“Great location and good rooms”

Travelodge Hotel Sydney Wynyard
Ranked #98 of 186 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed September 1, 2012

We stayed here on the first leg of our trip to Australia in August. Arrived at 6am so couldn't check in but they took our bags and let us take a shower upstairs, which was good. Room was typical Travelodge but nice and clean, good shower, TV and a decent view. Location was superb- right by the station and also within walking distance of everything. Not sure why there's a lot of negative reviews about the customer service- no complaints here and would stay here again!

Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jennyonthemove
vfaisca, Manager at Travelodge Hotel Sydney Wynyard, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2012

Dear jennyonthemove

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor.

We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us and I will be sharing your comments with our team.

Look forward to welcoming you back to Travelodge Wynyard.

Hotel Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (5,383)

Reviewed August 29, 2012

This hotel's location is hard to beat. Walkable from Wynyard Station which is on the Airport line, so now need for cars. Its a short walk to Circular Quay, the Rocks, the Bridge, the Opera House, Darling Harbour and Martin Place the retail centre. Its a slightly longer walk to Paddy's Market and inner suburbs, but worth the walk.

The staff were really helpful, warm and friendly, nothing was too much trouble.

Room Tip: Go for a higher floor, great views.
1  Thank Erin M

Dear Erin M

Thank you for your positive feedback, we really appreciate it.

It was great to read you loved our location and the friendly staff and we hope you will stay here again next time you are in Sydney.

Reviewed August 21, 2012

By hotel standards this is an average hotel. What makes it very good is its location. It is a very easy walk to Darling Harbour, the Rocks and Circular Quay and many nearby attractions. It is also is right on Wynyard Station which gives you a direct link the Sydneys rail network and the domestic and international airports. For the location you can get a room at a good price. Our room was nice, clean and comfortable although the bathroom was a little on the small side. Staff were good and helpful. Despite being 7 floors up and having shutters on the windows the traffic noise kept me awake at night. My only real complaint is the expensive cost of wifi and cable internet access. Wifi should be free and this can be easily managed by limiting traffic flow, etc.

Room Tip: Away from the road if possible and as high as you can go.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Yelwah

Dear Yelwah,

Thank you for your review, we appreciate the time you have taken to write it and I will share your feedback with our team.

With regards to internet prices the hotel uses a third party provider therefore our pricing is driven by the costs we are charged.

I am pleased to hear that you found our location convenient and we hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed August 21, 2012

We bought a "deal" that included breakfast for this hotel. Its main virtue is that it is in the centre of the city almost directly above Wynyard station which is 20 mins from the airport. We had booked a standard queen room and when we arrived we were told "you have been upgraded to an executive suite". Hold the excitement as this turned out to be a room with a queen and single bed and very little space to move. The furnishings were dated and in need of a refurb. Hardly an executive suite. Having said that we were very comfortable and the breakfast was excellent sitting by the window watching the city come to life. Our bus home left from outside so we had an easy trip home.

Room Tip: We were on floor 14 and heard very little city noise.
2  Thank Whitehavengirl43

Whitehavengirl43

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

In regards to your upgrade, our team member must to have explained themselves properly which I apologise for. Our Executive rooms are located on the higher floors of the hotel and have a view of the city but in terms of size are the same as the Guest rooms on lower floors. We do not have any Executive suites. Once again, my apologies.

I will share your feedback in regards to breakfast with the team and I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

A last minute change to my itinerary brought me to the Travelodge Wynyard and I am really pleased that I made the change. A superb location for a visit to Sydney, a two minute stroll to the buses and trains to get around the city. The room was excellent, met all my needs. Clean, comfortable bed, excellent bathroom and power shower. The onsite restaurant was handy but service was not always brilliant- on one occasion I had to wait for 35 minutes after being seated for someone to come and take my order! However the food was good quality and reasonably priced for Sydney. The reception staff were brilliant, a special mention for Brendon- he was really helpful and welcoming. A good ambassador for the hotel. Will definitely be staying here again on my next trip to Sydney and would highly recommend it to others.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Vince H

Dear Vince H

Thank you very much for you positive feedback.

I will share your comments with our team and especially with Brendon who will be thrilled you enjoyed your stay. Our Restaurant Manager will also brief the team in regards to your comments on where we failed to impress.

Look forward to welcoming you back to the Travelodge Wynyard.

Reviewed August 19, 2012

Travelodge is a great place to stay overall ! being on york street, is just perfect, as I flew down from Brisbane with no car. I walked everywhere and used public transport (the nearest trainstation is wynyard which is less than 500 meters away!). Although train tickets are expensive and very confusing we managed. The hotel was a perfect size for me and my partner although little things could have been fixed to make the hotel just perfect (like simple fixing of grouting of tiles and cleaning of small mould or changing door hinges but none of that bothered me) bed was clean and so was the bathroom. Check in was easy and so was checking out. A very big recommendation is the restaurant and bar down stairs ( Citrus Grove) ! cheap but absolutly great! Would stay there again and recommend to all ! p.s I found no trouble with aircon or traffic noise

1  Thank Kala S
vfaisca, Manager at Travelodge Hotel Sydney Wynyard, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2012

Dear Kala S,

Thank you for your recent review. We always appreciate positive guest feedback and I will share yours with our team. I will pass on your comments to our Housekeeping team.

Look forward to welcoming you back to the Travelodge Wynyard

Reviewed August 19, 2012

Good value for money . Good location withing walking distance to Opera House , Harbor Bridge . Rooms very clean. Helpful staff. Very noisy from street traffic all night long.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
vfaisca, Manager at Travelodge Hotel Sydney Wynyard, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2012

The team at Travelodge Wynyard are delighted you enjoyed your stay. I would like to thank you for sharing this feedback with us.
I have passed your comments onto the team and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.
Kind Regards,