“My fave hotel in Sydney”

The Grace Hotel Sydney
Ranked #19 of 178 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed May 13, 2010

My boyfriend and I stayed here most recently for our 2 yr anniversay, in a nicer room than usual (one of the cnr rooms) which we booked for a reduced rate on wotif. We love the Grace, and the 2 times we stayed other places in Sydney we were really disappointed. Everytime I have stayed at the Grace, the room has been gorgeous, clean and comfortable. I have stayed in a twin room with my mother there before as well (my first stay) and that was just as fantastic. For a place with good location, beautiful rooms and a fair price, the Grace is a wonderful hotel.

2  Thank awful_in_aqua86
There are newer reviews for The Grace Hotel Sydney

Reviewed May 8, 2010

I booked this hotel through wotif secret hotel (with a very good rate) for a business trip with my partner. From our previous experience with screte 4 or 5 star hotels through wotif, we usually get the most basic room because of the rate we paid. Offer at Grace hotel was more than our expectations! We were given a huge room with a king bed. We realy really enjoyed every minute of our stay.
1. Location. Perfect. Pitt Street mall & QVB are just 1 block away. Darling Harbour and Circular quay is 10 min stroll. The hotel is a boutique heritage building and is very nicely decorated giving you a early 1900 feel.
2. Room. We were given a large room with modern facilities. LCD TV, large comfortable king size bed. Good selection of tea and coffee making facilities. We were facing the inside of the building and was extremely peaceful and quiet. A small sofa with a good selection of magazines to relax.
3. Unfortunately we did not have time to visit the gym and the pool. Will try next time.
4. Service. Friendly, efficient staff and concierge.
5. I recommend not to drive. The hotel has limited number of parking spaces costing $40 per 24 hours.

We enjoyed every single minute of our stay at Grace Hotel.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank CanberraTourist
Reviewed May 3, 2010

Ideally located, handy for both Darling harbour, Circular Quay & public transport, comfortable hotel, looks very much like an old department store - ala "Are you being served" ( UK TV program of old) , enjoyed PJ O'Brians bar & restuarant- only minus side being internet was pricy - although pretty common in Australia

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Rogandrose C
Reviewed April 29, 2010

The location is great in the center especially for shopping. Bed is very comfortable. The building is very stylish and beautiful.

2  Thank Iseagull
Reviewed April 26, 2010

What a great hotel in the heart of Sydney, with easy access to the shopping domain of sydney, trains are a block away, and a little further is circular quay. The restaurants in and around Darling Harbour are a must.

This is the third time I have stayed at the Grace Hotel and still have not been wanting for anything. The service, reception, cleanliness is all what you would get in a five star. If you away for a relaxing weekend, well do yourself a favour and pamper yourself to the Grace Hotel.... mmmm the beds are great.

Obviously you pay for the location, but it is well worth it, did I mention all the good restaurants in and around Darling Harcbour and Cockle Bay, additionally the markets at the Rocks are good to browse over.

Would have no problems in returning to the Grace Hotel

2  Thank Brisflip
Reviewed April 15, 2010

Stayed at this hotel to attend a friend's wedding on the day, and I had requested numerous times over the phone for guaranteed early check-in, however none of the staff would budge unless I booked for the night before as well. So I turned up on the day fully expecting to be denied check-in at my requested time, however to my surprise (and luck) they had a room all ready for me when I arrived. Very impressed!

Reading previous reviews, many users said something about the deep bath and it being difficult to get in/out of. However I didn't find the bath to be any different to other hotels to be honest, and certainly wasn't deep or large enough to fit any large-sized men as I would have thought from the reviews. Maybe it's just the room I had?

I got a room with a "king sized bed", which I quite enjoyed. It wasn't until next morning that I realised it was one of those "two single beds pushed together" king sized beds. The bed had thick layer of bedding on top, which certainly made the difference.

Other than the price (I would have never paid the going-rate for the room), my only complaint is that the room was really lacking in lighting. There was pretty much no way you could read at night unless you sat right below the lamp. It certainly made the mood more intimate, but not very practical in my opinion.

And lastly, I highly recommend the "Express Beauty Bar" downstairs in the hotel. They can do quick and inexpensive makeup on the go, and the staff are really friendly.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank csg001
Reviewed April 14, 2010

This is a lovely and I found the reviews very helpful in choosing it! The hotel itself is a restored 1930's building, well located within walking distance of all the lovely sights of Sydney. Lovely quiet rooms and very comfy and a great breakfast buffet too.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple