“Free upgrade, Yes please!”

Travelodge Hotel Sydney Wynyard
Ranked #97 of 181 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed March 18, 2014

My boyfriend and I were upgraded to a room with a balcony and a king bed (although not very comfortable it is always nice to have the extra room!), which was a lovely addition to our first weekend away together. The hotel is a stones throw from Wynyard station which came in very handy! Also no more then a 10 minute walk to both Circular Quay and Cockle Bay Wharf. Staff were friendly, Check-in and Check-out were easy. I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
SM_McKinnon, Manager at Travelodge Hotel Sydney Wynyard, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2014

Dear BlaireLauren

Thank you for taking the time to share the feedback on your recent stay. Whilst we can’t always offer complimentary upgrades it is very pleasing when we hear that our gesture of goodwill was very much appreciated! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Hotel Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (5,236)

Reviewed March 18, 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights following a flight from the UK on a room only basis. Hotel is next to station that connects with airport - easy journey. We arrived late evening, check in very easy. Room clean and comfortable and a reasonable size. We had a huge bed which was very comfortable. About 10 mins easy walk from harbour front.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Helen256

Dear Helen256,

Thank you for the feedback on your recent stay with us. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed March 16, 2014

Reception staff was friendly, but not very helpful. I only found out about 30 minutes free internet in the Lobby on my last night. As well my credit card was charged upon check-in without telling me even tough I did mention that I wanted to pay cash. Breakfast was downright unhygenic and most platters were empty at around 9:30 hrs and wouldn't be refilled. Andrew (Minibar and breakfast service) was among the rudest persons I've encountered in a long time and somebody should tell him that guests actually pay his salary. If you can pay a few bucks more and stay at The Menzies directly across.

Room Tip: 16th floor did havwe a nice view
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Janina J

Dear Janina J,

Thank you for the feedback on your recent stay with us. I am concerned to hear your feedback in relation to our service delivery and Breakfast in particular. Whilst I know that breakfast can get very busy during peak periods I can confidently advise that we uphold the highest in hygiene standards and would be interested to hear of any specific incidents which gave you this opinion? I am sorry that you felt that one of our team members was not providing great service; Andrew is a long serving team member and was mortified to hear that you had this perception. Please accept my apologies on his behalf.

Reviewed March 14, 2014

I stayed here one night due to work having to put me up in a hotel room (I was working late and needed to be up early the next morning).

On the plus side: the location is good. Furthermore, though I had limited contact with the staff, they did seem to be attentive and did their best to make our stay pleasant.

Unfortunately, the room itself wasn't up to scratch. The room was incredibly dark (with no natural light at all), which made it seem much smaller than it really was. The room didn't feel particularly clean either, and as a result, the hotel stay wasn't particularly enjoyable at all in the slightest. The next day, I asked my secretary how much the firm had forked out for the room, and I was quite surprised at how expensive the room had been. So in terms of value for money, the room was certainly not worth the money.

I would recommend that people stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Thalius

Dear Thalius

Thank you for the feedback on your recent stay with us. Whilst I am delighted that you were happy with our central location I am disappointed that you were not completely satisfied with your room. I must encourage all guests to speak to the service team at the property if they are not satisfied in any way during your stay, this will enable the team to find a solution and ensure that your time with us is as enjoyable as possible.

Reviewed March 14, 2014

What can I say? I wasn't expecting much since it was a Travelodge, but was pleasantly surprised. The service is super, and the location is hard to beat! Nice rooms, and a recently updated lobby and restaurant. It's an older high rise hotel, so the rooms are a bit smaller than current standards, but they are freshly updated. Recommended!

Room Tip: Pick a room on a high number floor for great city views.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank hsmithjr

Dear hsmithjr,

Reviewed March 11, 2014

Amazing service
We had amazing service
Service was amazing
Service after midnight was amazing at the bar
Xoxoxooxoxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxo

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
SM_McKinnon, Manager at Travelodge Hotel Sydney Wynyard, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2014

Dear Arvind A

Thank you for your feedback. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed March 10, 2014

The benefit of this hotel was that it was in an almost perfect location situated just 100 metres from the station on the main line to the airport.....and chosen for that reason. it is also within easy walking distance of the main attractions around the harbour. The hotel itself is pretty non-descript...a travellers' hotel with average rooms, it has a good laundry and restaurant...but didn't eat there ..but might have done if I'd been on a tighter budget. Overall nothing to write home about but it did what it says on the can ....provided good value accommodation in a good location.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear njhharrogate

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Travelodge. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.