“Nice location.”

Rydges World Square Sydney Hotel
Ranked #64 of 181 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed November 10, 2012

Stayed here for our belated 10th wedding anniversary. My only complaint is I was standing at the concierge desklooking at some brochures and the male concierge came back to the desk and completely ignored me bur said "hello sir" to a man walking behind me without even looking at me or asking if I needed some help. I did notice that my husband was asked if he needed anything when we were both standing at the concierge counter on two occasions. Put me off the whole hotel with that sexism. Then at checkout we had a $50 charge for "accommodation services" which the lady at reception had no idea what it was for and thankfully took it off our bill. Apart from that the barman i. World Square was very friendly and helpful. It is an easy walk to Pitt St mall and Darling Harbour.

Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank me246
ManagerWorldSquare, General Manager at Rydges World Square Sydney Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2012

Thank you for your feedback. Your comments have been noted and will be addressed to the appropriate departments. We are glad that you enjoyed our central location.
We are looking forward to seeing you again soon at Rydges World Square.

John McIlwain

Write a ReviewReviews (2,132)

Reviewed November 9, 2012

I stayed overnight with a mate so that we could go out in the city. We got to the hotel around 6pm and checked it, we were happy when told by the clerk that we would be given a free breakfast with a room.

The room itself was quite nice, fairly spacious and had new fittings. The bed was soft but I do prefer a harder bed. The room had a fully stocked mini bar however the prices were pretty insane, if you need a beer go to the bottle shop at the liquorland in world square and save yourself some money.

We had dinner and had our night out and went to breakfast in the morning, this is where it got a bit disappointing, the female member of staff looked at the list and then told us to fill out a form, when asked why we had to fill out a form she simply said "its our procedure".

We had breakfast which I would describe as average in quality at best and checked out shortly after and were asked to pay $56 for a breakfast for two. It took approximately 15 minutes of argument with the shift manager to have them waive the breakfast charge. This alone left me disappointed with the stay.

I would probably stay again if I had to, however there are nicer places. If you need breakfast go to a cafe down the street, the quality will be at least as good and most likely cheaper.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank 83poolie
Reviewed November 7, 2012

We booked this hotel for our last few days of our holiday in Australia a few years ago. We arrived after dinner only to find that our room had been re-allocated which I can understand as it was quite late in the evening when we arrived and we had not let the hotel know that we were running late. The manager was very quick to rectify this by providing us with an upgrade to one of the suites and all the extras that came with it. It was lovely. The location of the hotel is ideal for wandering around the city and with the monorail station close by we had easy access to Darling Harour, Paddy's market, china town etc.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Had the most disappointing stay at Rydges. I travelled from QLD for my birthday to spend with family and friends. The location is great however the customer service was just terrible. They told me I didn't have a booking, which I did. The front desk girls were rude then even though I pre paid over the internet on the rydges website I was still charged an extra $36 at checkout for a room that was NEVER advertised as more. No where in the fine print did it state the room was more. Hotel DIDN'T have a pool. As well our room had a half drunk bottle of water that wasn't even noticed by the cleaners from the previous guest. The only good part about my stay was the helpful and curtious staff at the concierge desk THANK YOU for being so helpful unlike your other staff counterparts. Overall from someone that WOULD ALWAYS stay at a Rydges(usually love it) I would never stay at the World Square Venue again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank AmAnDaBoW

Please accept my apologies for the displeasure as this is not our usual standard of service. I hope that we will have the chance to welcome you back at Rydges World Square and have the opportunity to provide you with a great customer service experience. Your good comments have been passed on to our Concierge team.

We are looking forward to seeing you again soon at Rydges World Square.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Booked room for 5 days stay for business trip. This is a good hotel but not one you would tell your friends about. Had valet parking for each day I stayed but as the hotel only has some roadside bays that seemed to be shared I found myself going around the block a few times until a bay was free, it would have been easier to self park. Most of the time it was full of taxis or buses, not what I expected.
The room was OK but nothing special, just a room.
The only thing that made the stay pleasant was the staff, they were great. The gym was also good.
The rate for the week was better than most but I would still think twice about staying again.

Room Tip: My room was facing the North East side towards the V night club and was still fairly quiet but had n...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank BrettGreenslade

Rydges World Square is a city hotel located in a very busy part of town. We do offer with valet parking a cost effective parking compare to self parking in the area.
It is wonderful to see you liked our newly refurbished Gym.

Looking forward to welcoming you back at Rydges World Square.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stayed here for several days while working in Sydney and have no complaints. Staff was exceptionally friendly and room was adequate. Breakfast was on par with some of the best I've had. The bed was quite comfortable and slept well.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Greg H

Thank you for your feedback. I am happy to see that you had a great night sleep on our comfortable Rydges Dreambed.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back at Rydges World Square.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I've stayed here a number of times and always find the staff to be very helpful. The rooms are very very small and one of my visits had a friend who had to have a rollaway. This fit between the queen bed and the TV with absolutely no room imbetween! That's how small it is. I've never had a bigger room during my 4 stays - so not sure there are any! Valet parking is $50/day so be careful if you are on a budget and have a car. The restaurant is not as good as the Melbourne or Perth restaurants, but still good.

Room Tip: If you are not on a budget, opt for a larger room. Standard Queen rooms are very small.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business