“Good hotel in a good location ”

Travelodge Hotel Sydney
Ranked #104 of 178 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed February 14, 2014 via mobile

A nice, very clean hotel within walking distances to most tourist attractions. Stayed here for three nights and really enjoyed our time in Sydney. 5 minute walk to train station and around 15 to the opera house. Arrived early and they managed to check us in no problem.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
HeidiHuynh, Manager at Travelodge Hotel Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review about your recent stay at Travelodge.
I was pleased that you found the hotel to be nice, clean and in a great location for exploring Sydney.
Thank you again for your feedback and I do hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back to Travelodge Sydney.

There are newer reviews for Travelodge Hotel Sydney

Reviewed February 12, 2014

We had a short stay of 3 nights here and it was great. Close to everything. The counter staff knew about everything we asked them. Rooms are clean and renovated. All amenities available in the room which was perfect! The only little hiccup was the taxi they had called to take us to the airport, took a lot longer than expected and we almost missed our flight :( but we made it. Hotel is nice and good location. Will go back again.

• Stayed: March 2013

Dear Valued Guest,
I was pleased that you found the hotel to be in a great location for exploring Sydney, I am sorry that the taxi that we called didn’t arrive on time.
I am delighted that you found the team to be helpful with directions and any questions you had.

Reviewed February 11, 2014

Stayed in this hotel for 3 nights prior to taking a 14 night cruise out of Sydney. Stayed in Sydney to visit family and to do a little sightseeing. Hotel is in a good location, just down the block from Hyde park and Oxford St which has allot of restaurants and cafes. About a 25-30 min walk to the Opera House / Circular Quay. Hotel was clean. Staff was very helpful. Room was a bit small, but served it's purpose for the amount of time I spent here. WiFi and breakfast are WAY overpriced at this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
HeidiHuynh, Manager at Travelodge Hotel Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,
I was pleased that you found the hotel to be clean and in a great location for exploring Sydney.
I am delighted that you found the team to be helpful during your stay.

Reviewed February 8, 2014

We booked a total of 4 rooms for our recent stay. The price per night here was the most reasonable we could find for our particular dates. We have also stayed at Travelodge Wynyard.
The hotel itself is clean, well maintained and located close to all the things you would want to walk to in the city OR there is Museum Train Station about a 3 minute walk from the hotel making this an ideal place to base yourself. World Square shopping centre is a short stroll so to are many places to eat and a large IGA in Oxford street. We walked to Darling Harbour, China Town, George street as far as Westfield shopping centre. You could walk to Circular Quay etc but the short train trip is worth the couple of dollars. Basically most things including the Museum, Hyde park etc are walking distance.
As for the rooms all had good quality linen, and everything was clean and comfortable. There is a microwave which is a bonus as not many hotels have this. Tea, coffee, fridge, kettle are all clean and functioning. The bathroom is not large however plenty of hot water, and a corner shower with a shower curtain that does allow for a bit of water to escape onto the floor. Shampoo, conditioner, soap, shower cap are provided but the size of the shampoo and conditioner is only adequate for one person. Some of us had the buffet breakfast which is cheaper if you pay on arrival OR make your booking via the website on a tuesday where you pay for one and get one free.
We booked via an online booking agent as we had a discount voucher to use. I suggest checking prices both direct and with online agents when considering staying here. Overall we would stay here again or at the Travelodge Wynyard as I also liked the location. After we booked with an online agent I phoned the hotel and asked for our rooms to be on the same floor. Staff happily obliged.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Snookystraveltips

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post your positive review about your recent stay at Travelodge.
I was pleased that you found the hotel to be great value for money, clean, well maintained and in great location for exploring Sydney and that you appreciated the facilities that the rooms have to offer.

Reviewed February 3, 2014

Arrived very early in the morning but couldn't get into the room until 2p.m so had to go for a walk. The reception were very helpful and quite quick with dealing with any queries. The room was clean and we were surprised at the facilities on offer. Everything except the kitchen sink. There was even a safe which was free! The view from the room wasn't up to much, but we didn't mind as we were only there for 4days. We went room only but you can buy breakfast from the restaurant in the morning. The walk to Circular Key takes about 25mins. But once down there you can catch the boats to all the main attractions. Would definitely go again

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jeanne B

Dear Valued Guest,
I was pleased that you found the hotel to be in great location for exploring Sydney and that you appreciated the facilities that the rooms have to offer.
I am delighted that you found the team to be helpful during your stay.

Reviewed January 30, 2014

The hotel is not flash, but it is very clean and quiet. We had a twin room wiith comfortable beds/pillows, clean bathroom and quiet airconditioner. Reception was efficient and helpful with check-in and check-out. Note, as storing bags in the morning is very popular, make sure you have something bright to identify your bag, as it took us a while to locate our bags when the airbus arrived to pick us up. The hotel is located on Wentworth Avenue. It is within walking distance of Belmore Park, Hyde Park, Capitol Theatre, Market City (Paddy's Markets), China Town, Pitt Street Mall, train station and is between stops 3-and-4 for the Hop-on Hop-off bus. We did not dine in the in-house restaurant.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Grace N
HeidiHuynh, Manager at Travelodge Hotel Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,
I was pleased that you found the hotel to be clean, queit and in a great location for exploring Sydney.
I am delighted that you found the team to be efficient and helpful during your stay, the team and I pride ourselves on customer service so I will be sure to share your feedback with the team.

Reviewed January 29, 2014

We stayed as a family with 2 triple rooms. The rooms were completely airless and the air con could not be adjusted and in fact it turned out that it was dripping water. Family members had to get up in the night to go outside to take in some air. Every time the shower was turned on the floor became covered in 2 inches of water as, for some reason, it didn't drain away.
The bathroom door hinges were rusted through which made a loud squeaking sound every time it was opened however the staff fixed this immediately when we told them which was a positive.
I was extremely disappointed with our stay at this particular Travelodge and would not, under any circumstances, recommend it to others. We had family staying (at the same time) at other hotels close by and I really had "hotel envy"when I saw their hotel rooms.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Sandra M

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review about your recent stay at Travelodge Sydney.
I am sorry to read that you had a problem with the air conditioner, all of the units are individually controlled so should have been able to be adjusted, however I hope our maintenance team were able to fix this for you when you reported it.
Thank you again for your feedback and I’m sorry that your stay with us was not the positive experience that I hope all of our guests have.