20 minute walk to the harbour or 10 to the local shopping of Pitt street, location wise Rydges cant be beat. There is a Coles in the basement of the mall it sits above and various eateries below.
There is a nice large gym, cardio and weights.
There is no free WiFi at the hotel ( not sure if this is a standard in Sydney, but one I'm not used to). I think the cost was $20ish for 24 hrs which is an annoying cost
The hotel can be very noisy at weekends due to its location to bars etc, so not recommended if you are here for business or a light sleeper.
The clientele consists more or less solely of flight crew, the benefit of which is they will try and check you in early.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rydges World Square Sydney is centrally located on the corner of Pitt and Liverpool Streets, within the World Square shopping and business precinct in the CBD. This great contemporary hotel has a fantastic location with easy access to Sydney's major shopping areas, theatres and tourist attractions like Darling Harbour, either by Rail, walking or taxi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Rydges World Square Sydney Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rydges World Square Sydney
- Rydges World Square Hotel Sydney