“Great stay”

Vibe Hotel Rushcutters Bay Sydney
Ranked #71 of 186 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at the vibe as part of a friends 30th birthday party. Got a fantastic price for a Saturday night in the city. The room was small but clean and had every you could need, the bed was comfortable and the shower was hot. Was lucky enough to get a room with a view(my friends room at a view of the building next door).
The staff were excellent organised a free late checkout when they saw us return to our rooms at 2:30am. I didn't need it I was up at 7:00 am for a swim in the roof top pool (it is heated, but 7am middle of winter still is a bit chilli when you get out).
Buffett breakfast was good, But will cost you $30, so if you can get it as part of a package works out cheaper.

• Stayed: June 2013
Kristina D, Manager at Vibe Hotel Rushcutters Bay Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2013

Dear Daniel P,

Thank you for your review we appreciate your time and feedback and was great to hear you enjoyed your stay, even the chilly rooftop pool we love.

Kristina Dundovic

Write a ReviewReviews (2,263)

Reviewed June 28, 2013

Spent an extended long weekend at Vibe a few weeks back and it was great. The front desk staff were friendly and helpful. We had the buffet breakfast each morning which was well worth the price (with the discount offered at check in). The roof top pool had a great view, sadly it was raining so we didn't go for a swim. Great location just a walking distance from many places including the CBD. On our last morning it was nice and sunny and we went for a walk through the park and around and around the bay, it was so nice and relaxing the views from the water are just superb. We will be returning soon!

Room Tip: If you pre buy your breakfast you save $10 per breakfast.

Dear Joshua M,

Thank you for your review we appreciate your time and feedback and was great to hear you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for one night over a weekend. It's about a 10 minute walk from the Kings Cross station (downhill on the way there but uphill coming back). My flight arrived at 9.00 in the morning but when I went to check in, they made a room available for me immediately which was fantastic. The room was spotlessly clean, it was modern and I didn't notice any surrounding noise from other rooms or outside. The only minor glitch was on the day I checked out, the elevators weren't working which meant a walk down the stairs from the 6th floor, where I was staying. That aside, I was happy with my stay, it was cheaper than most options closer to the CBD and I'll certainly consider it on a return trip to Sydney.
Also there are loads of cafes and eateries close to Kings Cross as well as a Coles Supermarket adjacent to the station.

• Stayed: June 2013
Kristina D, Manager at Vibe Hotel Rushcutters Bay Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2013

Dear Chris H,

Thank you for your review we appreciate your time and feedback.

I am glad you enjoyed your stay and we do apologies for the lifts, if you would like to discuss this please contact me directly. We look forward to welcoming you back to Vibe Rushcutters and you can contact me directly to book again if you like. Look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

This is my favorite place to stay in Sydney! Usually you will get a reasonable rate at lastminute.com and then you can enjoy the stylish rooms at a prime location in Rushcutter's Bay. The saltwater rooftop pool is just awesome, the service is absolutely great, the breakfast fantastic. All rooms have sound-proof windows. Highly recommend!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Dear cheftrainer,

Thank you for your review we appreciate your time and feedback.

We pride ourselves in good customer service so it is a pleasure to hear you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back to Vibe Rushcutters and you can contact me directly to book again if you like. Look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

After a long night travelling on the road from Melbourne we checked into the vibe at around 3am in the morning. The staff on duty were helpful and happy to accommodate us. We were given a king attached room which was perfect, the only downside were the pillows, way to soft, I gather there would of been a pillow menu but I just wanted to sleep. parking wasn't a problem did come at a cost but who cares. We checked out at 9am after a short sleep. Did leave some clothes there which i was able to retrieve from staff on the Saturday night. so thank you. would recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Kristina D, Manager at Vibe Hotel Rushcutters Bay Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2013

Dear kateandkenny,

Thank you for your review we appreciate your time and feedback.

We pride ourselves in good customer service so it is a pleasure to hear you enjoyed your stay, even though it was a short one. We look forward to welcoming you back to Vibe Rushcutters, maybe a little longer next time and feel free to contact me directly to book again if you like.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

We are semi regular visitors to the cross but since the Oakford Apartments closed about 15 years ago we have struggled to find good accommodation. We had only a single night that we booked online as a mystery booking and found the hotel to be delightful.

Our room faced onto the the main street (could have been a lot worse as some rooms face the adjacent building (Apartments) or better for the rooms that overlook the park). We are happy with street view as we enjoy just watching the general hustle and bustle around us. (you can see we are from the country)

Lodgings were clean with a comfy king bed which is why we booked. We had no issues with noise from adjacent rooms. Maybe I drunk too much red wine with dinner or the rooms were empty.

Happy hour in the bar is great value for this part of the world.The Cross is a fair walk up the hill but there is enough going on during the walk to keep you entertained.

Our only blot occurred when checking out. There were a Qantas crew checking in (probably international coming off a night flight). There were 13 or 14 odd crew and only one person at reception. (there was another but she was only looking at a computer screen). It was taking an eternity to process these bookings (not helped at all by the Qantas staff who were clowning around, not paying attention and generally causing the whole thing to drag out). After 10 minutes I went and made a cup of tea in the dining area, come back and finished it, then as I could not wait any longer handed the keys to reception and said I had to go and to ring me to finalize.

No one rang but the correct amount was debited to my credit card so you can't ask for any more than that. I would have rated the stay 5 stars if it was not for this issue when checking out.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Peter W
Kristina D, Manager at Vibe Hotel Rushcutters Bay Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2013

Dear Peter W,

Thank you for your review we appreciate your time and feedback.

It is a pleasure to hear you enjoyed your stay and I also apologise for the delay on check out. Please contact me directly on kdundovic@vibehotels.com.au so that I may set up your profile to receive express check out forms when you stay with us next time.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Vibe Rushcutters and you can contact me directly to book again next time. Look forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed June 2, 2013

My husband suggested staying here ages ago on one of our many trips to Sydney and I also said ' oh no, I like it where we normally stay ", but this time we couldn't get in to where we normally stay and we stayed at the Vibe.
Dear I wish I had listened to him before........
This place is exactly what you need on a trip. Efficient, central, clean, well run, comfortable, relaxing and whatever else you would like to ad.
Beds very comfortable, tea and coffee and well stocked mini bar, overnight parking if you need alathough taxis are whizzing past all the time. There is the Rushcutter's Bay park just a few steps away with a lovely eatery, full of mums and prams and dogs playing and water and fresh air and boats.
The staff are very helpful and respectful and efficient catering to all your needs politely and quickly.
I don;t think I need to ad that I think our old place might be a dim memory soon....

Room Tip: The room sizes do vary but just say whether you need a large one and I'm sure they will give you...

Dear Ruby Australia,

Thank you for your lovely review we appreciate your time and feedback.

We pride ourselves in good customer service so it is a pleasure to hear you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back to Vibe Rushcutters as your new regular hotel and you can contact me directly to book again next time. Look forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards,