“Awful Just Awful”

Sydney Combo: Hop-On Hop-Off Harbor Cruise and Hop-On Hop-Off City Bus Tour
Ranked #97 of 487 things to do in Sydney
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The Star Sydney is Australia’s premier place to play. A sip of sparkling. A dozen freshly shucked oysters. Crisp white sheets and red carpet. Diamonds and spades. Gucci and gastronomy. The day begins with luxury – where it ends is up to you. At The Star, we have just one mission –– to thrill. That’s why we have all star chefs and restaurants, luxurious accommodation and high-end fashion, a sumptuous day spa, an amazing nightclub, and, of course, the world-class casino. It’s all yours for the taking, so will you? Come and play at The Star.
Reviewed November 29, 2013

Booked a room during the busy Melbourne Cup Week back in Early November and was appalled at the general lack of concern the Hotel has for its guests. Firstly, the rooms were never cleaned and I had to call twice a day during my brief three day visit to remind them to clean my room to which the lady at the help desk replied, " We don't clean everyday". This is acceptable if it wasn't for the strong smells of smoke and moldy bed sheets in the room. On the first night, my companion was awakened by the air conditioning of the hotel which sounded as if a baby wombat was stuck inside dying. The rattling and deep knocks were incessant and even the concierge could not offer us any relief. I could go on and on but would like to say that the hotel has a long way to go to reach 3 star standard without even sniffing 5. Thank goodness Crown is coming soon to show them how it is done.

3  Thank AdventJunkie

Reviewed November 29, 2013 via mobile

The Star is a great little destination for those travelling to sydney.

My girlfriends and I went to see "Grease" at their theatre and decided to eat there before hand too. There was a lot of choice and the Messina gelato was absolutely fantastic. The apple pie flavour tasted just like a fresh apple pie.

It was nice to see a casino that had become more of a entertainment quarter than just a gamblers haven.

Reviewed November 9, 2013

I had an absolutely terrible experience at this hotel. The man at the front desk put in a smoking room without telling me, then when I complained said 'what could I expect, I had been given a discount'. Firstly, this is a health and safety risk as I have asthma, secondly this is not the kind of service you expect from a five star hotel. Can't wait for Bangaroo to open to give us an alternative venue. Service at this hotel is disgusting.

4  Thank Laura O
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Enjoyed my stay. Ideally located. Lots of shops and dining places. Casino gives that extra atmosphere. Room with view on Darling Harbour.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

I guess we should have noticed that the doormen would not move to open the door to our town car as we arrived and that was much the tone of the casino, spend all your money and leave. As you enter they have this really nice escalators to get you up to the gaming floor, when you try to leave you will have a nice walk down the stairs, starting to get the places attitude? Casino is non-smoking which is nice, no free drinks if you are betting (this is not Las Vegas). Also their is zero noise from the slots and machines, which seems very odd if you have visited many casinos. Don't bother dressing up as they air conditioning is not good and you will sweat, plus you will stick out in a poorly dressed clientele. I would avoid. Valet parking is 80 aud.

2  Thank Sir_Knight007