“Handy to all things in Newtown”

Quality Apartments Camperdown
Ranked #113 of 178 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed November 5, 2012

This was a great place to stay we had a few things to do in Newtown & it was an easy walk. It is also Right across the road from RPA Hospital so it would be very handy if you had to go there for an extended time. It was clean & tidy & the staff were very helpful, there was also parking available a must for those travelling by car.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Kylie O, Manager at Quality Apartments Camperdown, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2012

Thank you for you taking the time to give us feedback regarding your stay. I'm glad that you found the apartments in a convenient place for your stay. We are in a great location for Newtown and King Street and find that our guests are very happy with the location.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Quest Camperdown in the future.

There are newer reviews for Quality Apartments Camperdown

Reviewed October 9, 2012

I chose Quest because the brand is usually very good. When I booked online I believed I was booking Missenden Rd location - I would never willingly stay on Parramatta Rd. I was in room 314, right on Parramatta Rd, and the traffic noise was terrible. I can't comment on rooms further back, although the building is not deep. Clearly sound insulation is not of a high quality. Instead of a restful night before a long business meeting, I slept badly. The quality of the room, though small, met the Quest standard, this was not the issue. The online booking system should make it very very clear which Quest is being booked. The same price was charged for this room as the quieter location - although being cheaper would not have compensated for the noise. Parking for cars is also a walk away in an uncovered and poorly secured area that I would not enter at night. It cost $25.

Room Tip: Check very carefully that you are booking Missenden Rd Quest.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank BlueB40
Kylie O, Manager at Quality Apartments Camperdown, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Quest Camperdown. I'm sorry to hear that your stay was not to your satisfaction. We do have two properties close together and have a number of procedures in place to ensure our guests are aware of the property before they arrive. It appears that in this case these procedures may not have been followed.

The carparking on the Parramatta site is directly behind the building and is operated by another business and has a security gate and code in place. We charge our guests $15.00 per night for parking.

I would be very happy if you were to contact me directly on 02 90287900 so that we can discuss the issues that you have gone through during your stay and ensure that they do not occur again.

Kind Regards

Reviewed September 9, 2012

We booked into the Missenden Road location - we thought - only to be told on check in that we were actually in the Parramatta Road location - which is on a very busy road - as opposed to Missended Road.

The room was very small - about 20 sqm, no ironing facilities, and the TV (which was a good size) could only be seen from one side of the bed.

Our room had a sewerage smell, but not really bad, just a whiff.

It was hard to tell if the staff did a good job and we barely saw any.

I have stayed in many Quest apartments over the past 20 years and thay have all been very good, Camperdown appears to be the exception.

If you need to stay in the area, my advice would be to stay at the Rydges on Missenden Road.

Room Tip: Try Rydges
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mark&Rosa
Kylie O, Manager at Quality Apartments Camperdown, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2012

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at Quest Camperdown. I was sorry to hear that the stay was not up to your expectation.

We do have two properties close to one another. The booking that was made online was for a studio room on our Parramatta Rd property. These rooms are newly refurbished rooms with a small kitchenette. We have a number of different procedures in place to ensure that the guest is aware up front of the property they have booked. It appears in this instance that there was some obvious miscommunication in regards to your booking.

I would cetainly like to discuss the issues you encountered to ensure that it doesn't occur again and how we can improve any future stays. I can be contacted on 02 9028 7900.

Reviewed September 9, 2012

Good location, just ten minutes from King Street and restaurants. A few restaurants next door and a small supermarket. Clost to Taxi rank. Rooms clean and tidy. Shower tiles needed to be bleached though. Black mould in the grouting. Reasonably quiet for an inner city hotel. Air conditioner/heater worked fine. Kitchenette missing a few items. No hot plate, just a microwave and i don't use a microwave. There was plates and cutlery but no sink or tap, so i had to wash up in the bathroom. Staff were helpful and friendly. Carpeted room. WiFi was unsatisfactory.

Room Tip: I had a room with a balcony and window but there seemed to be inner rooms with no windows which may...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at Quest Camperdown.

I was glad to hear that you were happy with the location of the property. Our studio rooms have a small kitchenette attached to them. We do have 1 bedroom apartments which have full cooking facilities associated with them, if you require further cooking facilities. We are currently in the process of upgrading and re-tiling our bathrooms to alleviate any issues in that area. I'm sorry that you were unsatisfied with the WiFi service as we have recently cabled the property to ensure coverage throughout the building. I would certainly be happy to hear what the issue was.

I hope that we can welcome you back to Quest Camperdown in the future. Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

We booked a two br apartment for a girls night in the city. The proportions of the apartment were decent tho' the bathroom tiles could do with a really good scrub.

We went to reception 3 times over 2 hours on a friday night to find it to be not manned. Surely this would be a busy time?

I don't think this is a dreadful place to stay and it was convenient for our purpose but a bit of housekeeping and reception action would step things up a notch

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at Quest Camperdown.

I am happy to tell you that we are in the process of re-tiling our bathrooms to alleviate any grouting problems. Reception is physically manned until 9:00pm however there is a staff member on site until 11:00pm that is available by using the courtesy phone at Reception. Occasionally a guest may need assistance in their room which may mean the staff member is called away from the desk. I will check with the staff member on shift that night as to the reason for their absence.

Thank you again for your feedback and I hope we can accommodate you again at Quest Camperdown.

Reviewed August 26, 2012

Well, the banner says it all really. I stayed there one night; it was a great base and I was very comfortable. Will definitely do the same again when next in Sydney in need of a place to stay. On the corner across the road is a great cafe, Deus ex Machina, and being in that inner west part of town, everything is accessible.

Room Tip: I stayed in an executive king suite - nice.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Kylie O, Manager at Quality Apartments Camperdown, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2012

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay. I'm always happy to hear that our guests are happy with their stay. We do have a great location close to the city and its attractions. Our staff pride themselves on doing whatever they can to assist our guests during their stay to make it comfortable. We're happy to tell you that Deus Cafe not only offer great food and chargeback to our guests but also a specially priced breakfast menu exclusively for guest of Quest Camperdown.

We hope to see you back at Quest Camperdown in the near future.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

We stayed in the Quest apartments on the corner of Parramatta Rd & Lyons Rd (which is a continuation of Missenden Rd) Camperdown. These are the studio apartments of Quest and I knew at the time of booking that they are further down the road from the larger Quest Camperdown and I had noticed them whilst staying at Rydges Missenden Rd on a couple of occasions. I found the room quite large compared to some studios and it had a small kitchen as well which was a plus. The room was clean, the bed and pillows were great, the staff friendly and helpful. The only downside was no wi-fi or business desk but the girl on reception offered to do our online check-in for our flight and print our boarding passes. The other negative was the electronic 'compendium' in the room which obviously had the hotel details such as how to use telephone etc. but I couldn't get it to work and neither could my son-in-law who visited us and who is a graphic designer and knows a bit about electronics. It wasn't urgent that I used it and I could have asked at reception for help, but they gave us a printout of hotel rules and thought that instructions for the compendium could have been printed on that. All in all it was an enjoyable stay, a short trip to the city by bus which was right outside. It is also close to the RPA hospital, the Sydney Uni and a 10 minute walk to the Newtown shops and restaurants. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Kylie O, Manager at Quality Apartments Camperdown, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2012

Hello

Thank you for taking the time to respond regarding your recent stay at at Quest Apartment. I'm happy that the you were overall satisfied with your stay. We are currently changing over the compendiums in all rooms to make them more user friendly for our guests. We also have a new Business Longe area for our Corporate guests to have access to. Wi-Fi is available throughout the property for a small fee. Front desk staff are always happy to assist guests with items such as boarding passes and the like.

We hope to welcome you back to Quest Camperdown in the near future.

Kind Regards