“Great location, value for money”

Travelodge Hotel Sydney
Ranked #104 of 179 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed February 18, 2014

Comfortable,clean accommodation, excellent value for money. Decent breakfast buffet. Good location. Quiet corner. Nice staff, busy reception but very efficiently handled at all times. Parking close by, not cheap but average for the city. Wifi extra.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
HeidiHuynh, Manager at Travelodge Hotel Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review about your recent stay at Travelodge.
I was delighted to read that you found Travelodge Sydney to be excellent value for money, with clean and comfortable rooms. I was also pleased that you enjoyed the breakfast we have to offer and that you found the team to be helpful during your stay.
Thank you again for your feedback and I do hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back to Travelodge Sydney.

Reviewed February 17, 2014

I have mixed feelings about my stay here. Sydney is expensive and so you do get what you can pay for or in this case what you can afford. We stayed in a triple room and on arrival, after a huge wait in line at reception, we were sent to this tiny room. It had three beds so close we could barely stand up between them, let alone put any luggage anywhere. Then we discovered the air con was not working. We rang reception and full credit within second maintenance came up. They agreed it was not working so moved us to another room. Another triple, this time with more space and a better feel about the room. Still a very basic hotel, a good location, a long queue to check out as well, but a comfortable and quiet nights sleep so that was a big plus. The biggest let down was the cleaning, they need to get new cleaners. The bathrooms are pretty disgusting, surface cleaning only seems to happen. Years of dust on the floor tiles and rub you finger anywhere and it will be black. Both rooms were the same. So as I say, mixed feelings. Wouldn't risk a triple again. But did sleep, so that's a plus.

Room Tip: Be very clear what you want when you email so you get the right sized room for your group. Allow ti...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank dramaticAuckland

Dear Valued Guest,
I agree that Sydney is an expensive place; however I am proud that you found Travelodge Sydney to be good value for money. I’m sorry to hear that your air conditioner was not working to its full potential; however I am pleased that we were able to move you quickly once you alerted us to the problem.
Please accept my sincere apology that the cleanliness was not up to the standard that we strive to achieve, please be assured that I will pass your feedback onto the team.

Reviewed February 15, 2014

This hotel is in a great location, and the front desk personnel are really efficient and cordial. I felt a little like I was staying in a dorm room however. The room was a bit small for two suitcases to be open and to walk around. That is not necessarily a bad thing; we are just used to staying in more upscale digs. However, the bottom line is that the price is right for this hotel in this very expensive city. We didn't ever eat at the hotel, so I can't give any information with regard to that. I would recommend this hotel with the caveat that don't expect anything but bare bones.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
HeidiHuynh, Manager at Travelodge Hotel Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,
I was pleased that you found the hotel to be good value for money and in a great location for exploring Sydney.
I am delighted that you found the team to be efficient and friendly during your stay.

Reviewed February 14, 2014 via mobile

A nice, very clean hotel within walking distances to most tourist attractions. Stayed here for three nights and really enjoyed our time in Sydney. 5 minute walk to train station and around 15 to the opera house. Arrived early and they managed to check us in no problem.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,
I was pleased that you found the hotel to be nice, clean and in a great location for exploring Sydney.

Reviewed February 12, 2014

We had a short stay of 3 nights here and it was great. Close to everything. The counter staff knew about everything we asked them. Rooms are clean and renovated. All amenities available in the room which was perfect! The only little hiccup was the taxi they had called to take us to the airport, took a lot longer than expected and we almost missed our flight :( but we made it. Hotel is nice and good location. Will go back again.

• Stayed: March 2013

Dear Valued Guest,
I was pleased that you found the hotel to be in a great location for exploring Sydney, I am sorry that the taxi that we called didn’t arrive on time.
I am delighted that you found the team to be helpful with directions and any questions you had.

Reviewed February 11, 2014

Stayed in this hotel for 3 nights prior to taking a 14 night cruise out of Sydney. Stayed in Sydney to visit family and to do a little sightseeing. Hotel is in a good location, just down the block from Hyde park and Oxford St which has allot of restaurants and cafes. About a 25-30 min walk to the Opera House / Circular Quay. Hotel was clean. Staff was very helpful. Room was a bit small, but served it's purpose for the amount of time I spent here. WiFi and breakfast are WAY overpriced at this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
HeidiHuynh, Manager at Travelodge Hotel Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,
I was pleased that you found the hotel to be clean and in a great location for exploring Sydney.
I am delighted that you found the team to be helpful during your stay.

Reviewed February 8, 2014

We booked a total of 4 rooms for our recent stay. The price per night here was the most reasonable we could find for our particular dates. We have also stayed at Travelodge Wynyard.
The hotel itself is clean, well maintained and located close to all the things you would want to walk to in the city OR there is Museum Train Station about a 3 minute walk from the hotel making this an ideal place to base yourself. World Square shopping centre is a short stroll so to are many places to eat and a large IGA in Oxford street. We walked to Darling Harbour, China Town, George street as far as Westfield shopping centre. You could walk to Circular Quay etc but the short train trip is worth the couple of dollars. Basically most things including the Museum, Hyde park etc are walking distance.
As for the rooms all had good quality linen, and everything was clean and comfortable. There is a microwave which is a bonus as not many hotels have this. Tea, coffee, fridge, kettle are all clean and functioning. The bathroom is not large however plenty of hot water, and a corner shower with a shower curtain that does allow for a bit of water to escape onto the floor. Shampoo, conditioner, soap, shower cap are provided but the size of the shampoo and conditioner is only adequate for one person. Some of us had the buffet breakfast which is cheaper if you pay on arrival OR make your booking via the website on a tuesday where you pay for one and get one free.
We booked via an online booking agent as we had a discount voucher to use. I suggest checking prices both direct and with online agents when considering staying here. Overall we would stay here again or at the Travelodge Wynyard as I also liked the location. After we booked with an online agent I phoned the hotel and asked for our rooms to be on the same floor. Staff happily obliged.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Snookystraveltips

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post your positive review about your recent stay at Travelodge.
I was pleased that you found the hotel to be great value for money, clean, well maintained and in great location for exploring Sydney and that you appreciated the facilities that the rooms have to offer.