“Good value for money”

Travelodge Hotel Sydney
Ranked #104 of 178 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed September 20, 2013

We had a good time staying at Travelodge Sydney. The location is within walking distance to town and busses were accessible. Clean, comfortable room with kitchen utensils.Wifi was a bit pricey,but,connection was great! the room we booked included breakfast. unfortunately, same breakfast throughout our 5 days stay. Friendly staff. Overall, it was an affordable accommodation.Will definately recommend to others..

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
HeidiHuynh, Manager at Travelodge Hotel Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post your valuable comment about your recent stay at Travelodge Sydney.
I was pleased to read that you found the rooms to be clean and comfortable and the hotel to be in a great location to explore Sydney.
I am delighted that you found the team to be friendly during your stay.
Thank you again for your feedback and for recommending Travelodge Sydney. I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to Travelodge Sydney again in the future.

There are newer reviews for Travelodge Hotel Sydney

Reviewed September 20, 2013

Our stay here was definitely uncomplicated. Check in is 2pm, but our room was ready hours earlier which was great. Staff were polite and helpful. Rooms were clean and tended to daily. We found the location great! A 5 minute walk to Hyde Park & a 30 minute walk to Circular Quay. We would definitely stay again.

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post your valuable comments about your recent stay at Travelodge Sydney.
I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay at Travelodge Sydney and found the rooms to be clean and the hotel to be in a great location to explore Sydney.
I am delighted that you found the team to be polite and helpful.
Thank you again for your feedback. I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to Travelodge Sydney again in the future.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

We had a good stay here whilst I got through the horrendous jet lag travelling from the UK in mid winter to Sydney mid-summer! Very central and well located, it was easy indeed to walk to all of the main sites in the centre of the city from hear. Nice rooms, quiet, good quality sleep and spotless clean, and decent breakfast.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
HeidiHuynh, Manager at Travelodge Hotel Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,
I was pleased to read that you found Travelodge Sydney to be in a good location and that you enjoyed your stay for the most part. I am sorry that we were unable to allocate your friends on the same floor, we do try to meet our guest’s requests, however on some occasions this just physically isn’t possible.
I was delighted to read that you found the team to be fantastic and that you would recommend Travelodge Sydney.

Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 1 night and had 2 rooms, we requested side by side rooms when we booked 2 months prior to arrival, we got however, 1 room on the 11. Floor and 1 room on the 18, when we asked why, we were told it was because we had booked through a third party ( Otel.com) and not direct to the hotel!! The room we had on the 18 was fantastic, but the room our friends had was obviously the last one left for the night, no remote control for the TV and no 2 seater lounge just a big ugly mark on the wall where the lounge was !! Otherwise. Staff were fantastic, rooms were generally clean, location was a little out of the way for Darling Harbour etc, would recommend it, but make sure you email them first and get confiation of what you require as extras, I did email them and they confirmed the booking, but even though I requested side by side rooms, they did not confirm this when they confirmed the booking!

Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

I stayed there recently due to Jetstar promo at $99. It is good value at $99 n location is good. Only complain is the early check out time at 10. Thought the normal is 12. When asked about checking out at 12, I was told I need to pay Extra $30 n $40 if I want to check out at l.
Would not stay if it is not promo price!

Dear Valued Guest,
I was pleased to read that you found Travelodge Sydney to be good value for money and in a good location for exploring Sydney.

Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

Had a quick two night stay here. After looking around for some cheaper accomodation, I found this hotel, great value. Nothing special but overall good, room was clean and modern, service was good. Close to the city, Hyde Park and Chinatown.

Dear Valued Guest,
I was pleased to read that you found Travelodge Sydney to be good value for money and that the rooms were clean and modern and the hotel was in a central location for exploring Sydney.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

This hotel is well situated for a visit to Sydney. It is easily reached by train and then foot. The rooms are clean and basic , good value for money. The breakfast is ok but you can get better in cafes around. The big problem is the lack of clarity in the instructions for Internet use, it is virtually impossible to log on for your free 15 minutes a day.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the lifts
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
HeidiHuynh, Manager at Travelodge Hotel Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,
I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the hotel to be clean and good value for money.
We do offer 15 minutes free wifi in the lobby only, if you do encounter any problems, please be sure to speak to one of our friendly receptionists and they will be only too happy to assist.