“Great Location and an excellent stay....!”

Rydges World Square Sydney Hotel
Ranked #63 of 181 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed April 30, 2013

I found this hotel to be wonderful - great location, excellent reception staff who were pleasant and efficient....!
Room was large and bedding was one of the most comfortable I've EVER slept in....I want one for my home....!!!
Would definitely stay again....!!!

Room Tip: Executive Suite gives you a separate sitting room and lots of space....
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
ManagerWorldSquare, General Manager at Rydges World Square Sydney Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

What a wonderful review, many thanks Travellor69. It’s always a pleasure reading comments on how exceptional our customer service is.

We receive a lot of fantastic feedback on how comfortable our Rydges Dream beds are. You are able to purchase them online at our website.

I hope to see you again at Rydges World Square.

John McIlwain

Write a ReviewReviews (2,133)

Reviewed April 29, 2013

I booked 2 stays at Rydges World Square online and after reading some negative comments on Tripadvisor was a bit dubious before arriving, but I couldn't have been more wrong. It is located in the heart of mid-city Sydney, but from my room on the 18th floor (first stay) and 15th floor(second stay), it was quiet as a mouse! The Reception Staff on both occasions were absolutely superb. I arrived at 1100 both stays from out of town, knowing that check in was at 1400, but the staff kindly arranged for me to be able to enter the rooms immediately. Concierge staff were also extremely helpful when asked various queries. The rooms are not too skall, comfortable and had all the necessary ammenties. The only negative feature is that the room lighting is so dull. This seems to be a generic design of all hotel rooms around the world, so is not a Rydges problem per se, but it would be nice to have a bright ceiling light! Will not hesiate to book this property again for the next visit to Sydney.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you Craig B for you continuous loyalty to Rydges World Square. I’m glad we were able to accommodate an early check in on both occasions that you stayed with us.

I look forward to welcoming you back again on your next trip to Sydney.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

I stay at Rydges World Square quite often and find that it is good quality hotel in an excellent location. The rooms are not huge but if you are only staying for one or two nights then this is fine. The gym has recently been renovated and has new equipment which is a massive improvement. Joining the Rydges loyalty program gets you a free drink at the bar and a 1pm checkout which is really great. The breakfast is also pretty good although you do have to pay extra for "real" coffee.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
ManagerWorldSquare, General Manager at Rydges World Square Sydney Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Charlie C, it sounds you like have taken the opportunity to utilise our facilities. We are receiving great comments in relation to our newly refurbished gym, many thanks.

I hope to see you again soon at Rydges World Square.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

I stayed here this previous weekend and was so disappointed. I went with one of Rydges promotions called a 'couples package' as well as joining the Rydges Priority Rewards club. Customer service was below par and expectations were sadly far from met.
The hotel did not seem to recognise either of these promotions- the bill was wrong at the end with us being charged for items included in the package, late check out was not granted although is advertised and was requested. The benefits of being a Priority Reward Guest did not prove true and the hotel ignored them. Seemed no point in joining?
Part of the package offered chocolate fondue and sparkling wine upon arrival-it was terribly cheap tasting, the shortbread was rock hard and the chocolate fondue was far from melted chocolate. Also included was breakfast both mornings. The food was absolutely awful and not as advertised. The website classified you as a 4.5 star hotel-Rydges cut corners and bought as cheap as possible.
Priority Rewards Guests get a free drink upon arrival. When I asked for this, the hotel reception told me to go to the bar only to have the bar man rudely tell my partner and I that "he couldn't be handing free drinks out based on word of mouth". -and when we returned with a card, we only received one-again where the bar worker condescendingly told me 'house drinks only.' -As well as that, the glass of bubbly was flat. After all the effort I could not be bothered to return. I did not find customers service to be of a 4.5 rating. The rooms are also outdated and all reek of smoke.
This package was not cheap, and I can't see myself recommending or ever returning to Rydges World Square again. A large amount of money wasted. I will continue the looking for a regular hotel to stay at when in Sydney-Rydges World Square will certainly not be it.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank elsanoh

Please accept my apologies for the obvious displeasure. I would like to discuss this matter further, please contact me at john_mcilwain@rydges.com.

Reviewed April 27, 2013

Another enjoyable stay at this establishment. We stayed in a Executive King Room with balcony as my husband smokes and finds the balcony handy to smoke on. The only improvement I would suggest is to put a shelf in the shower recess to put your shampoo on. Breakfast in the restaurant was very good and one morning I asked for poached eggs which weren't on the buffet and they were happy to oblige. Only a minor problem with receiving the complimentary drink on arrival as it hadn't automatically been added to my Rewards Card. I only received one free drink this time, last time my husband also received one. Other than that it is very close to many facilities, including supermarkets, restaurants and theatres.

Room Tip: Higher floors have less noise from the street
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

It’s always a pleasure to hear that our guest have enjoyed their stay with us. I’m glad you had the opportunity of dining in Sphere and enjoyed our buffet breakfast.

As a benefit of our Priority Guest Rewards program you are entitled to one complimentary welcome drink per stay.

I hope to welcome you back to Rydges World Square on your next trip to Sydney.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

we stayed for one night during a trip into the city ans I was impressed by the Beautiful linen, Large room and Bath tub all for $140! Very clean and spacious. The hotel staff are very professional and friendly. I will stay again.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Many thanks Mariah d for the wonderful review.

I hope to welcome you back again to Rydges World Square.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

This is not a spectacularly luxurious hotel, or anything particularly out of the ordinary - but then, it doesnt claim to be. Its very clean, extremely comfortable, great room sizes, has bars/ resturants/ great room service and everything you would want or need in a hotel without going overboard. Location is extremely central, walking distance to Town Hall and Central train stations and all CBD tourist attractions. The staff are helpful, attentive and nice. The best part is - it has the best Creme Brulee Ive ever tasted in the world on its room service menu! The only downside is, it can be a little pricey for what it is, but there are several websites where you can find deals for this hotel- look around. The wifi is also very expensive when most places have it free these days (or close to it).

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
ManagerWorldSquare, General Manager at Rydges World Square Sydney Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2013

Thank you illycorleone as one of our Senior Contributors. It’s wonderful to read that you have thoroughly enjoyed our hotel’s facilities in particular our Food and Beverage venues. We received a lot of positive feedback from our delectable room service menu, so many thanks.

I hope to welcome you back again to Rydges World Square.