“Great hotel”

Travelodge Hotel Sydney
Ranked #98 of 178 Hotels in Sydney
“Great hotel”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I stayed just for one night, but enjoy so much, for the price I paid for it I'm expecting some much more low quality, but when I get there I'm like wooww, it's nice.
The staff was very friendly,
Very good location,
Very quiet at night,
For sure I will stay there again in when I return to Sydney!
I recommend.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
HeidiHuynh, Manager at Travelodge Hotel Sydney, responded to this review, September 8, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post your valuable comments about your recent stay at Travelodge Sydney.
I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay at Travelodge Sydney and found the hotel to be in a good location and that you found the team to be friendly during your stay.
Thank you again for your feedback and for recommending Travelodge Sydney. I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to Travelodge Sydney again in the future.
Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (351)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed September 3, 2013

My wife and I stayed for four nights in Travelodge hotel in April 2013. Hotels reception works 24 hours and there have baggage room. The staff were very helpful . The room was extremely clean. Every time when I go in Sydney I prefer Travelodge. Absolutely worth every cents .

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,
I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay at Travelodge Sydney and found the room to be clean and the team to be helpful during your stay.
Thank you again for your feedback. I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to Travelodge Sydney again in the future.
Redmond,WA
Reviewed September 1, 2013

This is an unremarkable hotel - neither particularly good nor particularly bad, but overall, good value and a good location.

We arrived early but they didn't admit to having any rooms available prior to official checkin time which was a bit of a disappointment. When we did get the room, it was clean and comfortable, albeit fairly small.

The room was reasonably quiet. Internet was extra, but it wasn't clear how much, and we were so tired after our long travels and then a 'homeless' day wandering around Sydney that we didn't use it.

I'd stay here again. It isn't a hotel for an indulgent 'feel good' treat, but for a functional place to stay, it is an excellent choice at a great price.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank TheTravelInsider
HeidiHuynh, Manager at Travelodge Hotel Sydney, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay at Travelodge Sydney and found the room to be quiet and the hotel to be in a great location for exploring Sydney.
We do try to encourage our guests who are arriving earlier to book for the night prior to their arrival so their room is ready when they do arrive at the hotel. If our guests do not choose to take this option, we are more than happy to store their bags for them while they start exploring Sydney. We do try to check our guests in earlier than our advertised check in time when possible; however sometimes it’s just physically not possible.
I was delighted that you found Travelodge Sydney to be a functional hotel and an excellent choice at a great price.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed August 31, 2013

I stayed here for the first leg of my Sydney trip. My first impression was that it didn't look like what you would expect from a Travelodge in the US - it was a very nice hotel (lobby and all); whereas, in the US, Travelodges are more motels. The staff were courteous and helpful. However, the rooms are small and no free wifi in the rooms. Like all other hotels I've stayed at in Australia, the beds are twin sizes (US hotels are usually 2 full or 2 queens sizes). The bathroom was decent, although, there was no bathtub; only a shower stall. It was comfortable enough for 2 people. As far as location goes, the hotel was outer part of the city center, but it was walking distance to Chinatown and Hyde Park. It was about a mile-and-a-half walk to the Opera House and Circular Quay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Deana M
Dear Valued Guest,
I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay at Travelodge Sydney and found the hotel to be in a great location for exploring Sydney.
It’s a very valid point you make about Travelodge in Australia and NZ being different to the Travelodge in the US and UK, we are different companies and also have different products. I am pleased that you were pleasantly surprised when you arrived.
I was delighted that you found the team to be courteous and helpful during your stay.
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed August 30, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for a total of four nights and were quite happy. The location was fantastic as it offered walking distance to all major sights. The staff was friendly and helpful and were great with dealing with any issues (the battery died in our room lock on the Sunday night). The room was sparse but clean which was what we expected for a Travleodge. We will probably be staying there when we return to Sydney.

Room Tip: We booked through a website and made sure that we booked the night before so that we could check in...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,
I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay at Travelodge Sydney and found the room to be clean and the hotel to be in a great location for exploring Sydney.
I was delighted that you found the team to be friendly and helpful during your stay.
Hotel Manger
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed August 30, 2013

The smoke smell in my room was overwhelming, made me sick. I requested a non-smoking room and was assured it was. When I complained, they said there was nothing they could do.

Worst hotel I've ever stayed in. First time trying a Travelodge and it is my last time. When you check in, signs are all over the place saying "no smoking" yet my room reeked of smoke. I even had to sign an extra place saying I would not smoke in the room and commented to the clerk that was comforting that my room would not smell. I was wrong!!!

You should note that in all the comments about this hotel, the only good things are not hotel related!

Plus, beds did not have top sheets, only the comforter on top of you. I asked the manager and he said they don't change those out between visitors either. That is just nasty and below standards for any hotel. Sleeping under a comfortor that has not been cleaned after strangers slept under it! Any legitimate hotel chain would not allow this hotel to bear their name.

Bathroom floor was dirty, yellow stained grout in shower. Water flow was weak and there wasn't a tub. Plus, you couldn't get hot water out of the sink faucet. One washcloth was provided for 2 people! Twin beds in the room would tell someone at least 2 washcloths are needed! I had to go to the front desk to request another and that is exactly what they gave me, one!

Internet access was extra and charged by the minute. On top of all this, the room was tiny, barely enough room for 2 people to get around. A room like this should have cost half as much as they charged!

Room Tip: You want a "tip" for this hotel? Don't stay there!!!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Cheryl L
Dear Valued Guest,
I am sorry to read that your stay with us was not the positive experience that I hope all of our guests have.
Travelodge Sydney is a fully non-smoking hotel, as you have noted we have signs in the rooms and in the corridors to remind our guests of this, sadly some people do not adhere to this. However your room should not have been allocated to you if it still smelt, I am extremely sorry that we were unable to move you to another room.
In regards to your comment about the doona cover not being changed; I can assure you that you have been given the wrong information. Our doona covers are changed after every guest and during your stay if you are with us for a few nights or more. We would never cut corners when it comes to hygiene.
The information about the internet you have posted is incorrect, we do not charge by the hour and we have a number of packages to choose from, which include hourly, daily, 3 night plans, Weekly plans and monthly plans. All these plans are available when you first log onto the Wi-Fi.
Once again, please accept my apology that your stay with us was not a positive experience for you. I want to assure you that any feedback is of the highest value to us, so if you would like to discuss any part of your stay in more detail, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel.
Hotel Manager

Travelers are raving about these Sydney hotels

London
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Simply love love loved it. Excellent location, great value for money, superb service clean bathrooms, fresh towels what else we could ask from a budget hotel.
Grabbed a deal from online $99 special which is amazing got a king bed 17th floor so quiet and fantastic view at night. Centrally located whenever needed a coffee or food just walked out and got one at any time of the day/night.
555 free shuttle runs from Elizabeth street takes you around city for free.
Breakfast in hotel was good grabbed a deal for $14.50 check in special - not much options for breakfast but cant complaint.
Hyde park 2 minutes away, paddys market fantastic shopping expereince.
Reception staff commendable very hard working and efficient knew the city by heart ask any questions they have all the answers. Specially Gee and Widya they made my stay amazing. Always smiling and ready to help.
The hotel had vending machines on few levels which was very helpfull as well.

Room Tip: Take higher floor and king bed - best combination Take the free city map from reception and ask rec...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Dear Valued Guest,
I am pleased that you enjoyed the location of the hotel and found the rooms to be clean and great value for money.
I was delighted that you found the team to be efficient ad that Fee and Widya made your stay an amazing one, I will be sure to pass your feedback onto them.