“Manly to the Spit”

13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Manly to the Spit”
Reviewed October 12, 2012

I have done this walk once 10kms, it was one of the best walks we have every had in our lives. The scenery, coves, beaches were all phenomenal. The views were breathtaking. We are going back in February and hope to go while we are there.

One thing I did like about the walk, there were plenty of bathrooms along the route, you can take your bathers and go swimming, paddling whichever takes your fancy.

Last time we went to Sydney in 2009 November we did walk a bit of the route and we got mobbed by a bird, it was nesting but we will never forget it, I might add it didn't do any harm, we just had a good time and made the walk that we had more memorable.

My husband did say at the end of the walk "why did we walk to a bridge which opens for the boats?" I replied "did you not notice the views, the scenery, the beaches etc?" He got then why it was important to go. Walk it, experience it then you will know what I am saying. Happy walking people!

Visited November 2011

10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Manly to Shelley Beach”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

A pleasant walk along side the water with seating provided in the shade of trees. Children riding their bikes, mothers with babies out for a stroll and tourists like us just taking in the breathtaking views of the coastline.

Visited September 2012
Sydney
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“My favourite Sunday morning running route”
Reviewed October 10, 2012 via mobile

I shouldn't be saying this because it should be kept a secret to avoid having so many people on the track, but that would be a very selfish thing to do, since it is amazing and one of the best ways to truly appreciate this beautiful city.

I usually run this track from The Spit to Manly, approx 9km or 18km return with lots of hills and stairs to really work my legs! (Great place to train for a marathon) but don't worry, you can also take your time to enjoy the bush walk with a lot of rest stops through out with AMAZING views:) it is my absolute favourite place in Sydney. Take water, maybe even pack some lunch, there's a lot of places where you can have a picnic that's really private and have uninterrupted view of the harbour. Enjoy it, and please have some courtesy to let runners pass;)

Santiago, Chile
43 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 63 helpful votes
“One of the many ways to enjoy Sydney coast”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

If the coastal walk is not enough a ferry or bus can take you to Manly, where walking on the scenic walkway will give you more great views and a relaxing day in a very easy hike. Stop at the bathroom, it will entertain you ;)

Visited October 2012
Nashville, Tennessee
511 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 804 helpful votes
“Must go to Manly!”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Manly is beautiful anytime of the year. It is well worth the trip...take the ferry! Tip: On Sunday's there is a family rate for the ferry.

Visited September 2012