“Very happy”

Ranked #94 of 174 Hotels in Sydney
Moorabbin, Vic
“Very happy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2013

This hotel was very close to my work and to Wynyard Station so it has very easy access to the airport. The room itself had everything I needed and it was a good size. The bed was comfortable and best of all the room was very quiet so overall I had a very enjoyable 3 night stay.

Room Tip: My room was 1314 and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank BaysideTraveller
SM_McKinnon, Manager at Travelodge Hotel Sydney Wynyard, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Dear Bayside Traveller,

Thank you for the feedback on your recent stay. We are delighted that you enjoyed your time with us and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Sean McKinnon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (349)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2013

The location is perfect! direct at the beginning of the York street, close to the main street ( george street) and the queen victoria shopping centre..
Just a 10 min walk to circular quay and 1o mins to darling harbour.

We had a 3 people room.
The only thing was the really small bathroom.
Everything was clean, we got new coffee,tea and sugar every day with the room service.
The rooms aren't hughe but it's enough just to sleep there.
The food in the restaurant in the lodge is okay, nothing special.
I really would come back to this special place.
The staff all were friendly.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear kleenaMax,

Beijing, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2013

everything is wonderful,especially the location and service. the manager Mos was very helpful and nothing was too much for him. He looked after us very well. In a word, this is a great value for money hotel. We had 8 rooms and they were very spacious and comfortable. We recommend this hotel for unbeatable value and great service

Room Tip: Any room is good
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
SM_McKinnon, Manager at Travelodge Hotel Sydney Wynyard, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
Dear liu y

Thank you for the feedback from your recent stay with us. I am delighted that you have highlighted one of our team members for their efforts in terms of customer service. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Falkirk, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2013

This is a budget hotel that ticks all the boxes. Its main advantage is its location to all the major Sydney sites....The Rocks, Harbour Bridge, Opera House, Central Business District, Shopping, Darling Harbour are all <15 minutes walk from its front door. Rooms aren't huge and neither is the bathroom but its clean and functional. We also used the restaurant which was surprisingly good.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear TartanTeddyBear

Thank you for your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Sean
Hamburg, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2013

Nice hotel with standard rooms. Not highend quality but very good located. Only a few minutes walk to The Rocks, the Harbour Bridge and Circular Quay with the Opera House. The breakfast buffet was average.

Room Tip: Möglichst weit oben und zur York Street raus wegen besserer Sicht.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Shearwater2013

Thank you for your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Sean
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2013

Stayed here for 16 nights and found it to be a good centre for train travel from Wynyard Station. Also handy for the ferries from Circular Quay which was just a short walk away. The interior is beginning to look a little worn and in need of a lick of paint. The room on the 15th floor was basic yet quiet. Our bathroom could have been cleaner, with a brown stain around the bath under the shower shield and a dark brown stain under the toilet rim. A note how to work the shower would be helpful too. Good laundry facilities on the 21st floor, although excessive use meant machines broke down quite often. Some Reception staff, especially Henry Porter, were extremely helpful. Andrew in the breakfast room was always pleasant and helpful.

Room Tip: Rooms at the rear of the building are quieter as those in the front face a busy road. However, the...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Fogson,

Thank you for the feedback on your recent stay with us. I am sorry that your bathroom was not upto scratch on this occasion however you enjoyed your stay overall. Thank you for highlighting our team members for their efforts in terms of customer service, it is much appreciated.

South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2013

Stayed at the Wynyard Travelodge for the 5th time and cannot fault it once more. Its a great value for money hotel in the Best location I think. Because I travel on business, I need to get quick and easy access to the trains in order to get to all my appointments. And with the Wynyard station just below the Travelodge, it doesnt get more convenient than that. I always contact the hotel directly to make my booking and they always try to offer you the best rate then. And I even got an upgrade! And just to prove how effecient the staff are, after checking into my room I noticed the Aircon was very weak and did not cool the room enough. On my way out to quickly get dinner at the next door Chinese restaurant I asked reception if they would get maintenance to my room to check out the aircon. By the time I had ordered & fetched my take away chinese and got back to my room, maintenance had already been there, fixed the aircon and left me a note to advise me it was working again.
I cannot fault the Travelodge, service is great, and the price you pay is reasonable for a city centre hotel in Sydney. I will definately see Travelodge Wynyard again next year when I visit Sydney.

Room Tip: Ask for a York street view and any room above floors 14 to avoid the street noise. And ofcourse requ...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank MonicaVW
SM_McKinnon, Manager at Travelodge Hotel Sydney Wynyard, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Dear MonicaVW

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. It is always very encouraging for the team and I to receive such positive reviews and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Sean McKInnon