“Tired and lacking service”

Vibe Hotel Rushcutters Bay Sydney
Ranked #72 of 181 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed May 23, 2013

The room sizes vary greatly and some are extremely small. The whole place needs n upgrade, pretty tired and average. The staff obviously feel this as well, service is lacking and they don't seem to care. The only thing this place has going for it is the location.... But not sure it stay again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Kristina D, Manager at Vibe Hotel Rushcutters Bay Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2013

Dear DCsyd,

Thank you for your feedback regarding Vibe Rushcutters, we do appreciate your time.

I am sorry to hear that your stay was not great in some areas and would like to discuss this further with you. Please contact me directly to discuss your stay. I look forward to hearing from you.

Kristina Dundovic

Write a ReviewReviews (2,229)

Reviewed May 22, 2013 via mobile

Hotel is very noisy especially with the large tour groups that seem to stay there, doors slamming and people in corridors carrying on not to mention being able to hear through the walls.

Location isn't the best especially at night time when Kings Cross (10-15 min walk in the dark) is your only option. During the day Westfield Bondi Junction is on a train stop away.

Staff are nice enough.

Don't stay at this hotel if you want decent sleep (paper think quilt) or to be near the action (other than Kings Cross). It seems to be a hotel that all the undesireables come to for their night out on the town. Not a corporate hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Aussieflyers

Dear Aussieflyers,

Reviewed May 13, 2013

We had a great stay at the Vibe Rushcutters Bay. We had Park view King rooms and they were a great size. Love the view and the location. Love the front desk staff - very helpful. Beds were firm and pillows not overstuffed - just the way I like them. It was very quiet but I suspect that was because our neighbours were quiet - not because the wall insulation was all that great. Bath was deep and showers were great. The pool area on top of the hotel had a fabulous view too - what a great way to while a way an evening.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Kristina D, Manager at Vibe Hotel Rushcutters Bay Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

Dear 31Daria,

Thank you for your review we appreciate your time and feedback.

We pride ourselves in good customer service so it is a pleasure to hear you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back to Vibe Rushcutters and you can contact me directly to book again if you like. Look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

The accommodation is very comfortable and great hospitality by Vibe's staffs. Rooms are beautiful(the refurbished ones), bath room is normal. Great view by the rooftop swimming pool and well equipped gym. The Curve restaurant looks classy and a little pricey. Morning run is perfect at the park beside the hotel. 10 minutes walk to King Cross Station and various supermarkets. Complimentary Wifi is limited to 30 minutes per 24 hours in the lobby and don't ever pay for the room's costly wifi.

This hotel is good for a quiet surrrounding and being accessible to nightlife and conveniently located nearby the King Cross station. It may be bad as it is not located directly in the city and you have to walk a couple of steep slopes to the supermarkets.

Overall, enjoyed my stay!

Room Tip: Rooms that has a park view because morning view is awesome!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Kristina D, Manager at Vibe Hotel Rushcutters Bay Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Dear haesecneret,

Thank you for taking your time to comment about Vibe Rushcutters, we appreciate your feedback and I will be sure to share with the Vibe team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Vibe Rushcutters and feel free to contact me directly at the hotel for your next booking with us, I would be more than happy to assist you.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

Our first visit a month ago was okay but nothing to recommend it other than location. Our second visit ( once again chosen for location) was painful. The room was even smaller than the first visit, I referred to it as half the size of a postage stamp. There must be very little insulation in the building as noise was a constant problem. The beds are badly joined to form a king and need a topper to provide "some" comfort. The location is the only plus for us however even this will not be enough for us to return next time.

Room Tip: go to another motel
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DubboNSWAustralia

Dear DubboNSWAustralia,

Thank you for your feedback regarding Vibe Rushcutters, it is very useful and we do appreciate your time, I will be sure to share your comments with the Vibe team.

Please contact me directly on (02) 8353 8988 so that we can discuss your stay further, I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

If you don't want to stay in the middle of Sydney this hotel is a bit of a walk from Kings Cross Station. The room was good and it looks like the place was refurbished not too long ago. A dead give away was the shower over the bath which isn't our favourite bathroom scenario. There was nothing to rave about but nothing to complain about either - we would stay here again. The restaurant (Curves) had a great happy hour with pints of beer and house wine $4 between 4 and 7 - that was a bonus.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Mackasx2,

Thank you for taking your time to comment about Vibe Rushcutters, we appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

I recently stayed at the Vibe Rushcutters Bay Hotel. The hotel is in a good location, and my room was clean and quiet from street noise. The king sized bed was actually two separate mattresses joined together, so when I slept in the bed I could not sleep in the middle, I had to sleep on either side of the bed as sleeping right in the middle of the bed was uncomfortable as it was the join between the two mattresses. Also when I checked in at reception it would have been good if the staff member had of explained what amenities and facilities the hotel has, I had to access the Internet via my smart phone to discover that the Hotel has a roof top swimming pool and gym etc. There was no mention of the hotels amenities and facilities in my room, so if I had not of used my smart phone to access the Internet to view the hotel amenities and facilities I would not have known there was a roof top pool and roof top gym etc. I would stay at the Vibe Hotel Rushcutters again, however for the price per night I believe there is better value accommodation in Sydney. I liked how I could control the room temperature in my room. Hotel staff were friendly.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank traveldude25
Kristina D, Manager at Vibe Hotel Rushcutters Bay Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Dear traveldude25,

Kristina Dundovic

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sydney
Macleay Hotel
The Bayswater Sydney
#83 of 181 in Sydney
Central Business District
#80 of 181 in Sydney

Been to Vibe Hotel Rushcutters Bay Sydney? Share your experiences!