Quality Apartments Camperdown
$176
$215
$179
  • Pool
Amora Hotel Jamison Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
$193
$164
$234
$219
  • Restaurant
Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
$182
$136
  • Pool
The Grace Hotel Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
$144
$126
$189
$180
  • Restaurant
All reviewsmini supermarketcar spacerubbish binssydney universityseparate toiletundercover parkingbedroom apartmentwashing machinefamily staybottle shoplounge roomwi fiquiet streetlight sleeperconvenience storetwo night stayan update
Reviewed November 17, 2012

We stayed at Quest in Camperdown in June of this year for three nights; I hope that standards have improved in the interim as our experience was very sub-standard. I had booked the Quest Missenden Road apartment specifically - and this address was stipulated on the confirmation email. Very unimpressed that an attempt was made to relocate us to their Parramatta Road property at check-in; we had to hold our ground to ensure we were not moved there. For the price range the room was adequate in terms of size and facilities. However, there are several things to note: there were tumbleweeds of dust in the room, particularly around the skirting boards; cleanliness was borderline at best; it can take a VERY long time for the lift to travel between floors; multiple requests had to be made to sort out the broken (and only) towel rail; the property is very long overdue for a refit. The final straw was to return to our room at the end of the day to find that the cleaners had left it unlocked with the door wide-open. We were very, very fortunate not to have had anything stolen.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Josie1232003
Kylie O, Manager at Quality Apartments Camperdown, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2012

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at Quest Camperdown.

I'm sorry that you found the standards not to your expectations. We have made some changes to our procedures since June and have started a refurbishment of our rooms on Missenden Road, to alleviate some of the issued you encountered.

I would be more than happy to discuss the comments made in your feedback and can be contatced on 02 9028 7900.

Thank you again for your feedback and I hope you choose to visit Quest Camperdown again to see the difference in the property.

Reviewed November 10, 2012

The Quest name stands to a degree of luxury in Brisbane, Melbourne and Canberra, this is certainly not the case in Sydney. The room is tiny - fine if you are doing it solo - facilities are adequate, but there is a whiff of sewerage in the room. The big thing to check - which property you are booked into - one is on the relatively quiet Missenden Rd, the other is on one of the busiest roads in Sydney, Parramatta Rd. I was in the latter and it is almost impossible to sleep without ear plugs. It is reasonable value for money and very close to the hospital and the university. I was in a newly painted room and apart from being a bit smelly, everything worked.

Room Tip: Avoid the Parramatta Road building - if you cannot avoid this- get a room away from the road.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank sasha g

Thank you for the feedback regarding your recent stay at Quest Camperdown.

As you noted we operate two buildings with our newer property being based on Parramatta Road and consisting of studio rooms, which are ideal for the short term traveller. We also offer 1 and 2 bedroom apartments on our Missenden Road property. We currently check our guests bookings in advance and confirm which property they have made their booking for.

I'm sorry about the smell you found in your room and hope that is was rectified in a timely manner by our housekeeping department.

Thank you again for your feedback and I hope that we can welcome you back to Quest Camperdown in the future.

Reviewed November 9, 2012

I attended a 2 week course at RPAH and chose to stay in a 1-bedroom apartment at Quest Camperdown. The location was on Missenden Rd, which was a very short walk to RPAH and very convenient. When I arrived the reception staff member was very friendly, but was unable to tell me the nearest supermarket details. My room was quite nice and I was comfortable there for the next 2 weeks. The downside of having a room with street view was the road noise, but I got used to it. The apartments were fairly clean, but as a person who notices small details, there was room for improvement. The wireless internet worked well. The room had an iPod dock. It was a 10 minute walk to great restaurants and shops in Newtown. The Thai restaurant next to Quest Camperdown was delicious! My only bugbear during the stay was that my room card frequently deactivated when it was near my mobile phone and I needed it to be re-programmed on many occassions - which was frustrating, particularly out of hours when reception was unattended.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at Quest Camperdown.

I'm glad that you found the location suitable and the room comfortable for your needs. We are looking at the card activations to ensure they remain viable throughout a guests stay. I hope that those times that you needed your key reactivated it was done so in a timely manner.

Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to Quest Camperdown in the future.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

This was a great place to stay we had a few things to do in Newtown & it was an easy walk. It is also Right across the road from RPA Hospital so it would be very handy if you had to go there for an extended time. It was clean & tidy & the staff were very helpful, there was also parking available a must for those travelling by car.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Kylie O, Manager at Quality Apartments Camperdown, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2012

Thank you for you taking the time to give us feedback regarding your stay. I'm glad that you found the apartments in a convenient place for your stay. We are in a great location for Newtown and King Street and find that our guests are very happy with the location.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Quest Camperdown in the future.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

I chose Quest because the brand is usually very good. When I booked online I believed I was booking Missenden Rd location - I would never willingly stay on Parramatta Rd. I was in room 314, right on Parramatta Rd, and the traffic noise was terrible. I can't comment on rooms further back, although the building is not deep. Clearly sound insulation is not of a high quality. Instead of a restful night before a long business meeting, I slept badly. The quality of the room, though small, met the Quest standard, this was not the issue. The online booking system should make it very very clear which Quest is being booked. The same price was charged for this room as the quieter location - although being cheaper would not have compensated for the noise. Parking for cars is also a walk away in an uncovered and poorly secured area that I would not enter at night. It cost $25.

Room Tip: Check very carefully that you are booking Missenden Rd Quest.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank BlueB40
Kylie O, Manager at Quality Apartments Camperdown, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Quest Camperdown. I'm sorry to hear that your stay was not to your satisfaction. We do have two properties close together and have a number of procedures in place to ensure our guests are aware of the property before they arrive. It appears that in this case these procedures may not have been followed.

The carparking on the Parramatta site is directly behind the building and is operated by another business and has a security gate and code in place. We charge our guests $15.00 per night for parking.

I would be very happy if you were to contact me directly on 02 90287900 so that we can discuss the issues that you have gone through during your stay and ensure that they do not occur again.

Kind Regards