“Vibe Rushcutter Sydney”

Ranked #80 of 174 Hotels in Sydney
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
“Vibe Rushcutter Sydney”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

Average Hotel, with average rooms and average services. I expected much more than we got!
Nice location, lovely views from pool deck and that is about all i can say about the vibe. Very dissapointed to say the least! The service at Breakfast was totally unacceptable. There was not enough food, no clean glasses, no teaspoons, no knives and when we asked for them the staff became nasty and rude. Our expeirence was not one we will be repeating!!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
MatthewJRichardson, General Manager at Vibe Hotel Rushcutters Bay Sydney, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Dear Footballpossum,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at Vibe Hotel Rushcutters. I was very disappointed to read of the problems you experienced with breakfast. Please accept my apologies. I have passed on your comments to the Food and Beverage team to ensure they improve their overall service and offerings.

If you would like to discuss your stay in detail, please do not hesitate to contact me at the hotel on 02 8353 8988.

Kind regards

Matthew

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
  • Polish first
Sydney, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

I stayed here for one night as I had a wedding to attend in town. I booked the room thought Expedia and pre-paid for it. I did get a good price on Expedia for the room so i was pretty happy. I arrived to check it while my partner waited in the car so we could go straight down park the car and leave. The woman on the desk couldn’t located my reservation and disappeared into the back room for a good 7 minutes or so, then her work mate asked if i was ok, finally and I told him I was in a rush to a wedding reception and I had no idea where the woman who was helping me had gone. She finally came out about another 5 minutes later and I got my room key parked my car and rushed to the wedding. The room was small but tidy, pillows were like sleeping on a blanked folded over once they were terrible.
When we were checking out in the morning, the man on the desk then tried to charge me for the room again. I then had to once again wait for the hotel to sort out its admin and see that I had paid, then he tried to charge me $35 for valet parking which I did not use. I parked my car myself, which saves you $10.
I wouldn’t ever stay here again, for any price.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Hy_Pie,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at Vibe Hotel Rushcutters. I was dissappointed to read of the problems you experienced on check in and out. Please accept my apologies for the delays. I have passed your comments on to the front office team, to ensure a similar instance does not occur.

If you would like to discuss your stay with me in more detail, please do not hesitate to contact me at the hotel on 02 8353 8988.

Kind regards

Matthew
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2012

Stayed here for 4 nights in a king park view room.

Pros:
Very comfortable bed
Spotlessly clean
Extremely quiet rooms despite the hotel being located on a busy road
Good view over the park (level 2) - would be even better higher up
Rooftop pool with lovely harbour views
Great location close to parks, harbour, transport, nightlife and great eating.
Room service was tasty, healthy and reasonably good value

Cons:
Housekeeping was irregular - on two of the four days we had to request our room to be serviced as they had overlooked this.
Parking was annoying - had to buzz several times upon entry and exit before reception would let us in

All in all the Vibe is good value in a city known for overpriced, mediocre accommodatin, I'd definitely recommend Vibe for the leisure traveller looking to stay outside the central business/shopping district for a more authentic Sydney experience, and will stay again when next in Sydney.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Jessica D, Manager at Vibe Hotel Rushcutters Bay Sydney, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Dear Traffjudd,

Thank you for your invaluable feedback. I will be communicating your feedback to our housekeeping team, consistency is a crucial part of operation and I apologise that this was not the case during your stay.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2012

We have stayed at Rushcutters on a number of occasions.
The welcome is friendly and the hotel has good access from the Sydney freeways.
Our rooms are well furnished and immaculately clean.
Room Service meals are of good quality and size.
I always visit the roof top Pool especially at sunset. Superb views and the water is never cold.
A must do!!
The hotel is close to railway stations, cafes and supermarkets.
It is also adjacent to the Harbour walk for picturesque exercises.
It is our Hotel of choice in Sydney. We return next month!!

Room Tip: Front facing rooms are no noisier but have better views
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Dear Warwickstravels,

Thank you for taking the time to share this wonderful feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Vibe Hotel Rushcutters in the near future.

Bengaluru, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2012

I have stayed here for three weeks in 2010 December. Room was very well maintained and the location was awesome. It got a roof top swimming pool and the view from the top is fantastic; you may take a bottle of wine and enjoy an evening on the top :)

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Dear Rajeevpmr

Wellington, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

From the moment I entered the reception area I was impressed with the friendly attitude from all the staff. As I am not able to walk far and need a cane when walking they gave me a room with a balcony (only two in the hotel) a shower not over a bath as most are, in fact they gave me a wonderful three night stay. The room service was great and the maid service was as friendly as the rest of the staff. No wonder the airlines use this hotel for their staff during their rest time, I could not have asked for a more relaxing place to stay.

Room Tip: There are many choices of rooms you can take, just tell them what you would like on admission.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank ancientone001
Dear Ancientone001

Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2012

I have been looking forward to staying at the Vibe Rushcutters for so long and I would have to say that I was disappointed. For starters, if you are close to the main road, the traffic noise at night is quite noticeable. And once again, if you are like me and want total blackout when you sleep, the rooms at this hotel miss the mark by a long shot. The rooms are also very noisy. I could hear the people next door through the walls and people in the corridor could be easily heard.

I ordered room service breakfast on the first morning and while the fruit platter was one of the best that I have had, the toast was cold, hard and was not delivered with a plate to butter it on. For the prices you pay for hotel breakfasts, plus the service charge, this is a total rip off and quality poor. No newspaper was delivered despite being requested.

The next night after returning from a dinner, there was no breakfast order form in the room so went out for breakfast the next morning. A paper was delivered today.

I also don't understand why when you are asked to not wash your towels etc to save water, that soap and shampoo bottles with minimal use are ditched after one night. It is not just this hotel but the waste from soaps and shampoos etc in plastic bottles is enormous.

Overall, very disappointing and no further stays at this brand.

Room Tip: Get a room away from busy South Head Road (I think that's what it is called).
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Jessica D, Manager at Vibe Hotel Rushcutters Bay Sydney, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Dear Pb3141,

Thank you for your invaluable feedback. I will be communicating your feedback regarding your room service order & cleaning of your room to both our food & beverage & housekeeping teams. I sincerely apologise for the inconsistency in receiving your newspaper and breakfast forms, consistency in providing excellent customer service is what we pride ourselves on, and I am disappointed that this was not the case during your stay. I do hope you will consider staying with us again, so that we can show you what we are truly capable of.

Vibe Hotel Rushcutters
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sydney
Central Business District
#69 of 174 in Sydney
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,854 reviews
Surry Hills
Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney Surry Hills
Adina Apartment Hotel Norwest
#1 of 2 in Baulkham Hills

Been to Vibe Hotel Rushcutters Bay Sydney? Share your experiences!