“Friendly staff & great location”

Rydges World Square Sydney Hotel
Ranked #62 of 181 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed April 6, 2014

The location was perfect, within walking distance of darling harbour and also Circular Quay. The staff where amazing and happy to help with everything. Had breakfast at the hotel which was one of the best buffet breakfasts I have seen at a hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
ManagerWorldSquare, Manager at Rydges World Square Sydney Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2014

Dear Sideshowrob04,
Our central location is an added bonus for our guests as it was with you. Pleasing also that our buffet breakfast exceeded your expectation.

Rydges World Square

Write a ReviewReviews (2,127)

Reviewed April 3, 2014

Location was handy to meetings I attended. Lots of great eats nearby and only a few blocks from bus or train to my other destinations. Upon arrival I was pleasantly surprised to find that I'd been upgraded to a 1 b'room suite which was comfortable and quiet even though I was on Pitt St side. The bed was supportive without being hard and the down pillows were welcome. Great bathrooms - I had 2 so my wife had her own bathroom :). Breakfast was enjoyable. All staff were friendly and eager to assist. Happy to stay here in future.

Room Tip: Choose rooms on highest floors & Ask for quiet room
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank LAR60

Dear Lar60,
Thank you for your feedback, our Rydges Dream Beds are always receive positive feedback and I am glad that you enjoyed the upgrade with an additional bathroom.
We hope to welcome you back again and appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed April 2, 2014

I stayed at the Rydges for a week in Feb 2014. Great location, with numerous eating choices at your door, and Town Hall station just a 5 minute walk away. Rooms are typically bland business style, but well equipped, comfy bed, fast (paid) internet and good selection of Foxtel TV channels.

Breakfast is pretty good: standard hot selection, but they have a barista making fresh coffees and have an excellent selection of dried fruits, cereals, yoghurts and nuts for a healthy brekky.

The front desk were very friendly and were very helpful when i needed to print & scan a couple of documents.

I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Quieter rooms are at the centre of the hotel - facing a lane so no view but nice & quiet.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Hello dbenne22,
Thank you for taking the time to give me your feedback.
I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed our services especiall our breakfast buffet service and variety on offer.
Thank you once again.

Reviewed March 31, 2014

We normally stay in a couple of blocks from Circular Quay, but in this instance, the hotels were priced to the extreme, so my wife booked the Rydges and we certainly weren't disappointed. Only one block from Museum Station (great to get from/to airport) and a leisurely 15 min walk to the Quay and this hotel is surrounded by better value cafes (for breakie) than you find in the centre of Sydney.Also, the building houses a major supermarket & a large selection of specialty shops, just one minute from hotel. The actual hotel rooms are more than adequate, clean & comfortable. Staff are very friendly & helpful. Only thing is the hotel is a popular venue for gatherings and was hosting a different conference/seminar each day for the three days we were there which filled the foyers with attendees sipping coffee & chatting, but no big deal. We will stay there again..

1  Thank Gary F
ManagerWorldSquare, Manager at Rydges World Square Sydney Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2014

Hi Gary,
Thank you for taking the time to give me your feedback. I am very pleased that you were not disappointed with your recent stay at Rydges World Square. With just about every service available at our doorstep and the Museum Station just accross the road with a direct 10 minute service to Airport it can't get any better.
Hope to welcome you back for another great stay.

Reviewed March 29, 2014

The location of this hotel is great: two blocks from Museum station and right in the hearts of the action on Pitt Street. The room was spacious and quiet so a good night's sleep was had.

The cafe outside the hotel (Kafe Kaz) puts on bacon and egg breakfast for $10.95 with a cup of coffee. Checking in and out was a breeze as was storing my bag for the whole day (prompt stowage and retrieval).

My only criticism was the room was not really clean which was surprising. It is never a good look when the carpet has crumbs from the previous guest(s) and there was an apple stalk visibly sitting on the carpet when we moved in. The bathroom had mould and someone's hair in the corner. These are matters that require attention by management, but did not really detract from the positives and for $179 per night for the middle of Sydney, I guess it's not that big a deal.

Room Tip: We were high up (18th floor) so very little street noise.

Hi Episode 10
I would like to sincerely apologise for the issue of cleanliness with your room, I can assure that cour comments will be discussed further in an effort to ensure that we keep our attention to detail to our guest expectation.
I ma pleased to hear that you do enjoy our central location and I hope we can welcome you back again soon.
Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed March 28, 2014

My partner and I have stayed a total of three times now and there are a few things which keep us coming back:

* great location which is close to food, shopping and transport.
* clean and comfortable rooms (I like the separate bath and shower in the bathroom)
* reasonable rates with a complimentary late check out for Priority Reward members. I especially like the option of receiving a discounted rate for checking in after 20:30 as this would suit travellers arriving late after work or off a late flight.

However there were a few things I noticed on our most recent stay:
* Level 17 (which is a designated non-smoking floor) smelled like stale cigarette smoke throughout the halls. Once we got into our room there was no more smell but I didn't appreciate having to endure the smell before getting to my room.
* Furniture in the Deluxe Room is starting to look quite dated.

I would probably stay again depending on the rate but I would have to say that I enjoyed my previous stays more than this most recent stay.

1  Thank MissMicha

Hi Miss Micha,
Thank you for taking the time to give me your feedback. I am glad to hear that you enjoy our hospitality and the added benefits of being a Priority Guest Rewards program.
I am sorry to hear that a guest did not adhere to our non smoking policy on the 17th floor and please accept my sincere apolgy for the discomfort this may have caused you.
I am please to advise that we are in the final stages of planning our refurbishment of all guest rooms which will begin in July and our rooms will have a much fresher look and of course the usual attention to detail.
Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

The hotel rebranding is great, but a few things consistently let them down each trip. This time it was the fact that there was no notices on the restaurant refurbishment; the bathroom is old, small and moldy; and the twin sunken single beds joined together do NOT equal a double bed!!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
ManagerWorldSquare, Manager at Rydges World Square Sydney Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2014

Dear LolasAdventures.
Thank you for your feedback however we are not refurbishing our restaurant at the moment I am not sure if you might have us confused with another hotel. We did have large private function in the restaurant earlier in the week and letters advising all our guests of this was distributed to our guests.
I am sorry once again if this may have caused you any inconvenience and thank you for your feedback.