7,241 results
All reviews darling harbour great location art deco irish pub beautiful hotel central location queen victoria building room service the heart of the city within walking distance pitt street mall room was spacious wynyard station good size business trip buffet breakfast public transport
Reviewed October 14, 2018

Bed was very comfortable. Overall a good stay except for when I had a bite of mouldy cheese and biscuits from the fridge - 2 months out of date. When checking out there was no apology and made me feel as if I was just trying to get a freebie as I refused to pay for it.

• Trip type: Traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
3  Thank clareweate
Reviewed October 14, 2018 via mobile

Stayed one night to attend a function in the CBD. Beautifully restored older building that’s retained its historical charm. Our room was spacious and comfortable. The room amenities were modern and clean. The buffet breakfast had a vast variety of choices. I was aware from other reviews that parking at the hotel is expensive so I chose a nearby CBD car park. Would definitely return.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 13, 2018

Don't stay here if you are a smoker. Don't stay here if you don't like being ripped off.Don't use the parking (Which you pay for) as you then can't access you vehicle (they keep your keys). In the country parking at a Hotel for free is a given. Staff are lovely, but the place is a total rip off.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed October 13, 2018 via mobile

I would definitely bring my family back here again!
The building is old but in a classy and elegant way and the customer service was awesome.
-Vast variety of options for the buffet breakfast. I haven’t come across this huge breakfast in other Sydney hotels in awhile.
-Carpark available, they were really helpful.
ROOMS
-Super comfy bed & fluffy pillows.
-Very clean
-minibar
-Provide iron & board
-small complimentary bodywash, shampoo,conditioner,showercap provided.
-surprised that we also recieved complimentary bottle of wine too!
LOCATION
- 7minute walk to Darling Harbour
-7minute walk to Westfield & Shopping centre
- Lots of eatery’s nearby.
-10-15min walk to circular quay.
-minutes walk from the train & bus stations.
-Nextdoor is the BEST italian pasta restaurant!!!!!! must try

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed October 11, 2018 via mobile

I booked online and never imagined I’d be staying in a place where windows are only ornamental ... apparently for security reasons you can’t open any windows in any room. For me, this wrecked my stay entirely - and I truly wish I’d been warned . Rooms feel stale, and I am guessing that to “freshen” chemical fresheners are used to maintain an illusion of clean air.

It’s a nice enough hotel for someone who’s simply sleeping at the end of a day, but if you’re spending any time in the room it’s not pleasant.
It feels severely claustrophobic.

Be warned you’ll pay almost $20 to use the guest laundry. I found that a deeply offensive price given we spent nearly $1000 for 3 nights in this tank.

Additional issues include massive wait times to call the hotel to book, plus, the TV dubbing was out the entire time. So once again, if you want to watch a movie or something to relax, that’s a ruined experience also.

All in all I can’t get out of here fast enough.

On the positive - the room service meals were excellent. Staff were friendly and helpful. If you could understand them..

Trip type: Traveled as a couple