Tripadvisor
Sydney
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews central station courtyard room darling harbour great location market city family room barista coffee light rail paddys markets close to china town single room great shower street noise boutique hotel small room walking distance short stay
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I have stayed here probably half a dozen times. Fantastic position friendly staff and great coffee This time, unfortunately my room adjoined the lift, so I didn't sleep well because of the noise all night. Maybe if there are other rooms available this room should be avoided. Still love The Ultimo and will continue to stay here.

Trip type: Traveled solo
TheUltimo_GM, General Manager at The Ultimo, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hello 333SR2015, thank you for coming back to stay with us, we truly appreciate it. Sorry that you had some noise on your recent stay, let us know next time you are back which is your favourite room and we will add some notes to your profile.

See you again soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We loved our room, it was a triple share with a separate space for the third bed (single). The beds were to die for, super comfy! Nice pillows too, with a firm or soft option to choose from. Great shower, it was a nice size, after being in Europe for a month it was fabulous to have the extra space in there. Our room was very quiet despite being on the first floor. Check in was quick and easy. We chose this hotel based on value for money and knowing that it was a Rydges property we knew the beds would be good, we weren't expecting it to be as great as it was because I reckon it was pretty cheap and we only needed a shower and a short sleep in between a late flight arrival and an early train departure the next day. It is a very easy walk from and to Central station if you are catching a train. We will definitely stay here again, our new favourite Sydney hotel, good quality where it counts and without all the faff.

Trip type: Traveled with family

Hello Whitney B, thank you so much for the fantastic review, and I'm really happy to hear we have become your favourite new Sydney hotel. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Finding good accommodation in Sydney for short stays without paying a fortune has been a challenge, but I have finally hit upon the perfect location. I stayed at The Ultimo for a brief, two night visit, and I will definitely be back. The communication was excellent, and the staff is outstandingly friendly and helpful. My flight into Sydney was delayed meaning I was later than I had alerted them - but no problem. I have had other hotels cancel my booking if I was late, leaving me stranded. The hotel is well located, very close to public transport and shops. My single room was admittedly small. If I'd had a larger suitcase it might have been a challenge. But it was clean, comfortable, and served its purpose. Bathroom was very good. For a CBD hotel, there was very little noise. I will be back, and strongly recommend this hotel for a short stay.

Date of stay: January 2020

Hello JaimeM4118, thank you so much for this fantastic feedback and the 5 stars. We really appreciate it and look forward to seeing you back here again at The Ultimo.

Reviewed January 12, 2020

Our rooms were super clean, it was a quiet hotel in Chinatown, near to all the facilities, we can access to everything by walking or you can use really close public transport. The room were huge, a good sized double bed, some chairs and a little table !

Date of stay: January 2020
TheUltimo_GM, General Manager at The Ultimo, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2020

Hello dupaysmarie, thank you so much for the great feedback and the 5 stars. We hope to see you back again soon.

Reviewed January 11, 2020

To my pleasant surprise the rooms were as good as they looked in pictures. Location is steps from everything. Staff were really friendly and gave us glowsticks because it was NYE which was great because I was rushed and had forgotten to buy some. The rooms were very handsomely decked out, but it's definitely nicer to have a window (one of ours did, one didn't) so double check if it's important to you. Price was great too=)

Room tip: Not all rooms have windows, if it's important to you make sure to confirm
Date of stay: January 2020

Hello ttucker2020, thank you so much for the 5 stars and fantastic feedback. I'm happy you chose to spend you Sydney New Years experience.