“We thought we were staying in the other property”

Quality Apartments Camperdown
Ranked #131 of 186 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed April 8, 2013

It was not clear from the booking site that we would be staying across Paramatta road and not opposite the hospital. Our room on the second floor at the back was tiny; it smelled of smoke; there was a 'click/clack' sofa but you really had to sit on the bed to see the TV; the kitchenette comprised a sink, microwave, toaster, jug and small fridge; the bathroom was adequate. We had expected the usual one bedroom apartment we had enjoyed previously in other Quest apartments around Australia. Parking was back at the other property and was extremely limited. Our room lost power for about 90 minutes as did the rest of our floor. No explanation was given nor any apology. Staff were friendly but this experience left us disappointed and possibly a little less tolerant than usual - hence this review. The bed was clean and comfortable and the banging of pipes or doors only an intermittent annoyance. Lighting was dreadful and this appears to be a trend with economical low voltage globes - only a problem when natural light is limited I guess!

Room Tip: maybe inspect the room first
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank juliekd
Sharine B, Manager at Quality Apartments Camperdown, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear about the confusion that you have experienced. We have recently had a change in management and are currently reviewing our front office procedures to ensure that stronger communication and confirmation are followed up with guests. This will help ensure that our guests are directed to the right site and informed of any downtime in services.

We are glad that you have found the kitchenette and bathroom useful for your stay and our reception team being friendly. We endeavour to provide a high level of service to our guests and will love to welcome you back to experience our true level of service.

Please feel free to contact me direct on 02 9028 7900 if there are any other areas that I can be of assistance.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Have recently had two stays at this property. The rooms are a good size, are generally clean and are in a good location near Sydney Uni and RPA Hospital.
Our main concerns were the cost squeezing measures they have put in place. These include very poor lighting so that it is not possible to read at night (they have 13watt flouro bulbs behind diffusers in all lights), the use of queen size bed sheets on king size beds and quite dated bathrooms.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank FJ100

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback. We apologies that your last stay has not been as pleasant as we would like it to be.

We are reviewing these areas that you have highlighted, In the meantime, you will also be glad to know that we are currently undergoing refurbishment works to our Missenden Road property. All kitchens and bathrooms will be undergoing retiling works in the next few months and we have currently completed about 50% of the property.

At the same time, we will also love to invite you back to stay in one of our refurbished rooms.

Please feel free to contact us on 02 9028 7900 so that we can assist you further.

Reviewed February 23, 2013

I don't understand why all the bad reviews. I stayed in the Paramatta Road property and initially there was some confusion because my booking said Missendon Road, but otherwise the place was great. The room was nice and big, bed comfortable, free WiFi (included in corporate deal) nice and clean. Especially the Q-Lounge facility was fantastic, with computer printer and fax machine, I could check-in and PRINT my boarding pass before flying on to the next stop. Super close to hospital and uni. Bus stop right out front to city. Lots of little pubs and stuff in the area to have dinner. Friendly staff. Will stay again, thanks. Usually have good experiences staying in the 4-5 QUEST hotels I've been in Australia.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Hi,

Thanks for the great feedback about Quest Camperdown! We are glad that you have enjoyed the free internet that comes with the package that you have booked on, and the fairly new Q lounge facilities that we have put together to value add our guests' stay.

We look forward to welcome you back again during your next stay in Sydney.

Operations Manager

Reviewed February 12, 2013

The paint was peeling with mold growing in the baseboards. Dark lighting. King suite is really a double bed. I prepaid for internet and they wanted to charge me again. I immediately checked out and looked for another place to stay. Don't waste your money.

• Stayed: February 2013
2  Thank abetter1
Kylie O, Manager at Quality Apartments Camperdown, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2013

Thank you for your Feedback regarding your recent stay at Quest Apartments Camperdown. Obviously the stay was not to your expectations.

I would urge you to contact me on 02 9028 7900 so that I can discuss the stay with you, the room you were in and the type of package, so that I may address the issues you encountered.

Reviewed January 31, 2013

We stayed at the Quest Apartments Camperdown on the Australia Day long weekend, checked in Sat and out Monday. The apartment was a good size and well equiped, however we had to wash all of the plates and cutlery we used as all were dirty as was the kitchen floor. For the one full day we had in Sydney, we had no hot water, we wasted most of the day waiting for it to be fixed and eventually had to have freezing cold showers at about 1.30pm so we could go out and keep some of the arrangements to see people we had made! NOT a nice experience at all. No one kept us informed and there was no mention, let alone apology when we checked out. I have worked in a hotel and I was shocked that there was not even a "we are so sorry for messing up your day yesterday etc".

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Katy4073

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at Quest Camperdown. I'm sorry that you found some areas lacking during your stay.

Your comments have also been passed onto the housekeeping department regarding the cleanliness you mentioned as this is certainly not the standard we aim for in our rooms.

I understand how frustrating it must have been as a guest when we had problems with our hot water system. Unfortunately the issue did take some hours to fix. Staff did their best to keep guests informed, when they had information to give. I'm sorry if you felt that the issue was not acknowledged on checkout and I hope that you accept my apology for this now.

Thank you again for your feedback and I hope that you choose to stay with Quest Camperdown again so that we can show you the true standard of our property.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

We stayed for one night and found this apartment clean and adequately appointed. Having to use the guest laundry to iron clothes was a bit of a pain as the room was so small, if I was a larger person I would have had to iron in the hall. The shower leaked into the hall, must have been happening for a while as the skirting board was swelling already from the damp. But over all this apartment was serviceable close to buses and central station and the Royal Prince Alfred Hospital.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Kylie O, General Manager at Quality Apartments Camperdown, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2013

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at Quest Camperdown. I'm glad that overall you were happy with your stay. I have taken on board your feedback regarding the size of the laundry room and we are looking at space saving techniques to assist our guests.

I hope that you advised Reception regarding your shower and that it was fixed in a reasonable timeframe.

Thank you again for your feedback and I hope that you choose to stay at Quest Camperdown again.

Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for two nights for daughter to go to uni, and I found the service excellent. After check in, went up to unit and tv wasn't working, so phoned down and lady on duty came up and fixed it. DVD player wasn't working the next day and again, someone came in and fixed it straightaway. Needed bug spray that night and had some brought up immediately so couldn't fault service. However the faults I found were, in the 1 bed unit, air con is in lounge room and no air con in bedroom or fan. We had to have it on full blast to get it into the bedroom which made the lounge room freeze. little things, but a fan in room would have been great. Also fly screens in room and balcony door would help as we wanted them left open, but insects were coming in. Just a note to housekeeping, as we had the lounge out looking for remote, room 504 badly needs vacuuming behind the lounge

• Stayed: January 2013
Kylie O, Manager at Quality Apartments Camperdown, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2013

Hello

Thank you for taking the time to pass on feedback regarding your stay. I'm happy to hear that you found our staff service excellent. We take great pride in making sure that all our guests have an exceptional stay. I have brought your other comments up with our Housekeeping Department.

I hope that you choose to use Quest Camperdown again in the future.
Kind Regards