“A small hotel in the city center.”

Travelodge Hotel Sydney
Ranked #104 of 178 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed November 24, 2013

Nothing much. Bed and rooms are clean. Bathroom are OK. Breakfast is good. Staffs are very friendly and helpful though! Location can be either. If you like the buzz of the city center, you will like it as it is close to everything. If you like it quiet, go somewhere else.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
HeidiHuynh, Manager at Travelodge Hotel Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review about your recent stay at Travelodge Sydney.
I am pleased that you found the rooms to be clean and that you enjoyed the breakfast buffet and the selection we have to offer.
Thank you also for the feedback in regards to the location of the hotel, you are correct in saying that Travelodge Sydney is close to most attractions in Sydney.
I am delighted that you found the team to be friendly and helpful during your stay.
Thank you again for your feedback and I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to Travelodge Sydney in the future.

There are newer reviews for Travelodge Hotel Sydney

Reviewed November 24, 2013

Perfect location for shopping and sightseeing with walking distance to most parts of the city centre. Nothing special about the hotel, comfy bed and effective staff. Only negative thing about the hotel is the rubbish shower. Low pressure and took about 7 mins to get some warm water. Fix that and I would definitely come back.

• Stayed: November 2013

Dear Valued Guest,
I am pleased that you found the room to have a comfy bed, along with the hotel being in a great location to explore Sydney.
Thank you for your feedback in regards to the shower, I will have our maintenance team look into this as I can assure you this is not common.

Reviewed November 24, 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights, it is in a good location, close to Oxford St., Hyde Park, shopping and Museum Station. My room was clean, really comfortable bed and a good shower...what more do you need! Breakfast was good value at $15. and a good range of breakfast options. The staff on reception are friendly and eager to please.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo

Dear Valued Guest,
I am pleased that you found the hotel to be clean with a comfortable bed and a good shower, along with the hotel being in a great location to explore Sydney.
Thank you also for the feedback in regards to the breakfast being good value for money with our check in special and that you enjoyed the range of options on the buffet.
I am delighted that you found the team to be friendly and eager to please during your stay.

Reviewed November 23, 2013

5 days of stay in Travelodge, first thing I have noticed is that the staff at the reception weren't very friendly. Rule of thumb for sitting at front desk.

Hotel room were a bit worned out especially the washroom. Housekeeping was the worst!! My rooms were not throughly cleaned throughout my stay there. The small dining table at the corner was never wiped throughout my stay, it's just dissapointing. Washroom wasnt cleaned as well. Imagine 5 days!!! There's a small kitchenette provided and it was never cleaned each time after housekeeping. I suppose all they did was made my bed and gave me fresh towels.

Please be a bit more generous in your provision of shampoos and body wash, we had to ask the housekeeping to give us more. How are we to share a small tube when there's two staying in a room!!!??

Word of advise, dont expect much and bring your own shampoo!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Crystle77
HeidiHuynh, Manager at Travelodge Hotel Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,
Please accept my sincere apology that the cleanliness of the room was not up to the standard we strive to achieve, please be assured that I have passed your feedback onto the housekeeping team.

Reviewed November 23, 2013

I was there a week ago. I had booked through Expedia for a double room. when we arrived we were given a corner room with 3 single beds and a bathroom which was not cleaned to the standard. the staff were good enough to swap our room next day. thank you. However, more needs to be done in this hotel in regards to cleanliness in particular the bathrooms and corridors. certainly the standard and the hiked price does not match. will not stay there again. photos look better than reality. a rip off

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mary j

Dear Valued Guest,
In regards to your comment about booking a queen but being allocated a different room, I can only imagine that you have booked the room type where we clearly state that the bedding will be either a queen or a twin and cannot be guaranteed. We do ask you to advise your preferred bedding, and while we try to accommodate all requests, there are some times when it’s just not possible

Reviewed November 19, 2013

$230 for a crap room and a crap breakfast. There are so many more convenient hotels, with just a s good of a lcoation, better rooms, better service and better food. Definately the worst Travelodge I've stayed at yet. Won't be going back. The Adina or Mercure or Marque all around this area are far more value for money!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dawnirl
HeidiHuynh, Manager at Travelodge Hotel Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,
I am sorry that you did not find Travelodge Sydney to be value for money as this is something we pride ourselves on, being a great 3.5 star hotel in a great location. November is a busy time of year in Sydney and this has an impact on the hotel prices across the city also. The hotels that you have mentioned are all 4+ star hotels and their prices are usually $100-$200 per night more than what we sell at Travelodge Sydney.
Thank you again for your feedback and we hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to Travelodge Sydney in the future.

Reviewed November 14, 2013

Booked this hotel through our travel agent as they had a special offer. Found it really handy to the city and just 200m walk from Hyde Park and the Museum Railway Station so you can catch the airport train to the museum station and walk with no hassles. Basic, clean accommodation and really friendly staff. Definitely stay here again ....

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tiger96_nz

Dear Valued Guest,
I’m glad that you found the hotel to be in a great location for exploring Sydney and that you found the room to be basic but clean with everything you needed.
I was delighted to read that you found the team to be friendly during your stay.