“Clean environ”

Sydney Combo: Hop-On Hop-Off Harbor Cruise and Hop-On Hop-Off City Bus Tour
Ranked #100 of 486 things to do in Sydney
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The Star Sydney is Australia’s premier place to play. A sip of sparkling. A dozen freshly shucked oysters. Crisp white sheets and red carpet. Diamonds and spades. Gucci and gastronomy. The day begins with luxury – where it ends is up to you. At The Star, we have just one mission –– to thrill. That’s why we have all star chefs and restaurants, luxurious accommodation and high-end fashion, a sumptuous day spa, an amazing nightclub, and, of course, the world-class casino. It’s all yours for the taking, so will you? Come and play at The Star.
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Unlike Singapore or Macau this one was clean and free from the cigarettes smoke. Machines were mostly set for betting low amounts although you could go high if you want. Message was clear that you shouldn't gamble seriously. I found the message attached on the machines amusing (See photo). So it was good to spend a little time playing slot machines, not having to squander money. They also had variety of foods inside and outside of the casino. Staff seemed indifferent and unfriendly but I felt that from almost everybody in Australia. I think that's just their general demeanor.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

I had an awesome time. the staff were friendly and helpful. Loved the machines there and I won :) easy to get to via the light rail from our hotel :)

Reviewed July 12, 2013

My wife and I visited during our stay in Sydney in June 2013. I have read a few of some of the reviews, and I'd agree with some of them. The casino from an atmosphere is quality, and I'd say i have probably been in easily over 50+ different casinos in my life. While I did not play in this casino due to lack of time, and playing wasn't my intention while in Sydney, I did spend about 30-45 minutes inside looking around. Some have made comments about the rudeness, and I might tend to agree based on my limited time. Usually I will get a single $1 (and this casino DOES have them) as a souvenir. I went to the cage and they would not give me a single for a dollar. I had to change a $20. I just immediately walked to another window and changed back $19 dollars in chips to cash. Just seemed ridiculous. So if you are just looking for a good gamble in a class casino, this might be it...but apparently unless you are a big player, you are not going to be treaded as such based on the comments from others here. There are some shops and food, but I did not try them.

Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

I read other reviews as well but it seems like everyone has different opinions abt this cadino hotel. :) to be honest with u( no offense), most of hotels in Aus arent that great. Aus seems like they dont know anything abt great services. So if u r looking for decent service with nice hotel, Aus isnt a place for you yet compare to other hotels in Aus, this one was a lot better than others. At least, they have stores which open until late at nite and very closed to Darling Harbour. Pls dont try Hotel buffet. I forgot its name but that one was bad. The best food in that place was....none....

1  Thank lovelydaytoyou
Reviewed June 28, 2013

it was just ok. Nothing as spectacular as we might see n Vegas or Macau but still big enough to make me feel insignificant, unimportant, and treated as a number. If you want me to spend money gaming you should have some spectacular wow stuff to bring me in and keep running the games I want to play (craps)....

1  Thank Alex O