“Clean and adequate”

Ranked #109 of 178 Hotels in Sydney
Sydney, Australia
“Clean and adequate”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

We stayed for one night and found this apartment clean and adequately appointed. Having to use the guest laundry to iron clothes was a bit of a pain as the room was so small, if I was a larger person I would have had to iron in the hall. The shower leaked into the hall, must have been happening for a while as the skirting board was swelling already from the damp. But over all this apartment was serviceable close to buses and central station and the Royal Prince Alfred Hospital.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Kylie O, General Manager at Quality Apartments Camperdown, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at Quest Camperdown. I'm glad that overall you were happy with your stay. I have taken on board your feedback regarding the size of the laundry room and we are looking at space saving techniques to assist our guests.

I hope that you advised Reception regarding your shower and that it was fixed in a reasonable timeframe.

Thank you again for your feedback and I hope that you choose to stay at Quest Camperdown again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
sydney australia
Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for two nights for daughter to go to uni, and I found the service excellent. After check in, went up to unit and tv wasn't working, so phoned down and lady on duty came up and fixed it. DVD player wasn't working the next day and again, someone came in and fixed it straightaway. Needed bug spray that night and had some brought up immediately so couldn't fault service. However the faults I found were, in the 1 bed unit, air con is in lounge room and no air con in bedroom or fan. We had to have it on full blast to get it into the bedroom which made the lounge room freeze. little things, but a fan in room would have been great. Also fly screens in room and balcony door would help as we wanted them left open, but insects were coming in. Just a note to housekeeping, as we had the lounge out looking for remote, room 504 badly needs vacuuming behind the lounge

• Stayed January 2013
Kylie O, Manager at Quality Apartments Camperdown, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Hello

Thank you for taking the time to pass on feedback regarding your stay. I'm happy to hear that you found our staff service excellent. We take great pride in making sure that all our guests have an exceptional stay. I have brought your other comments up with our Housekeeping Department.

I hope that you choose to use Quest Camperdown again in the future.
Kind Regards
Kylie O'Connor
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed December 16, 2012

Quest Camperdown has improved enormously since a disappointing stay there a few years ago. It is well presented, the rooms are clean, and the service is out of this world. Of course the location is excellent, particularly if your visit is associated with the nearby large institutions of RPA Hospital and/or Sydney University. Transport to the city centre is easy and cheap. On-street parking in this area is extremely expensive, so the availability of on-site underground parking at the Quest is a bonus. The trendy King Street in Newtown is a five minute walk away, and is brimming with a huge variety of restaurants and boutique shops.
Our room was large, well furnished, and bright. The staff attended to every request we made with no fuss at all. Steven Bern in particular was delightful - he went out of his way to make sure that we were well looked after, and always with a smile. He really made our stay very memorable.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Kylie O, Manager at Quality Apartments Camperdown, responded to this review, December 23, 2012
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at Quest Camperdown.

It is always great to hear from guests who have an enjoyable stay. Our staff take great pride in making sure that each stay is exceptional for our guests.

I hope that we can welcome you back to Quest Camperdown again in the future.
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed November 30, 2012

We took a 2 bedroom apartment. We chose it because of its easy proximity to RPA and all the medical facilities in the area. The place was clean, well maintained and spacious. Our balcony was enormous with good views. The staff (especially Stephen) were really friendly, welcoming and helpful. The pool is a good size for a hotel pool. There are plenty of great eateries nearby in and just off King Street Newtown (about 5 mins walk). The next door supermarket is well stocked.

Room Tip: make sure you book carparking as it is limited
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Kylie O, Manager at Quality Apartments Camperdown, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Thak your for feedback regarding your stay.

I am happy that you enjoyed your stay and the area.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Quest Camperdown when you are next in the area.
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed November 28, 2012

The room is very clean, but just a room. It has basic kitchenette facilities and supplies crockery and cutlery for 2. I was travelling by myself and brought a kilo of muesli and had purchased a 2 litre milk. On getting back from work they had serviced the room and in their diligence removed both my muesli - was in bag on bench. And also took my milk carton from the fridge. Was half full.

Not happy at this as had budgeted for my bbreakfasts for the week.....

Room Tip: Bit of road noise so leave the air con on to help drown it out.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay.

There seems to have been a problem regarding the breakfast that you had in your room. I would be happy to discuss this issue with you and work out an appropriate solution. I can be contacted on 02 9028 7900.

Thank you again for your feedback.
Sydney Inner West
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Easy to find. Staff was not very friendly. Bathroom amenities were clean however require an upgrade. Traffic / road noises / thin walls to the next room made it too noisy to sleep !!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Quickbeds

1 Thank A S
Kylie O, Manager at Quality Apartments Camperdown, responded to this review, November 25, 2012
Thank you for feedback regarding your recent stay at Quest Camperdown.

I'm sorry that you found the staff you encountered unfriendly as we take great pride in going beyond the expectations of our guests at all times. This has been brought up with the staff.

Our bathrooms are currently undergoing refurbishment, to ensure they are kept to a high standard. I would welcome you contacting me regarding which room you stayed in so that I may address the noise issues you encountered. I can be reached on 02 90287900.

Thank you again for your feedback.
Nelson-Tasman Region, New Zealand
Reviewed November 17, 2012

We stayed at Quest in Camperdown in June of this year for three nights; I hope that standards have improved in the interim as our experience was very sub-standard. I had booked the Quest Missenden Road apartment specifically - and this address was stipulated on the confirmation email. Very unimpressed that an attempt was made to relocate us to their Parramatta Road property at check-in; we had to hold our ground to ensure we were not moved there. For the price range the room was adequate in terms of size and facilities. However, there are several things to note: there were tumbleweeds of dust in the room, particularly around the skirting boards; cleanliness was borderline at best; it can take a VERY long time for the lift to travel between floors; multiple requests had to be made to sort out the broken (and only) towel rail; the property is very long overdue for a refit. The final straw was to return to our room at the end of the day to find that the cleaners had left it unlocked with the door wide-open. We were very, very fortunate not to have had anything stolen.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Josie1232003
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at Quest Camperdown.

I'm sorry that you found the standards not to your expectations. We have made some changes to our procedures since June and have started a refurbishment of our rooms on Missenden Road, to alleviate some of the issued you encountered.

I would be more than happy to discuss the comments made in your feedback and can be contatced on 02 9028 7900.

Thank you again for your feedback and I hope you choose to visit Quest Camperdown again to see the difference in the property.

Travelers are raving about these Sydney hotels