“We always stay at this hotel when we travel to Sydney”

Travelodge Hotel Sydney
Ranked #97 of 175 Hotels in Sydney
Ottawa, Canada
“We always stay at this hotel when we travel to Sydney”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

The location cannot be faulted. Close to Oxford Street, Chinatown, Darling Harbour, the CBD, Hyde Park, train station, buses and shopping centres.

You can get to the hotel directly from the airport by catching the train to Museum Station and then a short walk to the hotel.

The rooms are of a decent size, are very clean and have wonderful amenities such as tea and coffee making facilities, a small fridge and a microwave. Some rooms have wonderful views of the city.

Checking in and out is very pleasant, and staff are helpful, efficient and assist you with a minimum of fuss.

I would highly recommend this hotel. The prices are very decent, given that hotel rooms in Sydney are very over priced.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank WendyandLyn
HeidiHuynh, Manager at Travelodge Hotel Sydney, responded to this review, March 3, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post your valuable comments about your recent stay at Travelodge Sydney, and for your continued support.
I was pleased to read that you enjoy the location of the hotel and that you find the rooms to be clean, a decent size and enjoy the facilities the rooms have to offer.
I was also delighted to read that you find the team to be helpful and efficient
Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to Travelodge Sydney again in the future.
Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (347)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Boise, Idaho
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Really liked the location and the price. Easy walking to lots of the sights downtown and the free bus picked up a block away. There was an excellent breakfest included and the staff was super helpful. Best of the 3 places I stayed in the Sydney area....

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post your valuable comments about your recent stay at Travelodge Sydney.
I was pleased to read that you enjoyed the location of the hotel and enjoyed breakfast also.
I was also delighted that you found the team to be super helpful.
Thank you again for your feedback and I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to Travelodge Sydney sometime in the future.
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Check-in was easy, the room was clean & what you'd expect for a cheaper, city hotel and the free city bus shuttle is just 2 blocks behind it. The hotel is within walking distance from Central Station (even in heels) and Oxford Street is also within walking distance.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
HeidiHuynh, Manager at Travelodge Hotel Sydney, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
I was pleased to read that you enjoyed the location of the hotel and that you found the room to be clean and that check in was easy.
Coventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Stayed here last month for 2 weeks with my dad. We were booked into the Y Hotel around the corner, but when I heard it was "shared bathroom" I soon changed to the travel lodge. This hotel had everything and more. In the rooms you had a safe, tea/coffee, breakfast bowls with cutlery, fridge 2 big comfy beds and even the view weren't bad. The free map we picked up at reception of Sydney was like gold dust we kept that throughout our holiday took it everywhere and really did help save time and energy. Location is very good, it is just around the corner from Hyde Park, lovely park! My favourite day was Australia day it was just amazing something going on everywhere you went. It is about half an hour walk to the Sydney Opera House now that might be too much from some people we found that ok, but there is a free shuttle bus "555" that runs throughout the day until around 3.30pm..something like that, so that is useful. The prices in hotel and around Sydney we did find a bit on the high side, I would compare them to London prices but you can find your bargains. There is a place just opposite this hotel called "The Sydney Brewhouse" we found ourselves in here any night when we were in the area as food is delicious drinks..and by that I mean beer, the choice was very good and mainly is was dirt cheap with friendly staff. The staff at the travel lodge again very helpful they even looked after our bags overnight while we flew to Uluru "Ayres Rock" in the middle of our holiday..which they don't normally do but it really did help us out otherwise we'd have been paying excess baggage.

In all, it was an all round delight to stay at this hotel during our time in Sydney I would definately reccommend and return!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Seal89
Dear Valued Guest,
I was pleased to read that you enjoyed the facilities the rooms have to offer and the location of the hotel for exploring Sydney. I am pleased you enjoyed Australia day and the festivities that happen in the city.
I was delighted that your found the team to be helpful and that your choice of changing hotels and staying with us was a positive change.
Pune
Reviewed February 25, 2013

It is great hotel in the heart of the Sydney CBD, Good connectivity to public transport system all the time.Very close to sydney central station.
Its little bit costly but you can get a good deal as well.
you have many options of restaurants nearby

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,
I was pleased to read that you enjoyed the location of the hotel, especially for public transport and the large selection of restaurants in the area.
Thank you again for your feedback and I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to Travelodge Sydney again in the future.
Rolleston
Reviewed February 24, 2013

stayed here twice 29-31st Jan 2013 then again 7th -14 Feb 2013 location fantastic. staff very helpful and cheerful nothing seemed a problem. on our second stay we found the jug/ safe not working and the fridge was freezing up all these were fixed or replaced within 30 min of telling the staff on the front desk we throught this was great service.room very clean and comfortable.travel lodge is within easy walking distant to circular quay darling harbour sydney harbour bridge the rocks china town and paddys market cental train station 5 min walk and plenty of good restaurants around the corner in oxford street. also recommend the George hotel around the corner for well priced meals. overall would highly recommend this travel lodge and we will stay here again

Room Tip: we stayed twice and had 2 different rooms one a the front facing the street and a apartment building...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
HeidiHuynh, Manager at Travelodge Hotel Sydney, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post your valuable comments about your recent stay at Travelodge Sydney and for your continued support.
I was pleased to read that you found the room to be clean and comfortable and the hotel to be a in a good location for exploring Sydney.
Please accept my apology that there were some items in your room not working, but I am pleased that this was rectified quickly.
I was delighted to read that you found the team to be helpful and cheerful.
Reviewed February 24, 2013

When I booked the hotel I notified them that we would be checking in at approx midnight and called them 2 days before to make sure it was noted. We rock up and when the guy goes to had us the key he says ohh there will be a wait on your room of 15 minutes. 30 minutes. Later we find out the air conditioner and is 12.30 am. No offer of a later check in as we are only staying one night. Pretty poor, couldn't this maintenance issue has been fixed before our check in late at night. Still waiting to check in as I am writing this...

Stayed February 2013
2 Thank kittycie
Dear Valued Guest,
Please accept my sincere apology that there was a delay with your check in and that there was air conditioning problems with your room, you are correct in saying that this should have been repaired prior to you checking in. Please be assured I will follow this up with all the departments involved.
Hotel Manager

Travelers are raving about these Sydney hotels