“Great facilities”

Rydges World Square Sydney Hotel
Ranked #64 of 181 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed June 15, 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights while on a business trip. The ammenities coudln't be faulted; indoor heated pool, spa, sauna and gym. The staff were friendly/prompt and the room was well sized.
It is located about 2 blocks from Central station, if you plan on going into the city, it would be worth booking somewhere closer to the harbour.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
ManagerWorldSquare, Manager at Rydges World Square Sydney Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2014

Hi MackayTraveller2
Thank you for your feedback however from the description of the location, swimming pool and sauna I think your stay was at our sister hotel the Rydges Sydney Central.
We are glad that you did enjoy your stay at a Rydges Hotel.

Ali Ulus

Write a ReviewReviews (2,132)

Reviewed June 13, 2014

Stayed here for one night during a recent stay in Sydney, Hotel is conveniently located and close to shops and restaurants but like most Hotels in Sydney way overpriced for the service received and quality of the room

Rooms are standard Rydges quality, small with even smaller bathroom and this one complete with noisy Air con that could not be adjusted so it was freezing. Rate did not include breakfast which I chose to buy but should have just went up the street because again it was way overpriced for what it was and not a lot of choice.

Hotel has a gym with some equipment but I went 50M up the street to Fit N Fast was a much better workout. Would stay elsewhere next time

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo

Hi Derek1971
I am sorry that we did not meet with your expectation on your last stay. The rates for central CBD hotels does differ from those which are not conveniently located in the heart of the city.
I would like to advisethat we are about to begin the refurbishment of our guest rooms and I hope that you will be able return and enjoy the comfort nd the new decor of our new guest rooms.
Thank ou for your feedback.

Reviewed June 12, 2014

Fantastic hotel, great room fantastic comfortable bed, well stocked mini bar. I have nothing but praise for the wonderful staff members from the front desk to the behind the scenes staff. I was a bit nervous about getting a taxi in the city each time I asked the gentleman at the front door he would get me a taxi within a minute tell the driver where I was going and help me in.
To my fantastic surprise I had a separate shower not one over a bath which being slightly disabled was a great relief. I was on floor 19 the traffic noise was a soft hum so didn't disturb me at all.
Breakfast was fantastic with a great selection.
I will definitely be staying here again it will be my go to hotel in the city.
Thank you to a wonderful staff for a fantastic stay.

Room Tip: Level 19 quite hum of city traffic
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Wendy K
ManagerWorldSquare, Manager at Rydges World Square Sydney Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2014

Hi Wendy K
Fantastic feedback and a fantastic stay. I am very pleased to hear that our staff members were attentive in every way to assist and ensure you had a fantastic stay.
Hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed June 11, 2014

Good size room, very comfortable bed. Needs an extra lounge chair but we went out instead of sitting around the room so who cares?

Nice bathroom, shower typically a bit on the small side but perfectly adequate.

Good room service. Basically no complaints.

Watch prices of course. My wife was there an extra week at a nearby conference and other conferences in town at the same time pushed prices through the roof. Can't blame the hotel of course - timing is everything.

Very nice stay and would use them again if staying in the city.

Room Tip: The front facing rooms can be a bit noisy from the street (Friday/Saturday), but it's the CBD so...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

Hi DrWhoAuckland,
Thank you for your feedback and your understanding regrding the rates structure within the CBD.
I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and our comfortable Rydges Dream Bed.

Reviewed June 10, 2014

Having stayed at the Rydges World Square a number of times this time our experience was not as good as before. The Hotel was very busy and we were placed into a One bedroom apartment on the 12th floor . It was corner room and we could hear a constant beat from the nightclub below. The air conditioner was very noisey and after some time it would rattle.The room was very dark .
We were looking forward to having a nice meal at the hotel only to discover that it was closed on a Sunday. A major Hotel on a very busy weekend should have their restaurant open.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

Hi Grant N
I am sorry for the inconvenience caused to you on your most recent stay and your comments regarding lighting is being followed up.
I am sure you are aware that from your previous stays that we do our utmost to ensure that our guests enjoy their stay. Unfortunately the noise from outside is beyond our control howver the issue of the rattle in room has been addressed.
Thank you for your feedback and I am sure that you will once again enjoy your stay on your next visit.

Reviewed June 9, 2014

based on a 3 days 2 nights stay for the weekend - 2 rooms, level 16.

Pros - good location

Cons - horrible toilet ventilation, different types of hairs and linens were on the served towels, both rooms were very dark, dusty, weak hair dryers, rooms were very very old...

Not worthy for $318 per night, better off staying in the opposite Ibis budget hotel or add a bit more for a better hotel..

very disappointed and terrible experience..

Room Tip: can get better hotels for that price.. check around..
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank ClemLu

Dear ClemLu,
Please accept my apology for the issues with the towels and I will follow it up with our contracted laundry supplier and I thank you for brining it to my attention.
I am pleased to advise that we are about to begin the refurbishment of our guest rooms and I hope that on your next visit your expectations will be met with our new look rooms.
Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed June 9, 2014

I was in Sydney for a workshop and decided to stay an extra night. So I walked down Pitt street and saw the Rydges Hotel. Went in to see if they had a room available for the night, it was about 5:30 pm. They gentleman at reception said they had a room at the standard price or if I wanted to wait till 8:30pm I could get a room at a discount and I could leave my bag with the Concierge and it would be taken to my room. Sounds good. Also in the reception area their was a large sign saying Rydges now has free internet. Great, I was going to check out Vivid and would put some pictures on Facebook when I get back. So when I came back I was told that they had to put me in a smaller room, but here is a free coffee voucher. The room was clean a bit worn out looking, but located at the rear of hotel and was very quiet. So I had a great sleep. Went to log on to internet free for the first 500 mob, then you could pay $22.00 for 3 gig :( why do Sydney hotels have such a problem with free internet , I have stayed overseas a number of times and have always received free internet with no limit.
So was it worth $150.00 for the night, with checking in at 8:30pm, most probably not. But the staff were excellent and very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business

Dear Tuna111,
I am pleased that you did take advantage of our late check in and can assure you that it would be difficult to find such a rate in any CBD hotel of same standard as us.It was pleasing to hear that the service from our staff met with your approval.
I hope that you will once again return for another stay when in Sydney next.