“Spacious and well located”

Quality Apartments Camperdown
Ranked #131 of 186 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed June 19, 2013

The one bedroom suites are very spacious and reasonably well equipped. The hotel is in a great location near RPA and only a short stroll to the eateries on King Street in Newtown.my only complaint is that as my wife was having a medical procedure in the morning we asked if the room could be made up in the morning so we weren't disturbed in the afternoon...on our return at 1pm it hadn't been made up which was disappointing. Otherwise all good and recommended.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Robert-Alam, Manager at Quality Apartments Camperdown, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2013

Dear Bermibound,

I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed both your time in the hotel and our convenient location. Please accept my apology for any short comings in housekeeping. I have passed your comment on to the housekeeping manager to make sure this doesn’t happen in the future.
I do hope that you choose to stay with us again, please do not hesitate to contact me when you are planning your next trip to Camperdown.

Robert Alam
Property Manager

ralam@questapartments.com.au

Reviewed May 25, 2013

When i first arrived at 7.30pm I had to wait for 20 minutes for someone to arrive at reception. When they did arrive i was informed I had been given the wrong address and was meant to be at the other Quest 200 metres down the road. The staff member was friendly and apologetic but not a great start.
While reasonably small the room was very clean with a good bathroom and shower. When I went to iron a shirt I found the room did not have an iron. They do have a guest laundry which was 1 floor down but when i am traveling for work I prefer to iron my business shirts in the room. The bed was not that comfortable. I don't care what anyone says but two single beds pushed together are not a double bed. The blinds also let in too much light so I had to rig something up to block this.
The place was very clean and in a good location so I have still rated it average.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Robert-Alam, Manager at Quality Apartments Camperdown, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2013

Dear Lolo_Tim_Tim,

Thankyou for taking the time to review your stay with us at Quest Camperdown.

I apologise for any misunderstanding that you may have encountered upon visiting us. Quest Camperdown has two complexes that are 200 meters apart. The Missenden Rd property contains our fully serviced apartments that are ideal for long stay guests and families whilst the Parramatta Rd property consists mainly of hotel studio rooms that are ideal for both business and leisure travellers.

Whilst it is our regular procedure to send a confirmation email with the address of the property that you have chosen upon making the initial booking, please accept my apologies for any lapse of communication on our behalf.

As a businessman myself I completely understand that both an iron and an ironing board are a necessity, and as a result, I am in the process of getting quotes to allocate both an iron and an ironing board in each of our rooms.

Lolo_Tim_Tim, Please feel free to contact me on (02) 9028 7900 or via my email atralam@questapartments.com.au so I can personally look after your booking should you choose to stay with us in the future.

Robert Alam
Property Manager

ralam@questapartments.com.au

Reviewed May 10, 2013

Quest Camperdown has two complexes, one on Missenden Road and the more up market Quest Executive Apartments at 108 Parramatta Road which is about 200 metres from the Missenden Road property. The rooms are studio apartments with kitchenettes. The bathrooms only have showers. The property is easy to access from the city being on the corner of Parramatta Road and Lyon Street, but beware that there is no right turn into Lyon street when approaching from the city. Parking is a shared surface car park located across the street behind the apartments with access of Lyon Street. Adjacent street parking is tight and we usually race in and check in and get keys and code for the carpark and then once parked take up luggage to our room. Its a very handy hotel if visiting the Royal Prince Alfred Hospital and you can avoid hefty parking bills elsewhere and leave you car in the carpark till you are finished.

Room Tip: There is some traffic noise if you are located on the Lyon Street side, but it is easy to ignore.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank StephenR285
Sharine B, Manager at Quality Apartments Camperdown, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2013

Hi Stephen,

Thank you for taking time to provide a review for Quest Camperdown!

We do have 2 fantastic complexes within 200m away from each other. In our Missenden Road's complex, we have the larger full serviced apartments that are ideal for long stays guests and in the Parramatta Road's complex, we have the modern executive apartments that are equipped with kitchenettes and common laundry room complimentary for all guests use.

Both complexes are very much accessible to the RPA hospital as well as the University of Sydney. Buses directly outside both sites also provide convenient access via a 10 minutes ride into the city.

We are glad that Quest Camperdown caters to your needs and look forward to welcome you back again!

Thanks.

Kind regards,

Reviewed April 28, 2013

While reception was unmanned when I wanted to check in and no-one was answering the phone, once I found someone the experience was great. The rooms are small but fully kitted out with everything you need - great little kitchen, lovely fresh bathroom, TV positioned directly in front the bed (yippee) and a little balcony to boot. Regular buses go past the front door and 15-20 minutes later you are at the Opera House with all the other tourists. Don't forget crazy and eclectic King Street either, just a short walk away.

• Stayed: February 2013
Sharine B, Manager at Quality Apartments Camperdown, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

Hi,

Thank you for taking time to provide us with this feedback. Direct feedback from our past guests in a pivotal part in ensuring that we continue to further develop our property and continue to grow.

You are right in saying that we are in prime location for Sydney visitors. We hope that you had time to ensure some of the attractions in close proximity. (We are within 10 minutes from Sydney CBD.)

We are glad that you found your recent stay in our executive apartment to be a suitable option for yourself . The executive apartments are equipped with kitchenette facilities and in some rooms, a nice little balcony for those who likes to sit and relax in the open.

In relation to the reception being unmanned, I will certainly pass your feedback on to all front office staff members as at the time of your arrival, they may have been attending to another guest. we hope that you did not have to wait too long and are thrilled that the service given when they were with you was satisfactory.

Once again, thank you and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

We stay here each month as we visit the RPA and travel six hours each way.

On our last visit I had to stay in the hospital for six days leaving my wife looking to stay somewhere.

We weren't sure from day to day how long I would need to stay and my wife was quite upset. Luckily nothing was too much trouble for the staff and they held a room each day till the doctor had seen me.

This is an older property but clean, comfortable and a lot of rooms are refurbished. I wouldn't hesitate in recommending this property.

• Stayed: April 2013

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback and we are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay!

Quest Camperdown is very conveniently located to the Royal Price Alfred Hospital, in fact quite a number of our guests often stay with us for the same reason and we understand how important it is to be flexible with our guests, due to the constant changing appointments at the hospital.

Our staff are well aware that some of our guests may be having a particularly difficulty time, especially when a family member is in hospital and we aim to make to stay with us as ‘stress free’ and easy for you as it can be.

We are thrilled that this is reflected in the interactions that the front office staff have with our guests and look forward to seeing you next time, hopefully for a leisure stay.

Thank you.

Reviewed April 19, 2013

This was a lovely little hotel in a convenient location. It was in immaculate order and very comfortable. Close to reasonable meal options - great little Korean restaurant just up the road to the west.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Hi Rick,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. It’s great that you have given such positive feedback!

Indeed, we are very lucky to be in close proximity to quite a few nice restaurants. We look forward to welcome you back again to Quest Camperdown.

Please feel free to contact us if there's anything else that we can assist!

Thank you.

Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

Had a lovley time but a lot of trouble with the interenet everybody there was lovley and I thoughly enjoued our stay would go back definitely.It is a self-catering apartment with lovley vetoes and a nice central location perfect for b buses trains and other transport it also has a car park below which is well contained

Many thanks for your feedback.

It’s great to know that you enjoyed the service provided from our staff. Here at Quest Camperdown, we strive to be the "home away from home" for all guests.

We are also glad that you have enjoyed our self catered apartments and fantastic location.

On the internet issues that you have encountered, we have passed them on to our Information Technology team to look into and hope that you experience a speedier internet connection next time.

Please feel free to contact Robert Alam, our new property manager or myself at T: 02 9028 7900 should you require any further assistance.

Thank you and we look forward to seeing you soon.