Open today: 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM

from $37.10
from $32.70
from $80.90
3,434 results
All reviews shark tank the great barrier reef penguin ride glass bottom boat attraction pass darling harbour great attraction on display other attractions rainy day madame tussauds couple of hours penguins dugong tunnel exhibits underwater
Reviewed yesterday

I was very disappointed with SeaLife Sydney. I understand the Reef Exhibit is undergoing renovation, but what was on display was underwhelming. The open displays were offered at full price with no discount for the closed major exhibit.

Most of the aquarium consists of walking a series of ramps enabling visitors to see various levels above and below water level of the aquarium. So what? This type of display is now typical of aquariums throughout the world. The penguin exhibit with the boat views was clever, but would not have been worth more than a few minutes wait for a boat.

I expected more educational material on the marine life. The most extensive educational display that I encountered was a very politically correct display of the hazards of plastics, straws, etc to marine life. Yes, we need to take better care of our ocean resources, but I don't need to pay the high entrance price to be lectured on the issue.

I did see the dugong. However, the exhibit and experience comes no where equaling the manatee (related species) exhibit at River Safari in Singapore. Similarly, SeaLife Sydney cannot compare with SEA Aquarium Singapore or even with Sea Life Bangkok, not to mention aquariums in other regions in the world such as Chicago's Shedd Aquarium. For anyone with access to other aquariums, I cannot recommend paying the entrance fee to visit SeaLife Sydney.

Reviewed 2 days ago

I think we expected more from this. It was good with Sharks & Rays as the standout (and one of only 2 dugongs in human care).

However it was no better than similar centres in UK and I guess we expected more from an Australian equivalent, also compared to the wildlife zoo next door this seemed very busy and overcrowded

Reviewed 4 days ago via mobile

Waited for 30 minutes in the rain to purchase our tickets.
Having eventually got to the front, we were then asked to wait while the 4 staff dealing with tickets were only calling forward those with coupons/vouchers.
There was at least another 30 people behind us, including children queuing in the rain.
When I questioned this, we were told that selling tickets was NOT their priority.
Somewhere else in Sydney that takes tourists for granted.
Vote with your feet and give this type of customer service what it deserves.
We did, and chose not to buy the tickets and reward this type of behaviour.
There are plenty of other attractions in which to spend your money.

Reviewed 4 days ago via mobile

Beautiful aquarium with lot of information about fishes and other aquatic animals. We had prepaid ticket, so we skipped the line and went inside. Kids have lot of fun and you would like to visit again and again . Shark diving option is also available and you can get in touch with staff for details. Towards the end we enjoyed the boat ride to see the penguin up close. Nice souvenir shop along with cafe is there at exit.

Reviewed 5 days ago via mobile

We did spend a couple of hours enjoying those gigantic creatures swimming above our heads. Plenty of fun to be had watching fish feeding times. Great entertainment, espcecially for children 3 and over.

Reviewed 6 days ago

The trick to visiting this aquarium is timing. I was there early in the morning right when it opened, and still had to work my way through a flood of visitors. I am not claustrophobic, but even I had my head spin with the tightly packed crowd, made even worse by strollers. This means that people need to mind their manners and take turns looking at things, without looking for too long.

There are some exquisite areas, though. My favorite is probably the large, open-air tank that contains many fish, sharks, and a dugong. I spent 30 minutes just watching the dugong, alone. This tank also has two underwater tunnels that you can stroll through to get an undersea view.

Duty M, Manager at Sea Life Sydney Aquarium, responded to this reviewResponded 6 days ago

Hi Jason,

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review, we always appreciate hearing feedback.

I'm glad to hear you managed to enjoy your visit in spite of the crowds; the aquarium is very popular during holidays and weekends, so we always recommend people visit on weekdays or later in the afternoon if they have the flexibility to do so. We also try to stagger entry and offer discounts on multi-attraction passes so visitors can choose to visit the least busy site first.

Pig the dugong is pretty amazing to watch, as one of only two of his kind in human care in the world we think he's worth taking the time to appreciate. We hope we'll get to welcome you back soon, our exciting new Great Barrier Reef exhibit will launch by the end of this month and is going to wow all our visitors.

Kind regards,

Harry

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Looks very underwhelming from the outside but is excellent from start to finish once you go in. Purchased the ticket as part of a package deal $75 for Aquarium, Sydney eye, wildlife experience and madam tousousse with a month to get around to each one. The sea life in the aquarium was excellent, one downfall is that I would of liked more information on each type of fish in the aquarium. All round great experience however.

Reviewed 1 week ago

If you are in Sydney this is a must not only for children. This Aquarium is amazing and you are able to swim with sharks.

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

The best of the aquarium for us was the shark, dugong and finally the penguins.
You have a discount in the airport flyers of the cities (20%).
You can walk inside around 1hour and 30 minutes to 2 hours.
The only thing that improve the space of where you can see the dugong more space for taking better pictures.

Duty M, Manager at Sea Life Sydney Aquarium, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

TANK you for your review andreasJ8056XF!

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Not that great if a aquarium. It’s a bit old and shabby now. Would like to see the water cleaned out for the animals. Shark area was ok. Best part of the aquarium is the penguin section that has a penguin ride that goes for about 10 seconds!

Hello Marc Z,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are really excited as coming this summer we have our newly renovated Great Barrier Reef oceanarium opening up! It is our largest tank holding over 2 million litres of water and will be home to some great species such as Green Sea Turtles. As you walk around this tank you will learn about some of the ecological processes occurring along the Reef such as coral bleaching and turtle migration and breeding. We hope that you will come back and visit this awesome new exhibit.