“Centrally located but nothing special”

Travelodge Hotel Sydney
Ranked #108 of 186 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Functional for a short stay. Well located near Hyde Park and Museum station which links to the airport. Also within walking distance of Circular Quay and the Botanical Gardens. Rooms are small but clean and comfortable. I was booked with 2 other people. I arrived several hours after my colleagues to find that that they had not been given access to their rooms because my name appeared first on the booking. The reception is unexceptional. There is a lounge with access to computers.There is free WiFi access.I stayed in a room on the 16th floor which had a small view of the Southern part of the city. Suggest you don't eat in hotel. There are many very nice cafes close by including one next door. This hotel is suitable for a short stay. At $145 a night it was quite good value.

Room Tip: select a room on the higher levels to try for a view and avoid ciy traffic noise
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Peter S
HeidiHuynh, Manager at Travelodge Hotel Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post your valuable comments about your recent stay at Travelodge Sydney.
I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay at Travelodge Sydney and the room was clean and comfortable with good value for money and in a good location.
Thank you again for your feedback. I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to Travelodge Sydney again in the future.
Hotel Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (5,554)

Reviewed September 3, 2013

The hotel is located close to train station, room rate is quite reasonable especially on weekends, the room is large but there is no CNN, BBC , lack of news channel. The breakfast is too expensive at price of AUD19 with low quality, anyway I got the buy one get one free offer, so this is reasonable but suggest going out to supermarket for fresh milk, bread, beef to make up your own breakfast at realtively low price.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,
I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay at Travelodge Sydney and found the room to be large and the hotel to be value for money.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I stayed just for one night, but enjoy so much, for the price I paid for it I'm expecting some much more low quality, but when I get there I'm like wooww, it's nice.
The staff was very friendly,
Very good location,
Very quiet at night,
For sure I will stay there again in when I return to Sydney!
I recommend.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Dear Valued Guest,
I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay at Travelodge Sydney and found the hotel to be in a good location and that you found the team to be friendly during your stay.
Thank you again for your feedback and for recommending Travelodge Sydney. I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to Travelodge Sydney again in the future.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

My wife and I stayed for four nights in Travelodge hotel in April 2013. Hotels reception works 24 hours and there have baggage room. The staff were very helpful . The room was extremely clean. Every time when I go in Sydney I prefer Travelodge. Absolutely worth every cents .

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,
I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay at Travelodge Sydney and found the room to be clean and the team to be helpful during your stay.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

This is an unremarkable hotel - neither particularly good nor particularly bad, but overall, good value and a good location.

We arrived early but they didn't admit to having any rooms available prior to official checkin time which was a bit of a disappointment. When we did get the room, it was clean and comfortable, albeit fairly small.

The room was reasonably quiet. Internet was extra, but it wasn't clear how much, and we were so tired after our long travels and then a 'homeless' day wandering around Sydney that we didn't use it.

I'd stay here again. It isn't a hotel for an indulgent 'feel good' treat, but for a functional place to stay, it is an excellent choice at a great price.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank TheTravelInsider
HeidiHuynh, Manager at Travelodge Hotel Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,
I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay at Travelodge Sydney and found the room to be quiet and the hotel to be in a great location for exploring Sydney.
We do try to encourage our guests who are arriving earlier to book for the night prior to their arrival so their room is ready when they do arrive at the hotel. If our guests do not choose to take this option, we are more than happy to store their bags for them while they start exploring Sydney. We do try to check our guests in earlier than our advertised check in time when possible; however sometimes it’s just physically not possible.
I was delighted that you found Travelodge Sydney to be a functional hotel and an excellent choice at a great price.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

I stayed here for the first leg of my Sydney trip. My first impression was that it didn't look like what you would expect from a Travelodge in the US - it was a very nice hotel (lobby and all); whereas, in the US, Travelodges are more motels. The staff were courteous and helpful. However, the rooms are small and no free wifi in the rooms. Like all other hotels I've stayed at in Australia, the beds are twin sizes (US hotels are usually 2 full or 2 queens sizes). The bathroom was decent, although, there was no bathtub; only a shower stall. It was comfortable enough for 2 people. As far as location goes, the hotel was outer part of the city center, but it was walking distance to Chinatown and Hyde Park. It was about a mile-and-a-half walk to the Opera House and Circular Quay.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Deana M

Dear Valued Guest,
I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay at Travelodge Sydney and found the hotel to be in a great location for exploring Sydney.
It’s a very valid point you make about Travelodge in Australia and NZ being different to the Travelodge in the US and UK, we are different companies and also have different products. I am pleased that you were pleasantly surprised when you arrived.
I was delighted that you found the team to be courteous and helpful during your stay.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for a total of four nights and were quite happy. The location was fantastic as it offered walking distance to all major sights. The staff was friendly and helpful and were great with dealing with any issues (the battery died in our room lock on the Sunday night). The room was sparse but clean which was what we expected for a Travleodge. We will probably be staying there when we return to Sydney.

Room Tip: We booked through a website and made sure that we booked the night before so that we could check in...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,
I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay at Travelodge Sydney and found the room to be clean and the hotel to be in a great location for exploring Sydney.
I was delighted that you found the team to be friendly and helpful during your stay.
Hotel Manger