Open today: Closed
  • Tour highlights & full itinerary
  • Easy online booking
  • Lowest price guaranteed
More Information

Recommended experiences in and around Sydney
from $10.03
from $220.22
from $46.13
from $28.08
More Info
All reviews holocaust survivor children's memorial personal stories school groups well worth the visit guided tour on display two hours free tour judaism exhibits auschwitz history volunteers timeline contribution survival
Selected filters
Reviewed January 20, 2020 via mobile

I’ve been here multiple times and each time I always learn something new. The museum focuses on Jewish history,Australian Jewish History and The Holocaust. It’s a very powerful and moving experience

1  Thank Global598584
Reviewed January 1, 2020

There are 2 levels in this musuem. When I was there the temporary exhibiton was the Jewish music. You were able listen to the music with headphones. At the museum were also Holocaust survirors and you can ask them any questions. There are short films that a person can sit down and watch. There are also many exhibits. Some places you can even open the drawers to see more stuff. I walked out of the museum and I was very moved by this experience. The museum also offers a free tour. When I was there the tour started at 11am and 1 pm. One part of the museum is also a childern's memorial. I could not get over how many children lost there lives. If you have an Apple Iphone you can access an app which tells testimonies of Holocuast survivors, perpetrators, witnessess and experts. Headphones are available. They are closed on Saturdays. The museum is divided into different sections to learn about everything.

Date of experience: January 2020
Reviewed December 29, 2019 via mobile

Interesting for adults. Teens wanted to see it as they studied it in school. Think they found some of the videos interesting, but on the whole, not exciting enough for teens. If they were to hear some first hand stories, it may have been better. This day there weren't any survivors there. We had an empty suitcase with us, so my husband couldn't come in. He had to leave us and go home. We had come on the train. So that was a blow.

Reviewed December 24, 2019

We decided to visit here on a day when the city was cloaked in smoke from the bushfires. We're so glad we did. It was informative, well presented, thought-provoking and emotional. What was great to see was all the schoolkids visiting - it's important the learn about this. It was also good to see a section on diversity as well. I really recommend this museum.

Date of experience: November 2019
Reviewed December 21, 2019

What an adventure, into another world - of Jewry. I never knew 1% of what I know now about the Jews, their lifestyle, Hitlers extermination attempt.... Please do go, with kids too (I took my 11 yr old grandson) especially teenagers. Educational plus. And so interesting. Although some photos blatantly disturbing, overall an absolutely must see! We did not do the tour, but spent 4 hours there going from one fascinating fact to another. Do go, you will not regret it.