“See Sydney beneath your feet !”
Review of Customs House

$19.99*
Sydney Self-Guided Audio Tour
Ranked #101 of 488 things to do in Sydney
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Although it has other functions (library, eateries etc) the best thing about the Customs House is the model of Sydney which is beneath a glass (?) floor so you can explore it in a few paces. Pick out where you are, where you've been and where you're staying as well as get a feel for the whole shape of the city. It's free to enter and provides an excellent indoor activity whether you wish to escape sun or rain. The Customs House is located just across the road from Circular Quay.

1  Thank Poconut

Reviewed March 16, 2013

We loved the customs house, you walk in and you find yourself in a modern art museum/library/bar/cafe...cool?! One of the coolest things in the library is the diorama of Sydney underneath the glass floor, you can literally walk all over a map of sydney! I also really loved the art displayed on each floor and my husband loved the unique selection of library books to peruse.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

This morning, through the rain of Sydney, I was too early for an appointment. Alas, i found the Customs House. Time stood still for a bit and I realised I was in a beautifully quiet spot, amid the frenzy of commuters in Sydney. The selection of newspapers from around the world is of a variety I've not witnessed before, and the light music in the background is sooo relaxing. Now that i have found this superb place I shall revisit. Cheers.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

Can't remember too much about my visit there but it is a part of Sydney's culture and is visited quite frequently.

1  Thank Helen319
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Sadly, I didn't have enough time to explore all of the building but I would recommend it simply to stand on the glass floor above the scale model of the Central Business District of Sydney. It's amazing. Next time I am in Sydney I intend to visit and see what else I can learn about the area.