation.

p.s do not leave without dining in at Curve Restaurant! Best Club Sandwich I have had in quite some time.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank JewelsD14
Kristina D, Manager at Vibe Hotel Rushcutters Bay Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

Dear JewelsD14,

Thank you for your review we appreciate your time and feedback and I will be sure to pass your comments onto the team. We pride ourselves in great customer service so I am happy to hear about your stay.

I love the Clubs at Curve also…next time you are in I recommend the Pork Belly Crackling, definitely a dish to remember.

We are glad your enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel so if you would like to book direct next time, feel free to contact me directly on (02) 8353 8988.

Kristina Dundovic

Write a ReviewReviews (2,263)

Reviewed September 11, 2013

I stayed at Vibe rushcutters during a business trip to SYD. Not a lot to write home about the hotel. Its at a decent location, although only a few restaurants nearby I must say. Its pretty close to circular quay and harbor bridge (20 bucks one way by taxi). The rooftop pool is great, breakfast is decent. No wifi or breakfast is included in the room tariff so be prepared to pay for that.

There is a nice park right next to the hotel opening into rushcutters bay. Perfect a quiet walk after a hectic day.

The hotel rooms are spacious for one person, but are not the best when it comes to being 'noise-proof'. All in all, a decent stay but I definitely would be looking at a different hotel for my next visit to Sydney.

Room Tip: All the same, more or less.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank FindingNeverland
Kristina D, Manager at Vibe Hotel Rushcutters Bay Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2013

Dear FindingNeverland,

Thank you for your time and valuable feedback regarding Vibe Rushcutters, it is very useful and we do appreciate this, I will be sure to share your comments with the Vibe team.

Please contact me directly on (02) 8353 8988 if you wish discuss your stay further, I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed September 10, 2013

The rooms were tidy and clean. Beautiful location, close enough to the city without being hectic. The buffet breakfast was lovely with lots of variety. All in all a good hotel. My one criticism of this property was the service. The staff were all nice enough, but I didn't deal with one staff member who knew there stuff (even knowing what time breakfast was served, or pointing us to the lift on arrival). I got the impression this was quite a corporate, professional type hotel but there was no corporate or professional service. It just didn't have that friendly, business edge I expected. If I were manager here, I would be seriously concentrating on training and team building to bring the service up to where it should be.

Room Tip: Book breakfast the night before to save $10 pp.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear wellwishes,

Thank you for your post regarding Vibe Rushcutters, we do appreciate your time and feedback.

We pride ourselves in excellent customer service and I am sorry to hear that your stay was disappointing and would like to discuss this further with you. Please contact me directly on (02) 8353 8988. I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

Every category you could use to describe a hotel, the Vibe would be rated right around the middle.
It can be a lot less expensive than a lot of hotels right on top of Circular Quay, but if you're like me, and don't take taxis, or even other public transportation unless you're crossing water or 5 miles, put on some good shoes because it's hilly coming and going.
Staff were very helpful, particularly when I had questions we both had to look to turn to an internet search and a map for. Would I go out of my way to stay there again? Probably not.

Room Tip: In good weather the rooftop pool is worth checking out.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Dear NYCulinaryGoddess,

Thank you for your feedback regarding Vibe Rushcutters, we do appreciate your time.

If you would like to discuss this further please contact me directly on (02) 8353 8988 to discuss your stay. I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Vibe is part of a chain, so you know what to expect beforehand.

Interesting features of this hotel include a nice rooftop pool and gym, a lovely breakfast room overlooking the park and a good selection for their daily breakfast. The latter is expensive to purchase but we got a deal with it included - but do remember to get a coupon from reception when you check in, as it won't necessarily be offered automatically.

The hotel is midway between two train stations in a dip between the two hills the stations are located on. Just bear this in mind if you are lugging a suitcase to or from the station.

Kings Cross is nearby, and we walked into Bondi during our stay. Vibe is within striking distance of many places you might like to go, and is a clean and comfortable place to rest your head in the evenings.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Kristina D, Manager at Vibe Hotel Rushcutters Bay Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Dear Rubycles,

Thank you for taking your time to post feedback about Vibe Rushcutters. We are pleased you had a great stay and appreciate your feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Vibe Rushcutters and feel free to contact me directly at the hotel for your next booking with us, I would be more than happy to assist you.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

I stayed here as did two of my colleagues, in seperate rooms and yet we all woke with a similar story in the morning. We could hear everything from around the hotel, therefore we all had a really bad nights sleep. I was woken by someone else's wake up call and could hear every person swiping into their rooms. I could not go back to sleep as I became aware of every card swiping and everyone's talking from in the halls and going in and out of their rooms.
Breakfast in the morning was alright. I expected mushrooms on the buffet as they are on the menu. Also, the menu said muesli, which also was not on the buffet. ( and its not a cheap buffet either). It is however cheaper to book your breakfast at checkin rather than wait until the morning. My colleagues wanted a flat white from the buffet but the coffee machine does not do flat whites or cappuccinos, which is absurd. They were told to purchase that seperately if they wanted one...
Wifi in the rooms is $25 for 24hrs.
There is a bus nearby to take you into the heart of the city, for $2.20.
The bed covering was too thin and light for me, and I went looking for extra blankets to no avail.
The company I work for has a discount for most of the added extras that I only found out about on my return. I was dissapointed that the staff did not mention this to me as they were aware of the company I work for.
Knowing what I know now, if I had to stay there again, I would take ear plugs and go out for breakfast. And ask for an extra blanket on my arrival.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from other visitors if it is not too busy.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank ozeire

Dear ozeire,

Thank you for your feedback regarding Vibe Rushcutters, it is very useful and we do appreciate your time, I will be sure to share your comments with the Vibe team.

Please contact me directly on (02) 8353 8988 so that we can discuss your stay further, I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

We spent two nights here last weekend and found the hotel had everything we need. Rooms were very comfortable and well appointed. The gym had lots of equipment, all in good working order with a great view out over the pool to the Sydney skyline. The breakfasts were very tasty and the meal we had in Curve Restaurant on Friday night was delicious - just make sure they apply the 25% discount if you finish your meal before 7pm. Location was also very handy - a short walk up the hill to Kings Cross Station soon had us in Circular Quay and Darling Harbour.

Room Tip: The rooms at the south end of the hotel had a better view of the park lands.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Kristina D, Manager at Vibe Hotel Rushcutters Bay Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

Dear KittyKatch,

Thank you for taking your time to post feedback about Vibe Rushcutters. We are pleased you had a great stay.