“Fabulous Location and Great Value”

Travelodge Hotel Sydney Wynyard
Ranked #95 of 175 Hotels in Sydney
Wollongong, Australia
“Fabulous Location and Great Value”
Reviewed November 10, 2012

Location Location Location. You can't go wrong with choosing Travelodge Wynard as your preferred hotel for a Sydney city stay.

Boasting a Central location to the city's major attractions and conveniently situated near Wynard Station, I found this hotel to be everything it proclaims to be.

Secure Parking was conveniently located in the same building leaving both my daughter and I feeling quite safe as we made our way to the lifts, bound for reception. We found all staff members, that we dealt with, to be extremely friendly, attentive and courteous. I was even pleasantly surprised when I was greeted by a staff member that I passed down the street, and they had already finished their shift!

The room itself was a reasonable size and presentation was excellent. Bathrooms were also very clean and well equipped. Beds were comfortable with good linen. Tea and coffee making facilities and all our basic needs at our disposal.

Like most inner Sydney hotels the views are of mainly of other buildings which we found quite interesting to observe the architecture and very pretty watching them light up at night. The windows also have block out shutters and air conditioning worked well. Whilst we didn't actually have an opportunity to dine in the restaurant or cafe the option is available to all guests as is the internet cafe.

Sydney is a busy city so expect some traffic noise at any time of the day. I can honestly say I had a really good's night sleep and a enjoyable stay, even without using all the facilities available to me as a guest. Definitely value for money.

I would highly recommend staying at the Travelodge Wynard and I am already looking forward to our next stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank uandmejustus2
vfaisca, Manager at Travelodge Hotel Sydney Wynyard, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Dear earvela,

Thank you very much for your recent stay at the hotel. I would also like to thank you for taking your time to share your feedback with us.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel as well as the location and, very pleased to hear that the friendly staff lived up to your expectations and that you will return to stay with us again.

Once again, thank you very much for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again soon.

Please feel free to contact me on your arrival, as I would personally like to thank you for your comments.

Victor Faisca

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (352)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Rotherham, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Centrally located, 15 minutes steady walking to Central Quays, Bridge and Opera House although some slight hills to negotiate. Good sized comfortable room. Ample places to eat nearby. Did not eat in hotel restaurant so can't comment.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Mal3011
Dear Mal3011,

Thank you very much for taking your time to leave your wonderful feedback regarding your recent stay with us.

I am delighted to hear that you are impressed with the comfortable accommodation.

Once again, thank you for your great feedback, and we will always look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed November 6, 2012

I must say that Sydney hotels which rates start from A$180++ are not budget friendly compared to hotels in places that I have ever been to, not to mention that rates are usually exclusive of wifi and breakfast. The closer you’d be at Harbour, the higher it will get. Thanks to Travelodge Wynyard who gave us an opportunity to walk minimal distance and enjoy the famous Sydney Opera House and Harbour every night at a very good rate. Booked the hotel online and was able to catch the 20% discount (yey!); this rate is cancelable but must book early.

Nothing beats the rate and location of this hotel - it is right next to Wynyard Station, a station which connects you to almost every metro lines of Sydney and also offers an array of food chains and groceries, 10-15minutes walk to Sydney Opera House, The Rocks, and Harbour, bus stops for the city free shuttle and Hop-on Hop-off shuttle are also located nearby. I’d also like to commend their staffs for the service provided – I was immediately replied through e-mail when inquired about child policy and I believe we were also assisted in best possible ways during our stay. It is a basic hotel with adequate room size and bath, as for standard room; it is provided with couch, table and chair, small fridge, kettle, safety locker, iron and board. However, rooms may be improved with slight refurbishment (changing the carpet perhaps?) as my husband and son started sneezing as soon as we arrived which prompted us to call house keeping for a quick vacuum, but without disappointment, their staff arrived in no time. Nevertheless, it is a hotel that is sufficient and convenient.

Room Tip: Hardly a noise is heard at 10th floor.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank SRLacson
Dear SRLacson,

Thank you for your recent stay at the Travelodge Wynyard, I would also like to thank you for taking your time to leave your feedback with us.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and that the friendly staff exceeded your expectations.

Your feedback has been passed on to the Executive Housekeeper who has asked me to pass on his apologies for the dusty room. We are now in the process of re-training all the supervisors, so we can have the same high clean standard across all our hotel rooms.

Once again, thank you very much for sharing your great feedback with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again soon.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Great location and friendly staff. Stayed on a Sunday night so guests were mainly tourists. Very conveniently located within walking distance of the CBD, Opera House, The Rocks, Darling Harbour, The Harbour Bridge, China Town, the Botanical Gardens etc.

My room and bathroom were a bit tired but for the price for a hotel in central Sydney I wasn't complaining. My room was located on the 16th floor and was very quiet. Didn't eat at the restaurant so can't comment. They offer underground parking at very resonable rates which was a great bonus. Hassle free check-in and check-out.

Would say that this hotel is more for tourists and those on a budget than business travellers.

Would definately stay here again if the opportunity arose.

Room Tip: The higher up you are the less the noise from the traffic below.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Hagar_the_Horrible
Dear Hagar_the_Horrible,

Thank you very much for taking your time to share your thoughts and feedback with us, regarding your recent stay with us at the hotel.

I am pleased to hear you enjoyed the hotel and the location as many of our guests do. We would like to inform you that the hotel is constantly undergoing improvements.

Once again, thank you for sharing your feedback with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed November 3, 2012

This hotel is conveniently situated but that's were any positives end. The staff is less than helpful and one actually audibly groaned when I asked for directions. I'm positive that I was sleeping on the bed base rather than a mattress - it was ROCK hard and had a visible dip on one (the favoured) side and a massive ridge down the middle. The evening meals were ok, bistro style and quality. However the buffet breakfast was completely horrid. Cold coagulated eggs, cold overcooked bacon that resembled greasy cardboard and the pièce de résistance - cold under cooked sausages; old on the outside and slimy on the inside.
Needless to say I will not be staying again,

Room Tip: Rooms are reflected in the windows of the office building next door - make sure your curtains are co...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank JodeeHandley
vfaisca, Manager at Travelodge Hotel Sydney Wynyard, responded to this review, November 4, 2012
Dear JodeeHandley

Thank you for taking the time to provide your valuable review.

I'm surprised at your comment in regards to guest service as we consistently receive positive feedback of our team. Please accept my apologies for this and I will ensure the team is briefed on this incident to prevent it occurring moving forward.

In regards to the bedding we are undergoing a replacement of our bedding at the moment so I'm sure this matter will be resolved quickly. My apologies as it seems you did not enjoy a good night's sleep. We always encourage our guests to report any issue immediately so we can ensure that the issue is dealt with swiftly and the stay can be enjoyable. In this case we could have room moved you or replaced the mattress.

I will pass on your comments in regards to the food to our Food & Beverage department and Head Chef so we can monitor and ensure our quality improves in this area.

I understand your experience was not a positive one but I can assure that what you mention does not reflect our service standards so I hope you can give us an opportunity next time you visit Sydney.

Please feel free to contact me directly if you would like to discuss this matter further.

Kind regards,
Hotel Manager

Travelers are raving about these Sydney hotels

Delhi
Reviewed October 29, 2012

I stayed at this Hotel for 14 days during my official trip. Its a Good Hotel and at a great commercial location where you get access to all places easily. 10m Wynyard Station, walking distance for Darling Harbor. It is not much other than a Hotel where you goto sleep and move on but yes with very almost no complaints. Rooms are nice but short with small washrooms. Do confirm bookings coz it is one of the busy hotel in the location and you may loose your confirmation.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank DelhiRockstar
Dear DelhiRockstar,

Thank you very much for your review.

I'm please you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back when you next return to Sydney.

Kind regards
Perth
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Have stayed a few times and the location and convenience in getting to hotel from the airport by train is great. Rooms are ok and clean. Room service is of good quality as is the restaurant. Staff helpful.
Would recommend this hotel.

Don't think they have pool or spa but can't remove rating.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Bob6282
vfaisca, Manager at Travelodge Hotel Sydney Wynyard, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Dear Bobbali99

Thank you very much for your positive feedback.

I will pass your comments on to our Food & Beverage team who will be delighted to hear you enjoyed your meals.

Look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind regards