“great location”

Ranked #94 of 177 Hotels in Sydney
birmingham
“great location”
Reviewed June 12, 2008

stayed here for 1 night only during my whistle stop trip to Sydney. Arrived before mid day expecting to have to wait to check-in & was pleased when told my room was ready. Reception staff were quick, friendly & efficient. Room was clean & adequate, views were of buildings but I didn't book this hotel for views. Location was brilliant, walking distance to the Rocks, Circular Quay, the harbour etc couldn't fault it. Would recommend this for travellers who want a clean, well located hotel for a reasonable pricewould certainly stay here again.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (358)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Perth
Reviewed June 2, 2008

Nothing to complain about with this hotel. Great location, walked everywhere!

Go and climb the bridge its worth the money and not scary at all.

• Liked — Central Location
  • Disliked — No view
  • Stayed December 2005, traveled solo
Wiltshire
Reviewed May 20, 2008

We stayed here for 3 nights stopover arriving very early in the morning after a flight from Singapore. The room was immediately available and it was a suite with a separate sitting room and a bath in the bathroom!Good facilities for the price. We were on the top floor and had great views over the city. The laundry was in the process of being moved to make way for a gym.Check in was smooth and friendly and room service was quick and efficient. The location is really handy for Circular Quay and Darling Harbour and only a few minutes to the train station which also has food stalls and a supermarket.We had a really enjoyable stay and thoroughly recommend this hotel.

• Liked — spacious room well decorated and equipped
  • Disliked — liked it all
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
Folkestone, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 19, 2008

I stayed at the Travelodge Wynyard Sydney for 4 nights last year and was extremely pleased with my stay. Check in was quick and efficient, the room was good, the staff were friendly and the location was great.

So first the location. The hotel is only minutes from shops and opposite a starbucks for anybody thats like me and needs a caffeine fix in the morning. It's only 10 minutes walk from the Harbour Bridge, Bridge Climb, Circular Quay and the explorer bus departure point. It's only a few minutes further from the Opera House which was convenient as I had an afternoon departure so just did a tour of the opera house in the morning then back to the hotel for departure. It's not far to walk to Darling Harbour, The Sydney Aquarium and Sydney Tower too so I'd highly recommend this hotel for the location. I didn't use public transport but it was pretty closeby too.

The room was good. So if you're looking for a luxurious 5 star room this probably wont be for you. It was just a good, clean, tidy room in a city hotel with everything I needed in it. The view out of my room was onto the Sydney streets. There wasn't a harbour view from my particular room but there were from some on higher floors from what I understand. This didn't bother me as I was there to experience the city so wasn't in my room much during the day.

The hotel was being rennovated when I stayed there but this didnt affect me at all. There was the occasional bit of dust coming through the front doors if you stood by them but this was to be expected and I never noticed any dust in the lobby so they must have kept it clean. There was scaffolding outside but this didn't affect the view from the rooms at all and I didn't hear any noise from the work going on and no smells or any other problems which people have mentioned in other reports.

There was only one problem that I found during my stay - they were occasionally short staffed. I left my luggage with the porter after checking out as I had an afternoon departure and when I went back to collect it I had to wait a little while for it, for example. However in that case the staff were appologetic and the first available staff member went to get it from the secure room for me. She had trouble carrying it as she was only small - but she didn't say no and was pleased to be able to help.

So to round up - a good, fairly priced hotel with friendly staff in a good location for those not wishing to spend unnecessary extra money for a lap of luxury or the view of a lifetime.

• Liked — The location - it was just minutes from everything
  • Disliked — They were occasionally short staffed but this did not present a problem
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled solo
Adelaide
Reviewed May 9, 2008

My daughter and I had the pleasure of staying here for 4 nights as my husband couldn't get away from work. The room was more than adequate. Very clean, very warm, internet access - everything we needed. We didn't have any problems during our stay, so had no need to bother the front desk. Our luggage was stored for us on the day we departed, and Greg hailed us a taxi for our trip to the airport. The hotel is such a perfect location, we were able to walk everywhere - Bridge, Harbour, Cirular Quay, Sydney Tower, Luna Park, Darling Harbour, and had an absolute ball walking and sightseeing. The train, if needed, is only 2 mins from the Hotel - Perfect!! If we come back to Sydney, we will definitely stay here again. Even with a small amount of renovating going on (our room was recently refurbished) it was still a great place to stay. Staff were helpful with maps, knowledge etc. Housekeeping were fantastic. Hope to see you all again soon!!

• Liked — Location, Location, Location
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank glenlan
Pattaya, Thailand
Reviewed May 6, 2008

Just Returned from a 3 week Holiday in Ausralia.12 April to 1 st May 08 Our first visit..
! week Melbourne and Area. Great.
1 week Travelodge Wyngard Sydney, very good for location,
Rooms better than I expected,ask for the back as quieter..Very busy place with tours coming and going. Breakfast buffet very good but expensive 20au$ pp. Plenty of other places nearby.
Much to do and see in Sydney.The Sydney Explorer Bus to Watsons Bay/Gap Great views,( the famous Fish and Chips!, Rubbish) then to Bondi.Very disappointed,but the walk around the headland toTamarama and Bronte Beach was the Highlight.Good day out.
3rd week to Port Douglas, Bueatiful. Clean, Green,open spaces,only 3 storey buildingsMax. The trip to the Barrier Reef great.We went on the Poseidon boat,wow what service,good food and really looked after.Nothing was too much trouble for the staff.Stayed at the Macossan House.just back of the main street.
Very good clean apartment.highly recommended.

1 Thank Barry-Jang
Solihull, England
Reviewed May 5, 2008

My wife and I spent 4 days here while exploring Sydney. We were very happy with the location (both harbours, bridge climb, shopping etc were easily accessible) but like other reviewers we had some reservations about the hotel facilities.
Although staff tried to be very helpful, there were often just too few of them trying to service too many guests. The hotel was in the middle of a refurbishment so the lifts were often locked off by the builders causing massive delays and the place was dusty and covered with scaffolding downstairs.
The room was fine but very tired.

If ever they finish the makeover (and don't hike up the prices as a result) it could be a great value place to stay.

Meanwhile - get a refurbised room on a high floor and enjoy the walks.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Work in Progress
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple