“A basic hotel”

Travelodge Hotel Sydney
Ranked #106 of 180 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed September 11, 2013

This hotel is well situated for a visit to Sydney. It is easily reached by train and then foot. The rooms are clean and basic , good value for money. The breakfast is ok but you can get better in cafes around. The big problem is the lack of clarity in the instructions for Internet use, it is virtually impossible to log on for your free 15 minutes a day.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the lifts
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
HeidiHuynh, Manager at Travelodge Hotel Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post your valuable comments about your recent stay at Travelodge Sydney.
I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the hotel to be clean and good value for money.
We do offer 15 minutes free wifi in the lobby only, if you do encounter any problems, please be sure to speak to one of our friendly receptionists and they will be only too happy to assist.
Thank you again for your feedback. I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to Travelodge Sydney again in the future.
Hotel Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (5,346)

Reviewed September 11, 2013

Convenient with everything you need. basic but good. Clean. Can walk straight into city centre.
Train stations nearby if you need to get anywhere other than the city. A stones throw from my favourite restaurant 'Longrain' in surrey hills. No need for a taxi home, can walk all of two minutes.
I pay cash deposit so I don't have to wait for it to be returned to my bank account days later.
We had a good nights' sleep... thank you travelodge.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Dear Valued Guest,
I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the hotel to be clean and in a convenient location for exploring Sydney.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

My daughter and I used the Travelodge as our base during our first visit to Sydney at the end of august. Good value for money and central to all the sites. The reception staff very helpful and knowledgeable. Housekeeping a bit hit and miss with nothing done on two days. Wi fi free for 15 minutes in twenty four hour period . Any more charged at rip off rate. Pillows like sleeping on bricks. However overall not bad. Didn't eat there.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank paulnohare
HeidiHuynh, Manager at Travelodge Hotel Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,
I was pleased to read that you found Travelodge Sydney to be good value for money and that the hotel was in a central location for exploring Sydney.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

It's nice to be in the city! After a couple nights in airport hotels, it's refreshing to be able to walk around at night. The hotel was in a fantastic location. Close to Chinatown and the pier. Room was surprisingly roomy. Bathroom was a bit small but hey. You can't have it all right. Price of hotel was very very fair for what was provided. Did not watch much tv but like most Aussie hotels not much selection. One note for housekeeping. Please move the furniture around when vacuming,cleaning such as the bed counters as ours had some brown mushy stuff behind the counter. I don't what it was and was too tired to find out. Also water was hot then cold then hot etc. someone fix the plumbing in australia. Aside from these two issues. I will come back to this hotel next time back in oz!

Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Dear Valued Guest,
I was pleased to read that you were pleasantly surprised in regards to the hotel and size of the room. I am glad you found the hotel to be in a great location for exploring Sydney.
Please accept my apology that the cleaning was not up to the standard we strive to achieve, please be assured that I have passed your feedback onto the team.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

my husband and i stayed here on a recent trip to sydney.couldnt really fault the hotel,although it is a little far from local attractions and you have to pay for wifi.other than that,a half hour walk will get you into the centre where you can get to all the attrations from there.the staff were friendly ,rooms were clean,teas and coffee replenished daily along with towels and bedding.enjoyed our stay

Dear Valued Guest,
I was pleased to read that you have enjoyed your stay and found the rooms to be clean and the team to be friendly during your stay.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

We visited Sydney for Vivid .We were able to get a good rate on line and booked a bed and breakfast package for 3 night stay. The room was very clean and although on the small side was adequate for our purposes as we were out and about all day. The room had no view to speak of as it overlooked a rear laneway and office block, but on the plus side it was quiet.The only down sides, the pillow was hard and uncomfortable and for me, the window does not open. A very nice hot and cold breakfast buffet with good espresso coffee was included in the price. The staff were friendly and helpful . Good location, close to train stations and the free city/Circular Quay shuttle bus and within walking distance to city shops, cafes, parks and gardens . Would definitely stay here again, very good value for money.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank pandora1512

Dear Valued Guest,
I was pleased to read that you have enjoyed your stay and found the rooms to be clean and adequate for your stay, along with, the hotel being good value for money, in a great location, with a good breakfast.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

me and my sisters were in sydney for holiday and we stayed at travel lodge it was a wonderful experience i have tried a lot of hotel but i think this was the best,i will go again to this place and recommend to all my friends who are going to Sydney for holiday

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Dear Valued Guest,
I was pleased to read that you have found your stay at Travelodge Sydney to be a wonderful experience.
Thank you again for your feedback and for recommending Travelodge Sydney. I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to Travelodge Sydney again in the future.