I have stayed in this hotel many many times. The frequency with which I encounter non smoking rooms that stink of smoke is surprisingly high. This last visit will be my last sadly. It's almost as if they arbitrarily switch smoking room signs to accommodating the bookings they have.
I no longer believe this hotel is genuine about its non smoking policies. Just to be clear, I have never complained before but this last booking was too much.
If you are a smoker, this is the hotel for you. If you are not. Avoid it like the plague. There is no more a disgusting experience than having to be confronted like this so repeatedly to realise they actually don't care. It claims to be 4 1/2 star. Sadly, it is barely a 3 star on this basis.
I ended up being moved to one of the only three last rooms available. All smoking rooms. All that stank much less than my non smoking room. The hotel agreed.
Again, not becoming of a 4 1/2 star hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rydges World Square Sydney is centrally located on the corner of Pitt and Liverpool Streets, within the World Square shopping and business precinct in the CBD. This great contemporary hotel has a fantastic location with easy access to Sydney's major shopping areas, theatres and tourist attractions like Darling Harbour, either by Rail, walking or taxi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Hotwire, Agoda, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Rydges World Square Sydney Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rydges World Square Sydney
- Rydges World Square Hotel Sydney