“Great Location and Comfy Bed”

Travelodge Hotel Sydney
Ranked #105 of 181 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed April 29, 2014

Loved the location and was decently appointed. The front desk staff were very helpful and confirmed all of our tours for us when we asked if they could. I wish there was more free internet though as 15 mins per room per 24hr period was a little spartan and $20 a day was pretty pricey!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
HeidiHuynh, Manager at Travelodge Hotel Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review about your recent stay at Travelodge Sydney.
I am delighted that you loved the location of the hotel and found the team to be helpful and friendly.
Thank you also for your feedback in regards to the Wi-Fi, this is something that TFE Hotels are looking into companywide.
Thank you again for your feedback, and we hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to Travelodge Sydney again in the future.
Hotel Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (5,369)

Reviewed April 29, 2014

Great service, and the hotel is in an ideal location for Sydney CBD. The room was larger than I expected, and a very comfy bed. Only downside was the bathroom was not as clean as I would have expected.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
HeidiHuynh, Manager at Travelodge Hotel Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,
I am pleased that you found the room to be spacious with a comfy bed and that you enjoyed your stay with us. I was delighted to read that you experienced great service from the team.
Please accept my sincere apology that the cleanliness of the bathroom was not up to the standard we strive to achieve, please be assured that I have passed your comments onto the housekeeping team.
Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to Travelodge Sydney in the future.

Reviewed April 28, 2014

I don't enjoy writing poor reviews but unfortunately I have to be honest about my disappointment in Travelodge. My wife and I attended this hotel on the ANZAC weekend for one night as it was a gift to my wife to attend the Lion King. The hotel is in a good location for the Captiol Theatre and met our expectations regarding cleanliness and room quality. However, what didn't meet our expectations was the customer service (longer story below if you wanna read) but in summary I find Travelodge’s commitment to customer service appalling and ignorance of consumer rights a disappointment. I expected more from such a hotel chain and hope in the future that common sense and good customer service practices can prevail but, unfortunately, whenever I am asked to recommend a hotel in Sydney or hear a friend or associate saying they are travelling there I will have to recommend they take their business elsewhere.

Customer Service: In January I booked a room at the hotel for a stay on the ANZAC long-weekend. On 12/04/14 I inadvertently booked with the hotel again as I had forgotten of the earlier booking (it’s a medical thing) and only found out about the double booking when we attended the hotel at check-in. Whilst front of house staff were friendly and apologetic to our situation they continued to state that I had to call the travel company to deal with it, who in turn, stated I had to deal with Travelodge directly as they billed the travel company. Subsequent enquiries made confirmed I had to deal with Travelodge direct and on speaking to the on-duty manager that night she continued to advise my wife and I that as both bookings were non-cancellable, even though it was in effect a double booking and I wasn’t cancelling anything – I was there – paying for a room and their service - they could not refund any money or remedy the situation at all as they had no authority to do so and, as such, decided to take both room amounts for payment of a single room. After further discussions with staff and the on-duty manager I was referred to the assistant manager (who was only available Monday). So we had to wait till Monday afternoon (obviously to a time when we were no longer in the Hotel) and the assistant manager sent me an email detailing Travelodge’s response (although I would have thought a phone call more appropriate) but in summary it stated Travelodge would NOT be refunding any money or even seeking a partial credit or some kind of compensation for the overpayment of the stay - pretty much a "too bad so sad" response. Given this email I had to call the assistant manager directly in an attempt to seek some sort of resolution and explained the situation again to her but she continued to apply a "no refund cancellation" policy and indicating that the rooms had been reserved months ahead (whilst one booking was in January – the second was only made on 12 April – so just over 2 wks from the stay – don’t know how the latter is months ahead?) and they’d held it all this time and therefore couldn't hire it out given the late notice. I further explained that I only found out about the double booking when we checked-in as if I’d known earlier I would have attended to it - clearly. I questioned whether the hotel was fully booked that night and, therefore, they had actually lost money on the reservation of the room (which I could understand and accept) and she said yes – however I had to correct her on that as I knew several rooms were still available that night as I had taken screen-shots of Travelodge’s own website and WOTIF which indicated same. The assistance manager’s unwillingness to seek a resolution with our situation I find unfortunate and disheartening from a hotel chain such as Travelodge. Simply saying there is a ‘no refund’ policy on the double booking of a room (effectively paying twice as much for the room) does not extinguish rights of the consumer for a refund of an overpayment. A sad result to what was otherwise a nice time spent in Sydney.

2  Thank ip9854

Dear Valued Guest,
I am pleased that you enjoyed the location of the hotel and we met your expectations in regards to room cleanliness and room quality.
We have a number of different room plans available for our guests to book, one option is a heavily discounted room rate however to take advantage of this discount you have to agree to stricter terms and conditions which are clearly outlined when you make the booking. The other option is to book at our non-discounted room rate, but there is more flexibility in regards to the terms and conditions which is sometimes more suitable for some guests. I am pleased to see you took advantage of the heavily discounted option, and I am sorry that the terms and conditions that you agreed to when you made the booking did not work in your favour on this occasion.
Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed April 28, 2014

Very good front desk service and this property is handy to Darling Harbor and upper George/Elizabeth street. The hotel was quiet and the room was comfortable adequately equipped. For the price this was a very good value stay. Handy to public transport. Will definitely stay here again.

Dear Valued Guest,
I am pleased that you found the room to be quiet, comfortable and well equipped along with the location to be perfect for exploring Sydney.
I was delighted to read that you found the customer service from the team to be very good during your stay, I will be sure to share your feedback with the team.

Reviewed April 28, 2014

Perfect location to access all area's of CBD.Quiet,clean and tidy room with all we needed.If breakfast eaters, pay in advance on arrival to take advantage of discount...well worth it.All staff friendly and courteous,helpful with any enquiries.Would recommend to family and friends,will stay again.

Dear Valued Guest,
I am pleased that you found the room to be quiet, clean and tidy along with the location to be perfect for exploring Sydney.
I was delighted to read that you found the team to be friendly, courteous and helpful during your stay, I will be sure to share your feedback with the team.
Thank you again for your feedback and for recommending Travelodge Sydney, we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed April 28, 2014

The hotel was great for the price, a pretty good location as well. Bed was comfy, room was clean. Check in and out was very efficient. Parking was in a secure car park approx 200 metres away, and the only downside to this was, it was pouring rain when we collected the car, but otherwise it was easy to find and park the car.Overall we were happy and would stay here again.

Dear Valued Guest,
I am delighted that you found Travelodge Sydney to be good value and in a great location.
Thank you again for your feedback, we look forward to welcoming you back to Travelodge Sydney again in the future.

Reviewed April 28, 2014

stayed here for 4 nights last week with my husband.

positive - hard to find a place with microwave, which is great to save money. We had breakfast and dinner in the room and saved $$$. Bed was absolutely comfortable and big, blackout curtain made the room charcoal dark so we could sleep in until 9am. very quiet. handy location- 10mins easy walk from china town, world square and Paddy's market. OH and if you leave the used dishes in the sink they were replaced by new ones - nice. good size sofa- one more person can sleep there I reckon.

Negative - VERY SMALL shampoo and conditioner , even my shoulder length hair will need two of each for one wash. no body gel. first night only half of the room service was done - no bathmat or replacement of shampoo. I walked into the cleaners room and helped myself. and there was no view from the room. all I could see was the wall of another building.

overall- definitely still the best value in town. I am going to Sydney again soon and after many hours of researching I ended up booking this hotel again. Just ask for the higher floor room with a view. (and not every room has a sofa if you want ask for it)

Room Tip: go higher and ask for a room with a view as one side of the building is totally blocked by another t...