Okay, let's start with the negatives first...
1. Yes, you have to pay to use wifi/internet. It shouldn't be the case in this day and age.
2. Yes, the rooms aren't particularly well soundproofed, so you can hear conversations in the next room and in any room nearby in your corridor which has the door open.
3. Yes, my white bath towel was super-fluffy, but so fluffy that I ended up with white pilling all over the place - on my clothes, in my hair... I became a human lamington.
4. And yes, while the hotel isn't far from the city as the crow flies, there are steep gradients towards either Kings Cross (to the west) or Edgecliff (to the east), meaning that if you're walking, your calves are going to get a good work out whichever direction you head. What goes up, must come down, however, and the walk back to the hotel from either direction is a cinch.
On the positive side of the spectrum...
1. The staff were efficient.
2. The room was clean. I booked a Junior Suite (which was essentially two rectangular rooms back to back, with a dividing door between. One half houses the bed, the other the lounge. It's a little awkward, but the upside of this was I had two bathrooms to choose from).
3. The king-size bed was firm-ish and had three pillows, one of which was like sleeping on a cloud.
4. I was in town on a very busy weekend and whereas other hotels in the vicinity had all raised their prices to capitalise, Vibe's remained at the same level, so big tick there.
Vibe is located virtually halfway between Kings Cross and Edgecliff train stations. There's a convenience store just a couple of doors down. A friend had suggested that the nearby Bay 88 Cafe for great coffee. I wasn't disappointed.
So for a better 'Vibe' experience at Rushcutters Bay, take your wireless dongle and your earplugs and you'll enjoy your stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whilst a guest at Vibe Hotel Rushcutters, enjoy high fashion amidst the boutiques of Sydney’s Double Bay and craft markets of Paddington, which are situated only a two minute drive away, or if you jump in a taxi you can be in the Sydney CBD in five minutes, for the delights of Pitt Street and George Street shopping. With the hotel located on the fringe of Sydney’s CBD, the Eastern suburbs beaches call you to brunch by the surf, with the world renowned Bondi Beach and its iconic lifestyle only minutes away from your Sydney hotel.And at the end of your busy day, return to your park and bayside hotel and relax, take a dip in our heated swimming pool or work out in our rooftop gym and health & fitness centre. Enjoy the vibe at your Sydney hotel with personality – Vibe Hotel Rushcutters! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Toga Hotels, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Hotwire, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Vibe Hotel Rushcutters Bay Sydney reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vibe Hotel Sydney