“very small room”

Ranked #107 of 175 Hotels in Sydney
Christchurch, New Zealand
“very small room”
Reviewed January 30, 2012

while staff were friendly and helpful, the room was very small for something with executive in its description. a colleague booked into the nearby Rydges and got a much better deal, including views of the harbour.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
4 Thank sumnerpaul
, Manager at Quality Apartments Camperdown, responded to this review, June 25, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. We greatly appreciate all customer feedback we receive and commit to improving out apartments to meet our customers’ needs.

I am pleased to hear out staff were friendly and helpful throughout your stay. I am sorry that you found our executive studio rooms to be a bit compact. If you were looking for a more spacious room I would recommend our Missenden Road building which is home to our larger one and two bedroom apartments.

If you are ever in need of accommodation in the Camperdown area again we would love to welcome you into our apartments once more.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed January 5, 2012

We are currently staying at the Quest Camperdown on Missenden road and I must say, I am disgusted in the lack of hygiene and cleanliness. On arrival, we were greeted by a polite young man on the front desk who did his best to make up for the poorly maintained reception area. The next issue I encountered was the one and only lift which was used by both guests and housekeeping. It was not unusual to wait up to 7 minutes for the lift as housekeeping prop the lift doors open to load it up with their rubbish and dirty bedlinen & towels.

Once we entered the room, I was revolted by the sight of the lounges which appeared to have been aquired from the 2nd hand furniture store. Secondly, the kitchen was so filthy and housekeeping left us the used and dirty dish sponge from the previous guests. The dishes and cutlery still had food stains visible and I even found hair in the bowls. The oven was filthy and looks like its hasn't been cleaned out in a few years and that also goes for the frying pan. All in all, you wouldn't trust eating with the filthy cutlery & crockery provided.

My husband and I took matters into our own hands and purchased a new dish washing sponge, cleaning products & frying pan. When trying to clean the oven, I discovered that it doesn't work! Shouldn't be a surprise, right? Lucky we purchased a frying pan, what we didn't fry, we grilled and when we couldn't be bothered looking at the kitchen, we went out to eat.

Housekeeping..... where do I start! It was an effort to get our towels changed for a clean set every second day and it took me two complaints on our 6th day of stay to have our bedlinen changed. When housekeeping finally arrived at our room, the housekeeper asked me "do you really want it done?" I couldn't believe she was asking me that question. She then had the ordacity to huff and puff and make a big deal out of having to do her job! Well, it is now day 10 and the bathroom & toilet hasn't been cleaned once, never mind, I did it myself yesterday. Housekeeping is to busy to do the job required because she is too busy gossiping about the other guests! She also complained to me about Australians and how lazy they are & that foreigners had to come to this country to do all the work..... hmmmmm.

Unfortunately I didn't make the booking and it had been paid for in advance by my company. I provided my feedback to them only a few days ago to ensure that no future bookings are made with Quest Camperdown & I have also filed a complaint with Quest Head Office but noting the complaints already filed on this website, I highly doubt that any improvements will be made.

Ps, my husband hates this place - it has no foxtel!!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else, the Rydges is just next door & a much better facilty. Worth the extra $$$.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Aphrodite076
Thank you for your feedback regarding the above stay with us in January.

Please accept my apologies that your stay was not satisfactory. Since your stay we have undergone some changes and a refurbishment of the property is due to be started shortly. The housekeeping feedback has been taken on board, our staff have been advised of the complaint and we have taken measures to ensure a high standard of cleanliness in all the rooms. We also have recently installed Foxtel into the property.

Thank you again for your feedback if you wish to discuss anything further I can be contacted on 02 9028 7900.

Travelers are raving about these Sydney hotels

london
Reviewed December 15, 2011

Handy location for the RPA hospital, however this accommodation is unfortunately dirty and poorly maintained (windows covered in dust/tar from the road, kitchen floor was sticky and carpets/soft chairs that needed a good clean and part of the bathroom ceiling was hanging off precariously). Beds were comfortable but this accommodation is certainly not worthy of the rates. The larger apartments on higher floors did seem cleaner and brighter.

Maintenance requests were not carried out (bedside lights not working and a panel hanging from the ceiling of the bathroom). Unfortunately there is only one lift to take residents to all 5 floors, and this was out of order at times and often in use by cleaning staff/maintenance who don't seem to give a second thought to holding up the visitors whilst they stop the lift to load it full of garbage whilst you wait. Reception desk is often closed. Facilities were practical, if in need of maintenance.

Cooking was a potentially expensive: smoke-detectors are positioned over directly over the smokey old stove along with signs saying that $700 fine payable by the guest if alarms sound. Charges were made to my credit card without informing me of this. Receptionists were generally polite but unhelpful. I will not be visiting Quest again. Work colleagues stayed in Meriton Apts on Bathurst St for a similar cost and it was just amazing!

Room Tip: Higher floors >4 seem better
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Mo0o0o
, Manager at Quality Apartments Camperdown, responded to this review, June 27, 2012
Thank you for your feedback from your stay with us in December.

I am sorry to hear that your stay with us was not satisfactory. We have a new and improved communication system in place to ensure contact between all of our departments is swift and efficient. We are also about to start a new refurbishment of all the rooms to ensure our guests have a lovely, clean and up to date place to stay.

If you wish to discuss anything further please do not hesitate to contact me on 02 9028 7900. If you are ever seeking accommodation in the Camperdown area again we would be more than happy to welcome you through our doors.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed December 10, 2011

We have previously been to the Quest at Camperdown Missenden Road, so thought we would re-visit as we had a friends birthday to attend. When we arrived, the reception in Missenden road was closed with a note saying call the Quest at Parramatta road, where we then found out this is where we are staying. At no stage were we told this information (and it appears this has happened to others). We never would have booked here if we had known and would have stayed at the the Rydges. The room was very small and very dark. We looked out onto other apartments, all looking into each other. During the night we kept hearing someone coughing in one of the apartments below, because it echoed up the tube of apartments, If you looked right up, you can see the sky, this was the only way to tell what the weather was doing. The only good thing about it, it was clean. If we had booked for more than one night we definitely would not have stayed. We will never return to the Camperdown Quest again!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Pam82trip
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback from your December stay.

I am sorry for the inconvenience you experienced staying in our Parramatta Road building. We encourage our guests to report to reception if they have any issues with their room so we can provide excellent accommodation to our valued customers. As we now have the two buildings operating as the same property we endure to call every guest prior to arrival to reconfirm which building they have booked into. You had reserved one of our Executive Studio rooms. If you were looking for a more spacious room I would recommend one of our 1 or 2 bedroom apartments which are located in our Missenden Road Building.

If you wish to discuss things further please do not hesitate to contact me directly on 02 9028 7900.
Australia
Reviewed December 10, 2011

Quest Camperdown

I write to say that we had a lovely stay at quest camperdown apartment. However , we had a sour experience with one of your receptionists on saturday 10/12/11.

She was very rude to us. We have paid off our fees for the 13 day stay and she said that we havent paid in full amount the day before. We asked her to check it with one of her collegues ( a male receptionist who was very helpful) but did not do that.

She did not even make any calls to double check it and was so rude to us. We double checked it with another staff and we indeed paid off our fees. She was also not attentive.

I hope the quest apartment management will deal with this issue. It has ruined our nice stay in Sydney on our very last day.

• Stayed December 2011
4 Thank zagriz
Thank you for your feedback from your stay with us in December.

I am very sorry to hear that one of our Staff members was inattentive and unprofessional towards you during your stay. Your feedback has been taken onboard, the staff member has been advised of the complaint and we have taken measures to ensure our staff are always polite and professional towards our guests.

If you wish to discuss this further please do not hesitate to contact me directly on 02 9028 7900. We would love to accommodate you once more so if you are ever in need of accommodation in the Camperdown area again we would be delighted to have you stay.
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed December 4, 2011

I booked into Quest Camperdown with the expectation that I was booking into a serviced apartment on Missenden road. When I arrived I was told that I would be staying on busy Parramatta Road in their new building. I would never voluntarily stay on Parramatta Road however was looking forward to thier brand new facilities. When we checked in we discovered that the room was the size of a cupboard, I could sit on the bed to do the dishes in the sink and infact sitting on the bed was the only place to sit with them only providing one chair, one glass, one set of shampoo etc. When we had distinctly booked for two people. No stretch of the imagination could call this placed a serviced apartment, it had no table, no cooking facilities bar a microwave, it was mearly an increadibly pokey hotel room. The only positive was that it was clean, and you would hope so considering it was brand new. I definately do not recommend staying here as a couple looking for a nice place to stay for a short holiday in Sydney.

Room Tip: Ask for a large room
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Megan16112011
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed November 19, 2011

I have a receipt from Wotif for a booking for four nights accommodation with the Quest Apartments at 23 Missenden Road Camperdown New South Wales. On arrival I was advised that I was booked into their new apartments 200m down the road. This site has fewer facilities e.g. no gymnasium and their car park is in the open air 100 m down the road and your car is at higher risk. The people checking ahead of me had been similarly misled.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business